Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

August

Discovering Lana Del Rey

58 minutes ago, Littleswiftie said:

Ugh her music is angelic yet depressing, not something I would listen everydayari7

I understand what you mean, but Lana's melancholia is definitely suitable for me no matter the mood. It has probably something to do with the fact that I have saturated myself with her music in the past, so I can appreciate Lana songs anytime. I actually feel that way with other artists similar to her and her style. Of course, many parts of her discography are better experienced when your emotions align with the atmosphere of the songs. 

4 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

I understand what you mean, but Lana's melancholia is definitely suitable for me no matter the mood. It has probably something to do with the fact that I have saturated myself with her music in the past, so I can appreciate Lana songs anytime. I actually feel that way with other artists similar to her and her style. Of course, many parts of her discography are better experienced when your emotions align with the atmosphere of the songs. 

this is very true! plus, she has plenty of diversity in both her released/unreleased catalogue that are suitable for any mood jj2 I wouldn't say songs like High By the Beach, Go Go Dancer, Behind Closed Doors, Hit and Run, etc. are even necessarily "melancholic" like the rest of her discography

Just now, Hunty Bear said:

this is very true! plus, she has plenty of diversity in both her released/unreleased catalogue that are suitable for any mood jj2 I wouldn't say songs like High By the Beach, Go Go Dancer, Behind Closed Doors, Hit and Run, etc. are even necessarily "melancholic" like the rest of her discography

Definitely. It takes some of those songs ( or National Anthem or Brite Lights or Queen of the Gas Station jj2 ) to start Lana party and then procede with "blue" moments. Always put some more rhythmic songs between those melancholic mentions and that is really party even for casual listeners and non fans. 

As I said, I can listen to Terrence Loves You and other similar in tone by her even when I don't necessarily feel that way. 

7 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

literally everything after BTD is depressing. kesha8 

Actually, Born to Die itself is ratger depressing. UV & BTD are definitely more depressing than the others.

Lust for Life is probably her least depressing. Honeymoon isn't particularly depressing either, except for two or three songs. 

4 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Actually, Born to Die itself is ratger depressing. UV & BTD are definitely more depressing than the others.

Lust for Life is probably her least depressing. Honeymoon isn't particularly depressing either, except for two or three songs. 

i was thinking more towards sonically depressing jj3 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.