Agugaga

The problem with Insta hits...

Songs like "Thank U, Next" and now "7 things" are simply not having any longevity whatsoever for being so front loaded. Sure "Thank You" next spent 7 weeks at #1 on Billboard but it only came out like 9 weeks ago and it's already falling...will it even appear in the top 20 on the year end charts? Idk...everything just seems so fast paced compared to the days of when a song would climb to the top, stay at the top for long, and fall slowly. Let's compare the run of "Thank U Next" to "Without Me" by Halsey, which came out 1 month before, hit #1 after "Thank U, Next" and is now placing higher as they both fall. I think i'd rather have that kind of chart run than Ariana's front loaded one.  Now it's like, a song hits #1 in 30 minutes and is forgotten in 30 days. If a song can't even have longevity in the year its released in how is it going to be remembered 5-10 years down the line brit5 

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

And now folks, it's time for "Who do you trust?" Hubba hubba hubba, money money money, who do you trust? Me? I'm giving away free money! And where is the Batman? HE'S AT HOME, WASHING HIS TIGHTS!

reported for spamming. 

Just now, Bhad Bharb said:

I Agree though, you've made some Points

It just screams fad and gimmick. Like sure, the song is big for a few weeks but that's happened to a lot of front loaded songs. "Look What You Made Me Do" is practically long gone and forgotten and remember how big it was for a few weeks? 

How can something have not longevity when it was #1 for seven weeks straightnicki5 Thank U, Next is likely to stay in the top 10 for a couple months, making it the next Shake It Off while 7 Rings hits #1 shortly after Thank U, Next (almost similiar to Blank Space's situation) for a couple weeks, becoming the next Blank Space. Then she will have a less frontloaded radio smash á la Style, a savage song that hits #1, a quality gem and a hidden gem (Out Of The Woods)oprah14

Spoiler

Jk, but this is likely to be her 1989 era if she sets her cards rightmad1

2 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

It just screams fad and gimmick. Like sure, the song is big for a few weeks but that's happened to a lot of front loaded songs. "Look What You Made Me Do" is practically long gone and forgotten and remember how big it was for a few weeks? 

Frontloaded doesn't have to be a bad thing tho. Shake It Off was frontloaded as well yet managed to stay 50 weeks on the chartsoprah14

Just now, Littleswiftie said:

How can something have not longevity when it was #1 for seven weeks straightnicki5 Thank U, Next is likely to stay in the top 10 for a couple months, making it the next Shake It Off while 7 Rings hits #1 shortly after Thank U, Next (almost similiar to Blank Space's situation) for a couple weeks, becoming the next Blank Space. Then she will have a less frontloaded radio smash á la Style, a savage song that hits #1, a quality gem and a hidden gem (Out Of The Woods)oprah14

Reveal hidden contents

Jk, but this is likely to be her 1989 era if she sets her cards rightmad1

I disagree. "7 Rings" will no way be the "Blank Space" type of hit. That was Taylor's biggest hit without a doubt and it had huge longevity. I think "7 Rings" is more like a "Look What You Made Me Do." The song/video premiered at the same time, causing it to debut extremely high and then it will fall in just a few weeks. 

10 minutes ago, Littleswiftie said:

Frontloaded doesn't have to be a bad thing tho. Shake It Off was frontloaded as well yet managed to stay 50 weeks on the chartsoprah14

That's because "Shake It Off" had more radio support than "Thank U, Next". "Shake It Off" was played on Hot AC and AC, and those radio formats cling to older songs forever, thus causing her to have longevity and more sales. 

But I do agree there were some front loaded songs that ended up having longevity. "Hello" is another example. Debut at #1, stayed there for 10 weeks, then it plummeted but later on ended up hanging around. That's also attributed to it's continued airplay on Hot AC and AC. Ariana's main radio support comes from Pop and they tend to burn and purge and on to the next one more rapidly than the other radio formats. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know you have to give props to Agugaga. Despite coming across as totally nonsensical and completely disconnected from reality, he’s nothing if not persistent. Keep it up Agu.  

tun is a smash sis, shut the fuck up  

It's still #4 on WW Spotify, with her new single being the #1. 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.