Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

The Physical Media Thread

So I'm not 100% sure what I want this thread to be exactly dead2 and yet I know that I want it. Essentially, this is a thread for fans of any physical media (primarily Blu-ray/DVDs, but I guess CDs also - not vinyl or anything because there's already a thread for that and I don't intend for this to exactly be a music thread). Basically, if you like going to a store and picking up something you actually tangibly own, this is the thread for you jj2 If there's any phyical media you already own that you really love and want to share, new stuff you've bought recently or sets that you're looking forward to being released, come on in!

@Mitski all right, so I ordered Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service on Blu-ray, should be here next week. I checked for a big set, but one was suspiciously cheap and turned out to be a bunch of crappy bootlegs and the legit one was about $900 fall3 

If I like so much as one of the movies I already bought, I'll still at least check out Howl's Moving Castle and then hopefully some others.

On 2/1/2019 at 9:49 PM, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Mitski all right, so I ordered Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service on Blu-ray, should be here next week. I checked for a big set, but one was suspiciously cheap and turned out to be a bunch of crappy bootlegs and the legit one was about $900 fall3 

If I like so much as one of the movies I already bought, I'll still at least check out Howl's Moving Castle and then hopefully some others.

Yassss Spirited Away is absolute perfection! You can't go wrong with any of those really. Ghibli films are usually feel good movies with young spirited female protagonists. Miasaki has always said he felt it was important for girls to see themselves as heros just as much as men do and we STAN him because of it! btw all of these choices are high fantasy there's also stories based in the real world like Grave of Fireflies but dont watch that unless you want to curl up into a ball of depression and cry afterwards right @#Musiccreep1

hope you enjoy let me know which one was your fave!

16 minutes ago, Mitski said:

Yassss Spirited Away is absolute perfection! You can't go wrong with any of those really. Ghibli films are usually feel good movies with young spirited female protagonists. Miasaki has always said he felt it was important for girls to see themselves as heros just as much as men do and we STAN him because of it! btw all of these choices are high fantasy there's also stories based in the real world like Grave of Fireflies but dont watch that unless you want to curl up into a ball of depression and cry afterwards right @#Musiccreep1

hope you enjoy let me know which one was your fave!

omg stop cry5 best movie of all time but phew cry5

4 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I need to buy that! 

I’m also getting round to officially organizing my Funkos, so I’ll share some pics once it’s all done. jj2 

22 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

None of them are eligible for international shipping, I hate this. scream2 

On 2/20/2019 at 5:15 PM, Hylia said:

I need to buy that! 

I’m also getting round to officially organizing my Funkos, so I’ll share some pics once it’s all done. jj2 

On 2/21/2019 at 11:13 AM, Luca said:

None of them are eligible for international shipping, I hate this. scream2 

So I actually got it in the mail the other day - they did a really good job! Thought you guys might wanna see...

bahNswB.jpg

d3jRZQa.jpg

H4kjq5V.jpg

VCW4LVr.jpg

LQQfJ70.jpg

4FbjCIX.jpg

LmjTm7Z.jpg

Also, @Luca, which country is it you live in? Maybe if it won't break the bank we could work something out with the shipping.

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

So I actually got it in the mail the other day - they did a really good job! Thought you guys might wanna see...

bahNswB.jpg

d3jRZQa.jpg

H4kjq5V.jpg

VCW4LVr.jpg

LQQfJ70.jpg

4FbjCIX.jpg

LmjTm7Z.jpg

Also, @Luca, which country is it you live in? Maybe if it won't break the bank we could work something out with the shipping.

Looks great! I need to get it in time for the season 3 premiere. I may rewatch the first two before then so it’d be perfect

5 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Looks great! I need to get it in time for the season 3 premiere. I may rewatch the first two before then so it’d be perfect

I particularly like the "Do not play in the Upside Down" disclaimer rip2 

I'm currently four episodes into season 2 - I felt the first episode was a lot of set-up and not too interesting in itself, but it keeps getting better, 3 and 4 especially have been really good.

@Hylia I bought that Elizabeth Taylor Cleopatra movie that you mentioned before rip3 It's bonkers long and will likely join Malcolm X and Nixon as "epic biopics I supposedly wanna watch but have trouble making the time for" rip2 Have you seen it just once, couple of times, what? I generally like to watch movies without interruption if possible but that one seems to demand an intermission.

4 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Hylia I bought that Elizabeth Taylor Cleopatra movie that you mentioned before rip3 It's bonkers long and will likely join Malcolm X and Nixon as "epic biopics I supposedly wanna watch but have trouble making the time for" rip2 Have you seen it just once, couple of times, what? I generally like to watch movies without interruption if possible but that one seems to demand an intermission.

I’ve only seen it once. rip3 I watched the first half one day and the second half the next since they were on separate discs. It’s well worth the watch though! I wanna watch it again one day.

5 minutes ago, Hylia said:

I’ve only seen it once. rip3 I watched the first half one day and the second half the next since they were on separate discs. It’s well worth the watch though! I wanna watch it again one day.

Ah, I just checked and my copy is also two discs (probably the same one). That seems more doable rip2 Apparently it was the most expensive movie ever made up to that point, must be quite the spectacle.

Are you interested in the new movie in development? I heard they were trying to court Denis Villeneuve to direct it, but I guess he's moved onto Dune.

3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Ah, I just checked and my copy is also two discs (probably the same one). That seems more doable rip2 Apparently it was the most expensive movie ever made up to that point, must be quite the spectacle.

Are you interested in the new movie in development? I heard they were trying to court Denis Villeneuve to direct it, but I guess he's moved onto Dune.

I am! I’m also afraid for it though cause no matter who they cast, some group out there will be mad. rip3 I’m wondering if it’ll be as long, because with a story like her’s it almost demands all that time.

7 minutes ago, Hylia said:

I am! I’m also afraid for it though cause no matter who they cast, some group out there will be mad. rip3 I’m wondering if it’ll be as long, because with a story like her’s it almost demands all that time.

Who would you cast if the decision were in your hands? 

I think it'll be like three hours, tops. Studios wanna screen a movie (particularly a big budget one) as many times as possible  in one day so they discourage anything much over two and a hours.

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Who would you cast if the decision were in your hands? 

I think it'll be like three hours, tops. Studios wanna screen a movie (particularly a big budget one) as many times as possible  in one day so they discourage anything much over two and a hours.

Definitely not Gaga or Angelina Jolie like those rumors suggested, not that I really believed them. That’s a hard one cause she’s an iconic historical figure played by one of the most iconic actresses of all time, so those are massive shoes to fill. I feel like the original’s popularity was also heightened due to her messy relationship with her husband who was also in the movie, so Julius Caesar is a hard one too. I’m also not familiar with many actors/actresses though so I can’t be too picky. rip3 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.