Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

The Physical Media Thread

I bought Black Swan on Blu-Ray last year but never watched it until a couple of days ago, and I absolutely loved it. The one I bought was part of a series of horror movies that were released with special Halloween covers. This is Black Swan’s

-Black-Swan-Halloween-2017-Limited-Editi

It’s by far my favorite cover of the collection, but the rest are really cool too.

Screen-Shot-2017-08-31-at-8.59.47-AM.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Hylia did you say you were a fan of Ray Harryhausen movies, or at least Clash of the Titans? I ordered this Blu-ray set of his films that's pretty cool. 

I’ve only seen Clash of the Titans, but it’s one of my favorite movies ever. I’m also seeing that he has one about Jason and the Argonauts, so I wanna see it too given my love of Greek mythology,

11 minutes ago, Hylia said:

I’ve only seen Clash of the Titans, but it’s one of my favorite movies ever. I’m also seeing that he has one about Jason and the Argonauts, so I wanna see it too given my love of Greek mythology,

It has all these:

- Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger

- The 7th Voyage of Sinbad

- The Golden Voyage of Sinbad

- The 3 Worlds of Gulliver

- Jason and the Argonauts

- Earth vs. the Flying Saucers

- It Came From Beneath the Sea

with Jason and the Argonauts and It Came From Beneath the Sea being the only two I've seen. You'd almost certainly like Jason if you love Clash of the Titans. I was a big fan of Greek mythology when I was a kid, with all the remakes Disney is doing lately, Hercules is one I'm actually hoping they do adapt again.

4 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It has all these:

- Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger

- The 7th Voyage of Sinbad

- The Golden Voyage of Sinbad

- The 3 Worlds of Gulliver

- Jason and the Argonauts

- Earth vs. the Flying Saucers

- It Came From Beneath the Sea

with Jason and the Argonauts and It Came From Beneath the Sea being the only two I've seen. You'd almost certainly like Jason if you love Clash of the Titans. I was a big fan of Greek mythology when I was a kid, with all the remakes Disney is doing lately, Hercules is one I'm actually hoping they do adapt again.

The titles are intriguing, I’ll have to read up on them. I’m pretty sure I’ve heard of It Came From Beneath the Sea actually. And I agree, Hercules has so much potential in a live action format. 

33 minutes ago, Hylia said:

The titles are intriguing, I’ll have to read up on them. I’m pretty sure I’ve heard of It Came From Beneath the Sea actually. And I agree, Hercules has so much potential in a live action format. 

Yeah, I mean, I'll happily watch the various sword and sandal CGI monsters mashes like Wrath of the Titans and Seventh Son that flop and go nowhere (I quite liked Gods of Egypt actually rip3) but it would be cool for Disney to go really A-treatment with a Hercules film. Have you seen either of those 2014 Hercules movies? I wouldn't mind seeing either, the one with Dwayne Johnson is probably at least OK.

10 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yeah, I mean, I'll happy watch the various sword and sandal CGI monsters mashes like Wrath of the Titans and Seventh Son that flop and go nowhere (I quite liked Gods of Egypt actually rip3) but it would be cool for Disney to go really A-treatment with a Hercules film. Have you seen either of those 2014 Hercules movies? I wouldn't mind seeing either, the one with Dwayne Johnson is probably at least OK.

I still need to watch Gods of Egypt because I also like Egyptian mythology a lot. I’m one of the few people that liked the 2017 reboot of The Mummy just because I thought Ahmanet was cool. rip3 

I haven’t, I actually forgot about those. Do you know if they’re more Greek or Roman based?

1 hour ago, Hylia said:

I still need to watch Gods of Egypt because I also like Egyptian mythology a lot. I’m one of the few people that liked the 2017 reboot of The Mummy just because I thought Ahmanet was cool. rip3 

I haven’t, I actually forgot about those. Do you know if they’re more Greek or Roman based?

I wasn't a big fan of The Mummy 2017, that whole sequence with Dr. Jekyll was one of the most shameless plot derailments I've ever seen, which is even more ridiculous now since none of those other movies will probably ever get made rip2 

I don't have a clue. Apparently the one with Dwayne Johnson is based on this comic: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercules_(Radical_Comics) I guess if anything it sounds Greek to me (!), but I'm not sure. I also just learned that John Hurt is in that movie (yay!) and Brett Ratner directed it (nay!). 

2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Daenerys I think you were absent when I made this thread, I know you also like Blu-rays so do you have anything you're proud of?

I'm really into steelbooks lately. Two that come to mind immediately are:

175743_front.jpg?t=1493352972190201_front.jpg?t=1507090317

I just love the minimalistic approach of steelbooks like this.

BUT I'm also EXTREMELY into slipcovers (like I'll be mad if I don't get sent one in the mail) and there are just WAY too many to even mention with beautiful slipcovers.

46 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

I'm really into steelbooks lately. Two that come to mind immediately are:

175743_front.jpg?t=1493352972190201_front.jpg?t=1507090317

I just love the minimalistic approach of steelbooks like this.

BUT I'm also EXTREMELY into slipcovers (like I'll be mad if I don't get sent one in the mail) and there are just WAY too many to even mention with beautiful slipcovers.

I have only two steelbooks (The Phantom Menace and The VVitch), but I do think they're pretty cool, I wouldn't mind getting more of them. How many-ish would you say you have?

I definitely agree about the slipcovers; I would guess only about a quarter of my collection has them but I think they're much more aesthetically pleasing. Ironically I usually don't like them on DVDs rip4 They just look cheaper for some reason. Some of the Universal Studios slip covers they put out for their 100th anniversary we're cool though, can't remember where I have them though rip4 

21 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I have only two steelbooks (The Phantom Menace and The VVitch), but I do think they're pretty cool, I wouldn't mind getting more of them. How many-ish would you say you have?

I definitely agree about the slipcovers; I would guess only about a quarter of my collection has them but I think they're much more aesthetically pleasing. Ironically I usually don't like them on DVDs rip4 They just look cheaper for some reason. Some of the Universal Studios slip covers they put out for their 100th anniversary we're cool though, can't remember where I have them though rip4 

omg I have 47 give or take rip4

DVD are just so big compared, I completely know what you mean. rip4

@Daenerys do you remember HD DVD, basically the loser to blu-ray? bebe1 The only movie I own on it is the HD DVD/DVD combo of Children of Men, but I was thinking about the Xbox 360 add-on that plays HD DVDs just out of curiosity, which would also come with the Peter Jackson version of King Kong bebe1 

3 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Daenerys do you remember HD DVD, basically the loser to blu-ray? bebe1 The only movie I own on it is the HD DVD/DVD combo of Children of Men, but I was thinking about the Xbox 360 add-on that plays HD DVDs just out of curiosity, which would also come with the Peter Jackson version of King Kong bebe1 

I do remember it, but I don't think I got any bebe1 my first blu-ray was The Dark Knight... but it took a bit to actually start the transition of DVD to Blu-Ray bebe1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.