Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

August

Re-arrange the Reputation era

8 hours ago, Littleswiftie said:

That's why TS7 will become her Thriller era if she promotesjj2 She has won the gp back with her tour and movie and now people will (hopefully) listen to a catchy, well thought-out and well appreciated lead in Julyjj2 She also moved to Republic Records. She will definitely have a lot more Spotify promo since artists like Ariana and Drake are under the same label and considering she's bigger than both in overall..

I'm hoping for real that it will happen because i've been letdown by comeback eras too many times recently tbh. 

18 hours ago, johnny1248 said:

I'm hoping for real that it will happen because i've been letdown by comeback eras too many times recently tbh. 

Tea tea tea, Witness, Head Above Water, Queen, Alessia Cara.. on the other hand, Gaga managed to make a GREAT comeback with a lead single of a movie which is #1 on iTunes for almost 4 months straight and a Golden Globegaga3 Reputation was a comeback era but not especially for the gp. It was more for the fans. TS7 will be more like 1989 in a different style

6 minutes ago, Littleswiftie said:

Tea tea tea, Witness, Head Above Water, Queen, Alessia Cara.. on the other hand, Gaga managed to make a GREAT comeback with a lead single of a movie which is #1 on iTunes for almost 4 months straight and a Golden Globegaga3 Reputation was a comeback era but not especially for the gp. It was more for the fans. TS7 will be more like 1989 in a different style

You forgot to add Melodrama. Green Lights was huge but nothing happend then.

17 minutes ago, DW said:

You forgot to add Melodrama. Green Lights was huge but nothing happend then.

I thought Melodrama had decent successtay5 I remember it got snubbed at the Grammy's but Kesha and Gaga got as welljj3 Tbh I almost forgot Lorde existedari7

2 hours ago, Littleswiftie said:

I thought Melodrama had decent successtay5 I remember it got snubbed at the Grammy's but Kesha and Gaga got as welljj3 Tbh I almost forgot Lorde existedari7

It's like rep huge success but era was a non event gaga1

2 hours ago, Littleswiftie said:

Reputation was an era of extremesjj2

sorry but i have to disagree here.

From August 2017 til May 2018 barely anything happened.

It did not feel like an era, it felt like phase of releasing an album and nothing else.

it doesn't help matters that there was some drama with the fandom due to the Ticketmaster Verified Fan controversy, the feeling of disappointment due to the lack of promo rollout and also Europe, Asia and Latin America being paid dust on the tour. 

10 hours ago, johnny1248 said:

sorry but i have to disagree here.

From August 2017 til May 2018 barely anything happened.

It did not feel like an era, it felt like phase of releasing an album and nothing else.

it doesn't help matters that there was some drama with the fandom due to the Ticketmaster Verified Fan controversy, the feeling of disappointment due to the lack of promo rollout and also Europe, Asia and Latin America being paid dust on the tour. 

God forbid something happens, at least the tour was a smashlana6

9 hours ago, Littleswiftie said:

God forbid something happens, at least the tour was a smashlana6

A tour doesn't necessarily make up for the lack of promo and opportunities.

Doesn't help matters that many couldn't afford (myself included) to attend especially for the fact that Europe, Asia and Latin America got paid dust

On 2/22/2019 at 9:25 AM, Littleswiftie said:

That's why TS7 will become her Thriller era if she promotesjj2 She has won the gp back with her tour and movie and now people will (hopefully) listen to a catchy, well thought-out and well appreciated lead in Julyjj2 She also moved to Republic Records. She will definitely have a lot more Spotify promo since artists like Ariana and Drake are under the same label and considering she's bigger than both in overall..

With rep she easily proved how big she is, she literally didnt to do anything and still dominated over everything. People bought a million copies of it after everyone swearing she was over and "shes been gone forever! She will flop!"  rav3 it was hilarious. The gp loves her, her tour made what 150 million more than 1989 w/ more expensive tix?, the broken records... Being on twitter 24/7 during rep era was exciting as hell. Its boring now waiting for these magazine covers and hoping for potato candids cry9

.I do want her to put in more work for TS7, girl you proved your point with rep you are powerful. Oh and GO TO CHINA THEY LOVE YOU! yas2

14 hours ago, IKnowPlaces said:

With rep she easily proved how big she is, she literally didnt to do anything and still dominated over everything. People bought a million copies of it after everyone swearing she was over and "shes been gone forever! She will flop!"  rav3 it was hilarious. The gp loves her, her tour made what 150 million more than 1989 w/ more expensive tix?, the broken records... Being on twitter 24/7 during rep era was exciting as hell. Its boring now waiting for these magazine covers and hoping for potato candids cry9

.I do want her to put in more work for TS7, girl you proved your point with rep you are powerful. Oh and GO TO CHINA THEY LOVE YOU! yas2

To clarify, the era did great commercially. There is no doubt about that.

But on the other hand, outside from the tour and 2 award show appearances, if you are gonna compare it to the Speak Now, Red and 1989 eras, reputation EASILY falls flat on its face in regards of promo rollout, interviews, award show appearances etc.

There was barely any of that and to make matters worse, barely anything happened from August 2017 til May 2018. 

42 minutes ago, johnny1248 said:

To clarify, the era did great commercially. There is no doubt about that.

But on the other hand, outside from the tour and 2 award show appearances, if you are gonna compare it to the Speak Now, Red and 1989 eras, reputation EASILY falls flat on its face in regards of promo rollout, interviews, award show appearances etc.

There was barely any of that and to make matters worse, barely anything happened from August 2017 til May 2018. 

Which was the whole point though, to stay low key and rebuild her image. People already thought she was a shady bitch after the kimye incident and whatever drama ensued with Ratvin Hydroxide. Even /r/popheads reddit was teetering on hatred everytime she was mentioned post Kimye/Ratvin now she is beloved ari7 outside of a couple users of course. They asked who has the best bridges and it was a page full of taylor swift bey7

I will personally compare TS7 to Speak Now, RED and 1989 because she has no excuses to keep it low key this time outside her of being lazy. Rep has shown nobody outside of raging internet losers who look for any excuse to drag her care about kimye drama. She now knows she can outsell easily no matter what (Assuming she doesn't murder or anything jj4) . 

1 minute ago, IKnowPlaces said:

Which was the whole point though, to stay low key and rebuild her image. People already thought she was a shady bitch after the kimye incident and whatever drama ensued with Ratvin Hydroxide. Even /r/popheads reddit was teetering on hatred everytime she was mentioned post Kimye/Ratvin now she is beloved outside of a couple users.

I will personally compare TS7 to Speak Now, RED and 1989 because she has no excuses to keep it low key this time outside her of being lazy. Rep has shown nobody outside of raging internet loseers who look for any excuse to drag her care about kimye drama. She now knows she can outsell easily no matter what (Assuming she doesn't murder or anything) . 

Yeah but the idea to release Look What You Made Me Do as a single was a terrible idea as everybody thought that Taylor was dragging Kimye and Katy (while i think it is a satirical song in it's meaning) and it didn't help matters that she embraced a darker image and made pop songs with trap/hip hop beats and people started to call her as ''pretentious'' and ''try hard''.

Can you blame them though?

Delicate would have been far more appropriate as the lead single as people would have appreciated the overall message and video and there backlash that happened with LWYMMD wouldn't have existed in the first place. And there is also something bizarre in seeing Taylor wear edgy outfits and swear for the first time in a song.  It didn't feel like Taylor Swift to me.

1 minute ago, johnny1248 said:

Yeah but the idea to release Look What You Made Me Do as a single was a terrible idea as everybody thought that Taylor was dragging Kimye and Katy (while i think it is a satirical song in it's meaning) and it didn't help matters that she embraced a darker image and made pop songs with trap/hip hop beats and people started to call her as ''pretentious'' and ''try hard''.

Delicate would have been far more appropriate as the lead single as people would have appreciated the overall message and video and there backlash that happened with LWYMMD wouldn't have existed in the first place. And there is also something bizarre in seeing Taylor wear edgy outfits and swear for the first time in a song.  It didn't feel like Taylor Swift to me.

I guess we'll just have to disagree, she gets hate for doing anything anyway so it probably wouldn't matter if she produced a perfect roll-out it still wouldn't be good enough for the media or antis on twitter (For the record, Katy faces the same crap, she actually got dragged over her breathing tips for anxiety lana3).

Rep was for me just fine i haven't enjoyed myself that much since the PRISM v ARTPOP wars, i want balls out for TS7 as stated before no excuses.

5 hours ago, IKnowPlaces said:

Well indeed. She served her purpose with the rep era and i don't see any reason why she and her new label have to look for excuses to not do a proper promo rollout with the TS7 era. It is about time that the good old days from her past eras come back to life because we've been missing that from Taylor Swift.

7 hours ago, johnny1248 said:

I honestly think people would see Taylor as a weak puppy if Delicate was the leadari9

35 minutes ago, Littleswiftie said:

I honestly think people would see Taylor as a weak puppy if Delicate was the leadari9

Delicate is cry1 . Both IDSB and LWYMMD are tay6 

Maybe Getaway Car? kesha7

Honestly everything but IDSB, LWYMMD, RFI, End Game and TIWWCHNT are pretty "soft"...  

Hah! imagine Gorgeous or CIWYW as the lead single dropped immediately after snake teases. rip2

27 minutes ago, Littleswiftie said:

Wouldn't say that tbh.

Fans and critics would have understood the meaning behind the song and music video far easier than Look What You Made Me Do which they assumed that it is supposedly a diss track towards Kim, Kanye and Katy Perry. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.