Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

El Goot

So will Ariana lead the new pop girls as Gaga did 10 years ago?

Let's face it. The new wave of pop girls is coming, and as 10 years ago there will be some that will stay and some that will not stay along for much time.

I think Ariana, Dua, Selena and Miley will consolidate as the household names of this wave as Katy, Gaga and Rih did 10 years ago.

Demi will be the Xtina: good voice but poor choices.

And the newer pop girls will have to win their places (Ava, Billie, etc.)

What do you think?

I hope not. I love how she's massive right now, but I'd rather have her take it slow than fade quicker than her rise like Gaga (no shade, but let's be real).

I also don't think neither Selena or Miley is a current household name. Rihanna is still bigger than the two and her new era will definitely proof that. As for Dua, I have no idea, I have a feeling she will fade quick too but you never know. 

I just wish people would stop comparing 00's artists to 10's artists, etc. We won't have another 2009 nor will we have another 2011, 2013 or 2016. 

Gaga didn’t lead. She had musically success for like 2-3 years. If all Rihanna lead considering she is the biggest artist now from that pop generation. 

And I hope Ariana will have success like Rihanna, not fad.

To me Ariana is more like Rihanna in terms of success. She slowly grows, her next album probably won't be anywhere near as big however it will still be pretty successful. Gaga was more of a cultural event for a couple of years before fading pretty fast. 

I think artists who have their peak after they've established themselves have a greater chance of longevity than those who just pop up. 

2 hours ago, Simón. said:

Gaga didn’t lead. She had musically success for like 2-3 years. If all Rihanna lead considering she is the biggest artist now from that pop generation. 

And I hope Ariana will have success like Rihanna, not fad.

Ariana has had 4+ successful albums in  a row, definitely not a fad

8 minutes ago, Simón. said:

I said I hope she won’t be a fad like Gaga 

I'd be more worried for Cardi's future rather than Ariana's.

Ariana is now an established artist, her first album came out almost 6 years ago, while her major breakthrough was 5 years ago. I think this proves that she doesn't need to worry about being a fad.

5 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I'd be more worried for Cardi's future rather than Ariana's.

Ariana is now an established artist, her first album came out almost 6 years ago, while her major breakthrough was 5 years ago. I think this proves that she doesn't need to worry about being a fad.

Jesus, hop off my dick. I never said she will fad. I said I hope she won’t cause I like her and hope she has a successful career. Everyone can fad and Ariana doesn’t deserve it.  

3 hours ago, Simón. said:

Jesus, hop off my dick. I never said she will fad. I said I hope she won’t cause I like her and hope she has a successful career. Everyone can fad and Ariana doesn’t deserve it.  

I think you're reading me wrong, i'm not saying you're calling her a fad. I'm just saying she's at the point now where she's made her mark and not really a fad. To me a fad is an artist who's only really popular for 1 or 2 albums. Ariana has had 4 big albums (so far), with 1 moderate album.

1 hour ago, Agugaga said:

Ariana is not like a Gaga. She’s more like a Justin Bieber but on a much smaller scale.

Gaga and X have something in common...

Big debut (ChistinaAguilera/TheFame)

Bigger follow up (Stripped/TheFameMonster)

Low key forgotten (And underrated) third album (Back2Basics/BornThisWay)

Flop experimental fourth album (Bionic/Artpop)

Boring fifth album (Lotus/Joannae)

wendy2

10 hours ago, Agugaga said:

Ariana is not like a Gaga. She’s more like a Justin Bieber but on a much smaller scale.

I agree, she has a specific audience that grows with her, and she also has a image that draws in young children and teens. She’s aware of this, that’s why even her most “personal” songs are immature and teenybopper hits. 

8 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

think you're reading me wrong, i'm not saying you're calling her a fad. I'm just saying she's at the point now where she's made her mark and not really a fad. To me a fad is an artist who's only really popular for 1 or 2 albums. Ariana has had 4 big albums (so far), with 1 moderate album.

Everyone can fade, also Ariana. All of Gagas first albums were bigger then Ariana’s and gags faded 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.