Jump to content

So will Ariana lead the new pop girls as Gaga did 10 years ago?

Recommended Posts

Let's face it. The new wave of pop girls is coming, and as 10 years ago there will be some that will stay and some that will not stay along for much time.

I think Ariana, Dua, Selena and Miley will consolidate as the household names of this wave as Katy, Gaga and Rih did 10 years ago.

Demi will be the Xtina: good voice but poor choices.

And the newer pop girls will have to win their places (Ava, Billie, etc.)

What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luca 41,077

I hope not. I love how she's massive right now, but I'd rather have her take it slow than fade quicker than her rise like Gaga (no shade, but let's be real).

I also don't think neither Selena or Miley is a current household name. Rihanna is still bigger than the two and her new era will definitely proof that. As for Dua, I have no idea, I have a feeling she will fade quick too but you never know. 

I just wish people would stop comparing 00's artists to 10's artists, etc. We won't have another 2009 nor will we have another 2011, 2013 or 2016. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Simón. 24,201

Gaga didn’t lead. She had musically success for like 2-3 years. If all Rihanna lead considering she is the biggest artist now from that pop generation. 

And I hope Ariana will have success like Rihanna, not fad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ariana doesn't dominate like Gaga or Katy did in 2010 or even like Taylor did in 2014/2015, but we'll see what Thank U, Next bringsjj2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me Ariana is more like Rihanna in terms of success. She slowly grows, her next album probably won't be anywhere near as big however it will still be pretty successful. Gaga was more of a cultural event for a couple of years before fading pretty fast. 

 

I think artists who have their peak after they've established themselves have a greater chance of longevity than those who just pop up. 

2 hours ago, Simón. said:

Gaga didn’t lead. She had musically success for like 2-3 years. If all Rihanna lead considering she is the biggest artist now from that pop generation. 

And I hope Ariana will have success like Rihanna, not fad.

Ariana has had 4+ successful albums in  a row, definitely not a fad

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Simón. 24,201
54 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

riana has had 4+ successful albums in  a row, definitely not a fad

 

I said I hope she won’t be a fad like Gaga 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Simón. said:

I said I hope she won’t be a fad like Gaga 

I'd be more worried for Cardi's future rather than Ariana's.

 

Ariana is now an established artist, her first album came out almost 6 years ago, while her major breakthrough was 5 years ago. I think this proves that she doesn't need to worry about being a fad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Simón. 24,201
5 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I'd be more worried for Cardi's future rather than Ariana's.

 

Ariana is now an established artist, her first album came out almost 6 years ago, while her major breakthrough was 5 years ago. I think this proves that she doesn't need to worry about being a fad.

Jesus, hop off my dick. I never said she will fad. I said I hope she won’t cause I like her and hope she has a successful career. Everyone can fad and Ariana doesn’t deserve it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agugaga 1,583

Ariana is not like a Gaga. She’s more like a Justin Bieber but on a much smaller scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Simón. said:

Jesus, hop off my dick. I never said she will fad. I said I hope she won’t cause I like her and hope she has a successful career. Everyone can fad and Ariana doesn’t deserve it.  

I think you're reading me wrong, i'm not saying you're calling her a fad. I'm just saying she's at the point now where she's made her mark and not really a fad. To me a fad is an artist who's only really popular for 1 or 2 albums. Ariana has had 4 big albums (so far), with 1 moderate album.

 

1 hour ago, Agugaga said:

Ariana is not like a Gaga. She’s more like a Justin Bieber but on a much smaller scale.

Gaga and X have something in common...

 

Big debut (ChistinaAguilera/TheFame)

Bigger follow up (Stripped/TheFameMonster)

Low key forgotten (And underrated) third album (Back2Basics/BornThisWay)

Flop experimental fourth album (Bionic/Artpop)

Boring fifth album (Lotus/Joannae)

 

 

 

 

 

 

wendy2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merryem 7,112

ariana is not a new pop girl dead2 she's been on the scene for like 6 years now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think lady gaga is not fad she is still very famous she is in the movie everyone talks of today 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Agugaga said:

Ariana is not like a Gaga. She’s more like a Justin Bieber but on a much smaller scale.

I think that to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Agugaga said:

Ariana is not like a Gaga. She’s more like a Justin Bieber but on a much smaller scale.

I agree, she has a specific audience that grows with her, and she also has a image that draws in young children and teens. She’s aware of this, that’s why even her most “personal” songs are immature and teenybopper hits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Simón. 24,201
8 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

think you're reading me wrong, i'm not saying you're calling her a fad. I'm just saying she's at the point now where she's made her mark and not really a fad. To me a fad is an artist who's only really popular for 1 or 2 albums. Ariana has had 4 big albums (so far), with 1 moderate album.

Everyone can fade, also Ariana. All of Gagas first albums were bigger then Ariana’s and gags faded 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Agugaga said:

Ariana is not like a Gaga. She’s more like a Justin Bieber but on a much smaller scale.

Smaller? Her 1 million debuts say otherwiseari4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×