Ariana is being accused of cultural appropriation by Twitter stans, clocks fans one by one!

1 hour ago, Nihilego said:

sigh

You know behind those SJWs there are actual Japanese-American people there who have gotten increasingly annoyed and I understand them. Like sure, we know Ari is a weeb by now and she can get all the Pokémon or anime tattoos that she wants, that’s fine. But then she’s going on Fallon teaching wrong Japanese, getting and publicizing her kanji tattoos before she even knew the correct grammar, and putting japanese in her pink trap house video to make it feel more exotic and punk. I asked my Japanese-American and he literally said she deserved her tattoo fuckup for acting like she’s a spokesperson of the language and using it as an aesthetic. He was a fan of hers like not too long ago.

So yes, SJWs are annoying and overdo it, but they actually do stem from real and genuine feelings of minorities in the US.

still a stan tho bc i genuinely don’t think she meant any harm but i wish she’d stop

I get what you’re saying, but it’s still always the INTENT that matters. Didn’t she say she even researched the kanji before getting it and that it was accurate but a variant of the main language or such? Her INTENT was to be accurate. She’s not Japanese, so there was a hiccup in the end despite her research and INTENT. I guarantee you there’s a Japanese person with ‘corn dog’ tattooed on them when they thought it was something else. mad5 

Shes not trying to be a “spokesperson” for the language. She just loves their culture and wants to express it. They do the same for America. There are bigger issues in the world and if people used their energy from outrage over someone getting the wrong ink on their skin towards something useful, like volunteerism, the world would be better. But no, SJWs love to play off their “wokeness” as bullying. SJWs RARELY do things that matter in life, like actually helping the needy or poor. They gotta keep up the “I’m smarter and more woke than you” facade to hide behind their actual bullying. mad5 

Man, people get worked up over the dumbest things. Can anyone just enjoy life anymore?

1 hour ago, Umbreon said:

I get what you’re saying, but it’s still always the INTENT that matters. Didn’t she say she even researched the kanji before getting it and that it was accurate but a variant of the main language or such? Her INTENT was to be accurate. She’s not Japanese, so there was a hiccup in the end despite her research and INTENT. I guarantee you there’s a Japanese person with ‘corn dog’ tattooed on them when they thought it was something else. mad5 

Shes not trying to be a “spokesperson” for the language. She just loves their culture and wants to express it. They do the same for America. There are bigger issues in the world and if people used their energy from outrage over someone getting the wrong ink on their skin towards something useful, like volunteerism, the world would be better. But no, SJWs love to play off their “wokeness” as bullying. SJWs RARELY do things that matter in life, like actually helping the needy or poor. They gotta keep up the “I’m smarter and more woke than you” facade to hide behind their actual bullying. mad5 

Man, people get worked up over the dumbest things. Can anyone just enjoy life anymore?

i disagree that intent is all that matters. not when you’re a public figure making money off of your image and content. but i agree she meant no wrong, and that’s why i can forgive her. and i’d wish she would stop. 

but she is a public figure and she needs to be more conscious of this stuff regardless of her intent (which is hard to do, and people slip, and that’s okay). people like ari (and you i presume?) don’t grow up as a minority in a country where you’re pressured to assimilate to white people, when white people can get away with acting japanese-y to look cutesier or more exotic or edgy. which is why Japanese natives get excited seeing it because they’re less aware, but Japanese-Americans may find it really annoying.

these feelings really do exist and i don’t think you should overlook them just because you, as an unaffected individual, think “there are bigger issues in the world” or because some twitter SJWs are being overly aggressive and annoying about it. i’m not trying to bully you or cancel you or whatever, just here to express my thoughts as a minority individual in the US who has felt the same feelings before. it is genuinely annoying.