Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Venus XCX

Demi Lovato deletes Twitter after backlash

So far 21 savage memes have been my favorite part of the Super Bowl. đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™€ïž

— Demi Lovato (@ddlovato) February 4, 2019

If you’re gonna come at me for making a joke, try coming at me with something original not involving drugs

Fuck Twitter. This is why I don’t tweet anymore.

Actually many people did. While I was in the hospital. And the jokes are continuing as we speak. I’m not laughing that someone got deported. I used an example of a meme I laughed at that had nothing to do with anyone getting deported.

LZomigO.png 

I guess I'm being a broken record at this point, but the appeal of twitter totally escapes me. Every time I see it referenced on here, it's in a negative light. I'm not saying being on it makes you a bad person or anything, as there are people on here who use it whose opinions I value, but how anyone could use this for more than a few minutes without becoming miserable and falling into the rabbit hole of cruelty, misinformation or snark if you're lucky is beyond me.

5 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I guess I'm being a broken record at this point, but the appeal of twitter totally escapes me. Every time I see it referenced on here, it's in a negative light. I'm not saying being on it makes you a bad person or anything, as there are people on here who use it whose opinions I value, but how anyone could use this for more than a few minutes without becoming miserable and falling into the rabbit hole of cruelty, misinformation or snark if you're lucky is beyond me.

Twitter is a great platform if you have a small account. It's very funny and homorous and you can just tweet whatever you feel like. As a non-celeb, you'll only have a problem with it if you're tweeting racist or problematic shit that blows up and gets you cancelled. But if you're a good person, it's really fun demi1 The only social media site I use. 

The other group of people that have a problem is celebrities. And in most cases, it's because they were never taught how to use it well. You'd think their teams would be like "here's Social Media 101 training; it's very important" but... no. Only like... Rihanna uses it well. If you can't clapback, then don't try it because you'll end up getting dragged. The problem with these younger girls is they tweet something slightly dumb, a few people (usually stans of other artists) come for them, and then instead of ignoring the criticism they respond and make themselves look even more dumb - and then play the victim when it blows up in their face. No one would have cared if you sat there and ate your food, but you made it worse and acknowledged it. Here's what a celebrity should do

• Delete everything the minute you get famous and start over, in case you had any problematic posts in the past
  • Let your team handle EVERYTHING on your social media. Don't let them reply to criticism. Just have them post promotional posts about their music and that's it
  • Create a secret stan account or something so you can be anonymous and still use Twitter. That way you can defend yourself without it blowing up or anyone caring. 

As for Demi, I love her but girl, you should have deleted your Twitter LONG AGO dead7 (and the problem is she'll activate it again in like 24 hours). Just let your team handle it, and you create a "welovedemixoxoxo" account or something and tweet personal stuff with fake names for your friends on there whilst also praising yourself. it's not that hard. 

2 hours ago, Emperor Nick said:

What happened? 

I'm guessing she commented on 21 savage (whoever or whatever that was.) people dragged ha. Seriously, she needs to delete twitter from her life, it's way too toxic and it doesn't help that she has a lot of opinions with whichever topic. 

My suggestion: She should publish a blog or a vlog so she can rant whatever it is that's eating away inside ha mind and turn off the comments so she won't have to read nasty comments

3 minutes ago, BlancMac said:

I'm guessing she commented on Morron Few's horrendous performance and people dragged ha. Seriously, she needs to delete twitter from her life, it's way too toxic and it doesn't help that she has a lot of opinions with whichever topic. 

My suggestion: She should publish a blog or a vlog so she can rant whatever it is that's eating away inside ha mind and turn off the comments so she won't have to read nasty comments

1 hour ago, Emperor Nick said:

What happened? 

This is about 21 Savage. There was news about him getting deported because he's actually British and overstayed his VISA as a Teen or something. There's been memes on Twitter about him actually being British. Her tweets made it seem that she was laughing at him being deported (which she then clarified was actually about the british memes). People jumped on her. And then she made it worse for herself by responding to the trolls attacking her and made it a bigger mess when it picked up traction and other celebrities started attacking her. So then she deleted her Twitter (again). 

Just now, RihannaRTT said:

This is about 21 Savage. There was news about him getting deported because he's actually British and overstayed his VISA as a Teen or something. There's been memes on Twitter about him actually being British. Her tweets made it seem that she was laughing at him being deported (which she then clarified was actually about the british memes). People jumped on her. And then she made it worse for herself by responding to the trolls attacking her and made it a bigger mess when it picked up traction and other celebrities started attacking her. So then she deleted her Twitter (again). 

Corrected my mistake already! Thanks for the heads up, sis. mad1

6 hours ago, RihannaRTT said:

Twitter is a great platform if you have a small account. It's very funny and homorous and you can just tweet whatever you feel like. As a non-celeb, you'll only have a problem with it if you're tweeting racist or problematic shit that blows up and gets you cancelled. But if you're a good person, it's really fun demi1 The only social media site I use. 

The other group of people that have a problem is celebrities. And in most cases, it's because they were never taught how to use it well. You'd think their teams would be like "here's Social Media 101 training; it's very important" but... no. Only like... Rihanna uses it well. If you can't clapback, then don't try it because you'll end up getting dragged. The problem with these younger girls is they tweet something slightly dumb, a few people (usually stans of other artists) come for them, and then instead of ignoring the criticism they respond and make themselves look even more dumb - and then play the victim when it blows up in their face. No one would have cared if you sat there and ate your food, but you made it worse and acknowledged it. Here's what a celebrity should do

• Delete everything the minute you get famous and start over, in case you had any problematic posts in the past
  • Let your team handle EVERYTHING on your social media. Don't let them reply to criticism. Just have them post promotional posts about their music and that's it
  • Create a secret stan account or something so you can be anonymous and still use Twitter. That way you can defend yourself without it blowing up or anyone caring. 

As for Demi, I love her but girl, you should have deleted your Twitter LONG AGO dead7 (and the problem is she'll activate it again in like 24 hours). Just let your team handle it, and you create a "welovedemixoxoxo" account or something and tweet personal stuff with fake names for your friends on there whilst also praising yourself. it's not that hard. 

Don't act like people getting exposed for being racist or bullied by stan/black twitter isn't entertaining. Cancel culture is hilarious. There's a primal part of everyone that lives for the drama. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.