Sign in to follow this  

Scientific Study: "Madonna's desperate attempts for attention have damaged her legacy"

The 58 year-old is now seen as an “inauthentic” media manipulator, whose latest on-stage antics are deemed “desperate” and “embarrassing”, a survey seen by The Independent has found

Millennials are highly distrustful of Madonna, who is 17-times less influential than Taylor Swift and 15-times less influential than Adele, according to the poll of young Americans. Three in five people viewed an incident during a Brisbane show when she pulled down the top of a 17-year-old fan exposing her breast, as little more than a “desperate publicity stunt”.  Her continued efforts to remain sexually appealing were described as “desperate” and “inauthentic”. Three in five said her image was “embarrassing”.

Madonna’s damaged brand has also negatively impacted the perception of the younger collaborators on her Rebel Heart album. Diplo, Avicii and Nicki Minaj were rated less culturally relevant amongst millennials who are aware of their collaborations with Madonna.  

Older generations who once admired her brand are losing faith too. Professor Sehdev, who advises brands on corporate endorsements using a research-based approach to quantify celebrity influence, also found a 23 per cent decline in generation X-ers who once agreed that Madonna was an “iconic cultural force”.

Professor Sehdev said: “Madonna’s desperate attempts for attention have damaged her legacy.”

Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/madonna-has-now-become-toxic-figure-for-millennials-academics-say-a6952711.html

Thoughts? nat2 

On 2/5/2019 at 8:18 PM, MissCrawford said:

They need to study your desperation and obsession instead brit13

brit13

I’m screaming. I knew this was true tho! Only the dying generarion see her as a legend. The younger generation see her as a desperate old granny with a saggy fanny

Everything mentioned at the "article" is something that Madonna was doing since 1983. They just prove that they're the ones with the problem and not her, and their problem is her age.

nat1

On the other hand, we have the young stans. They're hating on her because they stan Taylor or Adele (for example), and they will do/say anything to make their fave look better. Isn't Madonna's fault if stanbases in 2019 don't stan music but are thirsty only for stan wars. Many artists are older than her but they don't drag them.

Mentioning the Rebel Heart collabs isn't a strong argument too. They want to make her look bad.

nat1lol3

6 minutes ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

I’m screaming. I knew this was true tho! Only the dying generarion see her as a legend. The younger generation see her as a desperate old granny with a saggy fanny

Here's an example of a 2019 stan I mentioned above. I bring the receipts too. nat1

I just entered the link. They compared her to PewDiePie. BYE. nicki5 They're trying so haaard to make her look bad, and they will do anything about it, I- dead2

Just now, Régine Filange said:

I just entered the link. They compared her to PewDiePie. BYE. nicki5 They're trying so haaard to make her look bad, and they will do anything about it, I- dead2

PewDiePie is way more relevant than her. His channel has more views than hers x50

3 minutes ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

PewDiePie is way more relevant than her. His channel has more views than hers x50

Sure sweetie, PewDiePie outimpacted Madonna, MJ, Prince, Queen, Coldplay, Rihanna, Adele, and Beyonce at the same time, since he has more views than all of them together.

bey8

6 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

Sure sweetie, PewDiePie outimpacted Madonna, MJ, Prince, Queen, Coldplay, Rihanna, Adele, and Beyonce at the same time, since he has more views than all of them together.

bey8

Not really. Young people respect/admire the likes of MJ & Prince bcos they never ruined their legacy like desperate hag Madonna has

I mean, the independent is trash but in a way I do agree (not to the degree they are painting at all) 

Madonna always had an air of mystery around her... She was an enigma. Between 1993-2001 she didn't tour and evolved herself so much I couldn't help but wonder if she would benefit from that again? 

The fact she posts so much on Instagram and we see all her moves just ruins the illusion of legacy

This is a TWO YEAR OLD article..... Girl, do you smell that? It's called obsession lol3

Yeah her brand is a lil damaged but as always, she’s survived. If anything, I think she’s on the other side of the hate bandwagon now—at least in that it felt like no one defended her a few years ago during RH and now I see articles sticking up for her regularly, and they always drag the type of stuff in the op’s article that seems to be intent on dragging her. 

I almost feel like her last two album cycles she had a chip on her shoulder, but she seems much more carefree and unbothered now, which is as it should be. 

2 hours ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

Not really. Young people respect/admire the likes of MJ & Prince bcos they never ruined their legacy like desperate hag Madonna has

everyone loves you when you're dead

3 hours ago, Lord Stoneheart said:

everyone loves you when you're dead

Yea but we can say Prince was well respected and loved before he died, MJ more or less but the pedo scandal ruined his image for most

Sign in to follow this  

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.