Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

AriREMember

Remember by Ariana Grande, will she ever be ready to release it? And ghostin, in my opinion one of her best that I’m so glad she shared.

So we all know Ari scrappes a good bit of songs from every album and one I’m increasingly curious about right now is remember. The song is said to be too personal, even more so than ghostin. On an account I follow on Instagram claiming to have close ties to Ari you can find a 3 second vocal and instrumental snippet along with a few lyrics farther up the page (ag5leaks is the account). So the question is do you think we are ever going to get this song? Maybe years from now when she is more recovered from the loss of Mac Miller? And also on the subject of ghostin... A few days ago thanks to the same account above at about 4:01 you can hear what appears to be a faint clip of Ariana and I presume Mac laughing. I also want to say that I think this is a beautifully written song about heartbreak and realizing too late what is lost. I love the lyrics and the many possible references to Mac Miller songs. For instance one might say the instrumental sounds like 2009 slowed down or Self Care. The lyrics “When you’re sleeping next to me” could reference how Ariana revealed in the Thank u, next music video that she keeps a picture of Mac next to her bed. This whole first verse addressed the struggle of a relationship with Pete and leaving that while dealing with the loss of Malcolm. In the prechrous the focus goes directly to Pete and how he handled Ariana’s troubles and it’s an apology for the hate the fans had towards him. The same goes for the chorus where it is infered she’s saying it hurts Pete when she cries over Mac. In her post chorus the baggage would include the Manchester bombing that killed 22 fans, Mac’s death and the breaking off of her and Pete’s engagement. Verse 2 is similar to R.E.M off her 4th studio album Sweetener in the sense she talks about dreaming and meeting the boy of her dreams. This is believed to be a homage to Mac Miller and a possible reference to his song Cinderella where it is infered he’s talking about dreaming about Ariana. This is all I know between the two songs, feel free to add to this.

Of course, I would love to hear it. I'm pretty sure it sounds great, but I think it's too early for her to share yet, maybe in the next 2-3 albums.

'ghostin' is Ariana's most personal song to date, and it is already full of feelings and emotion. I can't even imagine how sadder 'remember' could get.

I don’t think she’ll release it.

3 hours ago, Ace. said:

Of course, I would love to hear it. I'm pretty sure it sounds great, but I think it's too early for her to share yet, maybe in the next 2-3 albums.

'ghostin' is Ariana's most personal song to date, and it is already full of feelings and emotion. I can't even imagine how sadder 'remember' could get.

On 2/19/2019 at 2:17 AM, Ace. said:

I think it will be a long time but I keep hearing it'll be a possibility.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.