Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

fab

Kety Perry attempts to use Karl Lagerfeld's death to promote her shoeline

More like “Katy mourns Karl by paying tribute in her weekly shoe promo post.”

It’s tacky but 100% typical celeb behavior and far less than many other faves have done with far more exposure (and increased cringe factor) than Katy’s no1curr tweet. 

Remember when Gaga used her dead aunt (that she never met) to overhaul her overexposed old image and get a sympathy Grammy?

Or when she jumped on every opportunity to do a tribute for whatever dead person there is?

Or when she would try to profit from Princess Diana's death by mentioning and glorifying it in two of her songs?

When you have a team of people managing your social networks (like almost every recent popstar), you have to deal with this situations.

They have a grid of posts programmed for every single day of the month, so if something like Karl's death happens, you have to turn the post of the day into something that mentions him. Sounds cold, but that's how digital marketing works.

(I have to deal with a lot of this stuff on my job, so I understand it... Katy's not the one to blame here).

On 2/19/2019 at 4:44 PM, Venom said:

Omg does anyone remember when Lina Morgana died and then suddenly Gaga debuts the Morgana Devacelli alter ego the following year for TFM

Related image

tenor.gif?itemid=5666631

Not this mind numbingly stupid reach again. Reappears like a rash every few years. laughcry1

On 2/20/2019 at 5:33 AM, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

What i love about Karl Lagerfeld is that he hated Beyonce and loved Rihanna. He had TASTE. 

The egotistical fat pig didn't even say RIP or put anything on her insta either. I hope Jay Z cheats on her again for this. 

Karl is trash hun, and now he’s dead. Who gives a fuck. 

1 hour ago, Alvarø said:

When you have a team of people managing your social networks (like almost every recent popstar), you have to deal with this situations.

They have a grid of posts programmed for every single day of the month, so if something like Karl's death happens, you have to turn the post of the day into something that mentions him. Sounds cold, but that's how digital marketing works.

(I have to deal with a lot of this stuff on my job, so I understand it... Katy's not the one to blame here).

This is true.

She’s really not to blame here. Sure it reflects on her since it’s her brand and it’s kinda tacky but she’s not sitting there typing this shit up. dead4

12 minutes ago, harry said:

Not this mind numbingly stupid reach again. Reappears like a rash every few years. laughcry1

How's it a reach when Gaga made several songs with/for her, made a music video referencing suicide and being thrown off a balcony a few months after Lina allegedly killed herself by jumping off a building, named a dark-haired alter ego after her, etc? creep1 Sis used someone's death to her advantage

3 minutes ago, Venom said:

How's it a reach when Gaga made several songs with/for her, made a music video referencing suicide and being thrown off a balcony a few months after Lina allegedly killed herself by jumping off a building, named a dark-haired alter ego after her, etc? creep1 Sis used someone's death to her advantage

She wasn’t known by anyone....... what advantage do you speak of? Did Gaga get the idea to have black hair from her or something? I mean... 🤪

On 2/20/2019 at 2:26 AM, fab said:

at least she didn't use him to promote Artpop lol3 

3007B74200000578-3394210-image-a-3_14525 

I still don't know how you think she promoted her album with these posts back then. sass1 She literally posted some people that she considers rebels and revolutionaries. She didn't say "David was a rebel, buy Rebel Heart here." sass1

On 2/20/2019 at 4:41 AM, Madonna said:

Remember when Gaga used her dead aunt (that she never met) to overhaul her overexposed old image and get a sympathy Grammy?

Or when she jumped on every opportunity to do a tribute for whatever dead person there is?

Or when she would try to profit from Princess Diana's death by mentioning and glorifying it in two of her songs?

Princess Die and DITD?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.