Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

Ariana Grande chart manipulation?

The predictions were saying every single in the top 40 and TUN at #6.

Then the billboard results get conveniently delayed, and amazingly TUN somehow surges to #3? 

Needy and NASA we’re predicted to have the most play, and then randomly Imagine reenters at top 20? 

Smells messy to me, inb4 Ariana stans run in here bragging about top 3 placements when the same thing could easily be done if Adele or Rihanna spam singles their upcoming eras. 

She's the trump of the music biz currently 

I woke up one morning and unlocked my phone to see a notification that Thank u, next album is available

Even though i never searched for her on my phone and dont have spotify rip4 She is such a pathetic payola queen

4 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

She's the trump of the music biz currently 

I woke up one morning and unlocked my phone to see a notification that Thank u, next album is available

Even though i never searched for her on my phone and dont have spotify rip4 She is such a pathetic payola queen

This brit5

Then her team and Her keep pushing this “music is her outlet, she should be able to release like a rapper” hunny just say you’re milking everything around you for all it’s worth. 

Literally already working on her 6th album, gonna  be 3 albums in 12 months rip4

The only shady thing she's done this era is be a dick to that Kris Wu guy back in November for charting well and then having Scooter contact Billboard to invalidate his sales cause his fans used VPN to buy his album; I think that was unfair and uncalled for and nobody would be saying a word if people used VPN to buy Ariana's record etc

But otherwise she's just been playing fairly, doing her business, etc ari5

Hope y’all are having fun in this lil crackhead conspiracy echo chamber y’all got goin on! Meanwhile my fave made music history today and truly won! Just keep seethin’ and seethin’ and seethin’ and seethin', it only makes her more powerful! ari4

30 minutes ago, DespunkThoseFawkingBawls said:

This brit5

Then her team and Her keep pushing this “music is her outlet, she should be able to release like a rapper” hunny just say you’re milking everything around you for all it’s worth. 

Literally already working on her 6th album, gonna  be 3 albums in 12 months rip4

The most iconic thing about her career currently is that damn "Thank u next" quote  that's infected the brains of every girl aged 0 -20 rip4 If i catch my little niece saying that im gonna slap her! sass5

4 minutes ago, Law said:

Hope y’all are having fun in this lil crackhead conspiracy echo chamber y’all got goin on! Meanwhile my fave made music history today and truly won! Just keep seethin’ and seethin’ and seethin’, it only makes her more powerful! ari4

goodforhermariah.gif

1 hour ago, DespunkThoseFawkingBawls said:

The predictions were saying every single in the top 40 and TUN at #6.

Then the billboard results get conveniently delayed, and amazingly TUN somehow surges to #3? 

Needy and NASA we’re predicted to have the most play, and then randomly Imagine reenters at top 20? 

Smells messy to me, inb4 Ariana stans run in here bragging about top 3 placements when the same thing could easily be done if Adele or Rihanna spam singles their upcoming eras. 

Don't call everything you don't understand as an act of "manipulation", it's what you call audience's DEMAND. And currently, it's Ariana's music they are consuming. oprah11

The Billboard Hot 100 chart has it's own formula, and it changes every time, and it's COMPLICATED. It ranges from different criterias like: streaming services, YouTube views, plus pure sales. Another complication is the variation of music stores and streaming platforms, there's iTunes, Google Play Music, Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, Amazon, Deezer, etc. And then there's another complication of difference between free streams and paid streams (most probably from premium accounts)

Clearly every platforms has its different demography, and every demography has different taste. Ariana just put out an entire album, and of course different demography will have their own different demands that will top their specific charts.

About the earlier predictions, I advise you to not assume it's accuracy to be 100% real. It's called a PREDICTION for a reason. No one knows the exact Hot 100 formula, and it changes every time, and as time goes by, his formula's percentage of inaccuracy will be only going up.

Or maybe you can go the delusional stans' way and accuse Ariana and Scooter of paying Billboard. jj2

1 hour ago, Ace. said:

Don't call everything you don't understand as an act of "manipulation", it's what you call audience's DEMAND. And currently, it's Ariana's music they are consuming. oprah11

The Billboard Hot 100 chart has it's own formula, and it changes every time, and it's COMPLICATED. It ranges from different criterias like: streaming services, YouTube views, plus pure sales. Another complication is the variation of music stores and streaming platforms, there's iTunes, Google Play Music, Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, Amazon, Deezer, etc. And then there's another complication of difference between free streams and paid streams (most probably from premium accounts)

Clearly every platforms has its different demography, and every demography has different taste. Ariana just put out an entire album, and of course different demography will have their own different demands that will top their specific charts.

About the earlier predictions, I advise you to not assume it's accuracy to be 100% real. It's called a PREDICTION for a reason. No one knows the exact Hot 100 formula, and it changes every time, and as time goes by, his formula's percentage of inaccuracy will be only going up.

Or maybe you can go the delusional stans' way and accuse Ariana and Scooter of paying Billboard. jj2

According to Spotify the biggest streaming platform, and most mentioned. One 30 second play of a song counts as a stream.

Scooter, Ariana’s manager, also has stocks in Spotify as do most major record labels. It would be insanely easy to get bots to play 30 seconds of a song, then order some physical copies to chart high. Not to mention radio payola which is real.

It's not chart manipulation whatsoever. The predictions are done by someone who doesn't have FULL data. He just has what's public. And Billboard values free streams and paid streams differently. Simon, while a great predictor overall and someone who should be appreciated by stans more than he is, does not have access to that distinction; all he has is the total number and he uses a generic guessing formula which is often correct but does have exceptions. It's maybe surprising but it shows that Ariana's premium fanbase is higher than the average streaming artist. That's the reason for the difference. 

However, it should also be noted that the records where its like "first in history" aren't untrue, but realistically that history only exists for like... 3 years since streaming became a big thing. It's why it's ok for stans to say "pure sales don't matter" because we're in the streaming era, but it should also be acknowledged that the streaming era excuse works both ways. The Streaming Era gives hit songs MUCH more longevity than before; previously your sale would only count on one week, whereas now your streams count every week you listen to it (and are therefore also boosted on album release weeks). Not to say it's not impressive, but that's something that should be acknowledged when we talk about current artists having singles with higher longevity (such as TU:N going up to 3 and having like 15+ weeks in the top 10?). It's a different era and comparisons to the physical or digital eras aren't really fair. 

So yeah not chart manipulation, just a change in the times that shouldn't be compared to previous eras. Ariana is currently the biggest female streaming artist, and the only likely foreseeable competition for that in future is Rihanna, let's be honest. 

54 minutes ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

Absolutely my good sis! She definitely used all her Nickelodeon money to buy those positions. 

She's peaking anyway and her album sales are terrible, so let the bitch have it! 

tumblr_ncskpemdSt1rjeefio1_250.gif

y'all honestly should get a job or sumn

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.