Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Miss Show Business

Nick S*ndm*nn Suing The Washington Post for Defamation

From the Guardian

A high school student from Covington, Kentucky, has sued the Washington Postfor defamation, claiming the newspaper falsely accused him of racist acts and instigating a confrontation with a Native American activist in a January videotaped incident at the Lincoln Memorial.

The lawsuit, filed in US district court in Kentucky by Covington Catholic high school student Nicholas Sandmann, 16, seeks $250m in damages, the amount that Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon and the world’s richest person, paid for the Post in 2013.

The lawsuit claims that the newspaper “wrongfully targeted and bullied” the teen to advance its bias against Donald Trump because Sandmann is a white Catholic who wore a “Make America Great Again” hat on a school field trip to the March for Life anti-abortion rally in Washington DC on 18 January.

The Washington Post’s vice-president for communications, Kristine Coratti Kelly, said: “We are reviewing a copy of the lawsuit and we plan to mount a vigorous defense.”

He's literally going up against the wealthiest man in the world, he's about to get scalped even further lmfao2

This case is getting thrown out, he has nothing. He went out knowing what kind of connotations that hat had and took part in some hateful mob with his fellow classmates. He made himself look bad, not the Washington Post. He's about to have a harsh life lesson that his family's status doesn't mean shit.

I don't know how to feel about this

On one hand, I do think the whole situation in general is ridiculous and a fucking random teenager who will look back and facepalm in a few years shouldn't have gotten this media coverage in the first place; But on the other, I see where people in this thread are coming from. Also the amount of money he's asking for is insane

ari6

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.