Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Bhad Bharb

WORST Vocalist?!?

Just now, vesp said:

But this was a stylistic choice, not something like breath support or tone. She didn't lose her ability to enunciate, she just chose to sound like a mumbling gargoyle.

It had to do with that movie (which is terrible) more than anything. I think they were going for a sultry tone, but that, coupled with her damaged voice forced it to sound like that. Had she done it five years earlier, it would’ve sounded so much better. 

My avi fave gets called out for not being able to sing but she sounds equal to Madonna who has a decent voice as welljj2

I would say Selena, Camila is actually a great singer and Dua Lipa is slightly better than Taylor and Madonna

Selena hands down. ny13 I can't stand listening to her music at all because she sounds so fucking stupid. ny16 Even her dumb little panting/yelping talk-singing kitty purr noise things sound flat and revolting. moo13

I used to think of Kesha in response to questions like this but the good sis can sang and her last album put on record what used to be reserved for live performances that her fans linked to for receipts.

Britney's a bad singer but she works well with what she has. I actually like her messy smoky lower register nicki5 and as far as the breathy non-vocals go she's the only one of the whispering divas to make that interesting. moo1 Selena and Janet (mostly) can't relate. nat1

4 minutes ago, Littleswiftie said:

My avi fave gets called out for not being able to sing

I love Vocal-lor. 1989 was the first of her albums where I really thought she used her voice optimally. She's even better now and she's improved light years as far as live performances go. I remember when she debuted and people laughed at videos of her being off-key but she's an extremely reliable live performer now so haters can seethe.

4 minutes ago, Satori said:

Britney's a bad singer but she works well with what she has. I actually like her messy smoky lower register nicki5 and as far as the breathy non-vocals go she's the only one of the whispering divas to make that interesting. moo1 Selena and Janet (mostly) can't relatenat1

this the tea. She's not impressive at all but at least she makes it memorable by adding her unique touch. I've never heard anyone who could make a whispery song sound like Knee can. That's got to be something. 

Just now, Lord Stoneheart said:

this the tea. She's not impressive at all but at least she makes it memorable by adding her unique touch. I've never heard anyone who could make a whispery song sound like Knee can. That's got to be something. 

Right? Like on paper her approach to "Slave 4 U" just should not work, but she somehow made this weird little vocal niche for herself with the panty moans and sexwhispers that's unmistakably Brinni and gets a pass where other gorls just can't.

35 minutes ago, Littleswiftie said:

My avi fave gets called out for not being able to sing but she sounds equal to Madonna who has a decent voice as welljj2

I would say Selena, Camila is actually a great singer and Dua Lipa is slightly better than Taylor and Madonna

Taylor Swift has a much better voice than Madonna. She's a better writer/artist too. 

1 hour ago, Satori said:

I love Vocal-lor. 1989 was the first of her albums where I really thought she used her voice optimally. She's even better now and she's improved light years as far as live performances go. I remember when she debuted and people laughed at videos of her being off-key but she's an extremely reliable live performer now so haters can seethe.

Tea, she should perform more live with TS7 so those vocal hate comments can be officially overgaga13

43 minutes ago, SWINΞ said:

That doesn’t make sense... Pop isn’t the most popular genre 

Sis, that means that Pop just stands for "popular". The genre itself takes things from the genre that is most popular at the time, so it's not a genre by itself.

Poor vocalists

Gwen Stefani - Love the shit out of her, but her live vocals (especially post 90s) were tragic most of the time.

Fergie - Acts like she's on par with Christina, when in reality she's only a slightly better version of Jessica.

Britney - Had potential as a child, but lost it as she got older

Jessica Simpson - ???? I don't know what to say

Carley Ray Jetsun - Nasal Nasal Nasal, got the stamina of a 600 pound woman on a treadmill. 

Selena Gomez - Lol 

Lana Del Ray - Since when was off key mumbling singing. 

Janet Jackson - ASMR KWEENZ

Lily Alien - I've heard centenarians with a better vocal range.

Jlo - Rancid no talent singer, had to lip sync to other peoples vocals because her studio efforts were so poor. 

Cameltoe Camila - Proves you can be anything you want to be. 

Bebe Rexha - Sings like a goat with a dildo down it's throat. 

Poor Vocalists with potential

Madonna - Can hold a tune and is on key most of the time.

Katy - Great natural voice with good range and tone, awful technique. 

Taylor - Good enough for cute country songs, bit basic

Kylie Minogue - Not great, but does show some skill. Her headvoice is amazing. 

Dual Lips - Can hold a tune, ugly tone, bit basic.

Just now, Manel said:

Sis, that means that Pop just stands for "popular". The genre itself takes things from the genre that is most popular at the time, so it's not a genre by itself.

While i agree with your point, "pop" does have it's own sound/formula . 

1 minute ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Poor Vocalists with potential

Madonna - Can hold a tune and is on key most of the time.

Katy - Great natural voice with good range and tone, awful technique. 

Taylor - Good enough for cute country songs, bit basic

Kylie Minogue - Not great, but does show some skill. Her headvoice is amazing. 

Dual Lips - Can hold a tune, ugly tone, bit basic.

I wouldn't call Kylie a 'poor' vocalist nicki5

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.