Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

How is Ariana “bigger than Xtina” at her peak, yet....

I wasn’t aware “Stripped” outselling ITZ by 3 million copies is condisdered “nearly identical in sales.” ny4 

In that case, Femme Fatale sold “nearly just as much” as Bionic since it only outsold it by 500k and that’s far less than 3 million to be considered “nearly identical”.

Once again. I’m more than gladly willing to play by your ever evolving rules. BRING IT bitches nat2 

1 hour ago, Agugaga said:

I wasn’t aware “Stripped” outselling ITZ by 3 million copies is condisdered “nearly identical in sales.” ny4 

In that case, Femme Fatale sold “nearly just as much” as Bionic since it only outsold it by 500k and that’s far less than 3 million to be considered “nearly identical”.

Once again. I’m more than gladly willing to play by your ever evolving rules. BRING IT bitches nat2 

GIVE YOUR SOURCES, BITCH

Because everywhere I look, they both sold 10 million copies. NEARLY IDENTICAL, MORON. Unless you have actual proof outside of xtardnation.com or some stupid stan site. rav1 

“BRING IT bitches.” Bring what? Logic? Something you lack? Oh, and guts cuz you’re a triggered, scared wittle baby who puts pweople on ignore cuz they call you out on your bwullshit lol3 

2 hours ago, harry said:

Brit peaked higher and lasted longer. Whew. nat1 

Yes this is true, Britney outsold Christina. She also is more prominent in the limelight because she chooses to do so unlike Xtina who basically is a very private person. 

but

Christina out vocal-ed and out-acclaimed Britney. 

Gosh. These people here really like to downplay Christina's abilities and her contributions, especially in influencing true vocalists just because Agu gets under their skin. brit10 

8 minutes ago, BlancMac said:

Christina out vocal-ed and out-acclaimed Britney. 

Christina:

Liberation: 71

Lotus: 56

Bionic: 56

Back to Basics: 69

Stripped: 55

Mi Reflejo: 56

Average: 60.5

Britney:

Glory: 71

Britney Jean: 50

Femme Fatale: 67

Circus: 64

Blackout: 61

In The Zone: 66

Britney: 58

Oops!: 72

Average: 63.62

Except looking at all of their albums that are listed on MetaCritic, which compiles reviews from every major critic's score, it turns out Britney is the more acclaimed one. xtina11 

10 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

Christina:

Liberation: 71

Lotus: 56

Bionic: 56

Back to Basics: 69

Stripped: 55

Mi Reflejo: 56

Average: 60.5

Britney:

Glory: 71

Britney Jean: 50

Femme Fatale: 67

Circus: 64

Blackout: 61

In The Zone: 66

Britney: 58

Oops!: 72

Average: 63.62

Except looking at all of their albums that are listed on MetaCritic, which compiles reviews from every major critic's score, it turns out Britney is the more acclaimed one. xtina11 

Honey, I'm talking about Vocal acclaim. Not album acclaim, which is also the reason why I said her influence on true vocalists. Besides, Stripped and BI-ON-IC deserved better because the music industry back then was sexist. Also, Britney released more albums than X.

When are we all just going to get along? 

When Agu stirs drama, people gets provoked...cycle continues. 

1 minute ago, BlancMac said:

Honey, I'm talking about Vocal acclaim. Not album acclaim. Besides, Stripped and BI-ON-IC deserved better because the music industry back then was sexist.

No. You said "out-vocaled" and "out-acclaimed." Those are two separate things. If you're talking about vocal acclaim, there's no reason to break it up into two separate things...? brit4 

Everyone in the world knows Britney isn't the better singer. Yet she's still more successful. brit4 

So the industry was sexist from 2002 to 2010? Wasn't Britney also being overly sexual when Xtina was? She was literally singing about touching her vagina at night on ITZ and yet ITZ scored a 66 versus Stripped's 55. No sexism excuses. One just made better music. brit4 

17 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

No. You said "out-vocaled" and "out-acclaimed." Those are two separate things. If you're talking about vocal acclaim, there's no reason to break it up into two separate things...? brit4 

Everyone in the world knows Britney isn't the better singer. Yet she's still more successful. brit4 

So the industry was sexist from 2002 to 2010? Wasn't Britney also being overly sexual when Xtina was? She was literally singing about touching her vagina at night on ITZ and yet ITZ scored a 66 versus Stripped's 55. No sexism excuses. One just made better music. brit4 

By out-vocaled, I meant out-sang, by out acclaimed, I meant by singing acclaim from critics and other singers- (do forgive me as English isn't my first language oif you were not able to comprehend what I posted earlier.).

Also, acclaim isn't for albums only, right? It's also about how an artist sings, which is why we have Awarding Ceremonies, right? 

I never once said that Britney was not successful so please don't assume things. 

Britney was never called a slut or a whore like Xtina was. Yes Britney was sexual but she was never slut shamed to hell and back nor was she ever dissed by Eminem about giving  head to other men via Slim Shady and that old man's 2018 freestyle about Christina's boobs and inserting something in her.

Again ITZ is cohesive and Stripped explored different genres which I guess is a no no back then--I don't know about today but at the very least.

Xtina influenced many younger artists because of Stripped. That's what matters the most, regardless of what Metacritic and haters have to say. 

5 minutes ago, BlancMac said:

By out-vocaled, I meant out-sang, by out acclaimed, I meant by singing acclaim- do forgive me as English isn't my first language. Acclaim isn't for albums only, right? It's also about how artists sings. 

Also Britney was never called a slut or a whore like Xtina was. Yes Britney was sexual but she was never slut shamed to hell and back nor was she ever dissed by Eminem about giving  head to other men via Slim Shady and that old man's 2018 freestyle about Christina's boobs and inserting something in her.

Again ITZ is cohesive and Stripped explored different genres which I guess is a no no back then--I don't know about today but at the very least, Xtina influenced many younger artists because of Stripped. 

I mean, out-sang would kinda go along with singing acclaim. Acclaim can apply to multiple things, but it's kinda redundant to separate "out-singing" and "out-singing-acclaim." They're not exactly the same technically but super similar. But it's okay cuz English isn't your first language. No biggie. katyanna1

Yes. Britney most certainly was called a whore and a slut. They both were. Eminem is gross and is sexist towards dozens of women. But to think Britney was never called a slut and whore is crazy talk. kesha2 

Xtina influenced many younger artists, as did Britney. All I'm stating is that when it comes to critical acclaim, Britney technically wins according to critics. oprah14 

6 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

I mean, out-sang would kinda go along with singing acclaim. Acclaim can apply to multiple things, but it's kinda redundant to separate "out-singing" and "out-singing-acclaim." They're not exactly the same technically but super similar. But it's okay cuz English isn't your first language. No biggie. katyanna1

Yes. Britney most certainly was called a whore and a slut. They both were. Eminem is gross and is sexist towards dozens of women. But to think Britney was never called a slut and whore is crazy talk. kesha2 

Xtina influenced many younger artists, as did Britney. All I'm stating is that when it comes to critical acclaim, Britney technically wins according to critics. oprah14 

Sure. Maybe they both were, i agree but to some extent Christina had it worse because even parents were calling her one. I guess it's because Britney was more sensual and Christina just pushed waaay over the top. Even Time magazine slut shamed X.

Even Tina Fey Tina Fey quipped that  X's metamorphosis had given her a venereal disease.

CSPC-ChristinaAguileraTotals.pngCSPC-BritneySpears-Totals-1.png

@Agugaga NOT EVEN CLOSE lol3 

nat1 B2B is the ONLY era that truly outsold Blackout by a good margin, mainly because Britney was in the midst of her mental breakdown and didn’t promote, didn’t tour / perform. And even then, Gimme More hit #3 on the hot 100 nat1 

PS stop repeating the LIE that Lotus outsold BJ. FF outsold Bionic (FACT), BJ outsold Lotus WW (FACT), and Glory outsold Liberation WW (FACT) nat1 

BRING IT BITCH nat1 

Just now, Vesper said:

CSPC-ChristinaAguileraTotals.pngCSPC-BritneySpears-Totals-1.png

@Agugaga NOT EVEN CLOSE lol3 

also Stripped only outsold ITZ by 5%. As @Umbreon said, nearly identical sales. nat1 B2B is the ONLY album that outsold Blackout by a good margin, mainly because Britney was in the midst of her mental breakdown and didn’t promote, didn’t tour / perform. And even then, Gimme More hit #3 on the hot 100 nat1 

PS stop repeating the LIE that Lotus outsold BJ. FF outsold Bionic (FACT), BJ outsold Lotus WW (FACT), and Glory outsold Liberation WW (FACT) nat1 

BRING IT BITCH nat1 

Christina can sing. 

35 minutes ago, BlancMac said:

Sure. Maybe they both were, i agree but to some extent Christina had it worse because even parents were calling her one. I guess it's because Britney was more sensual and Christina just pushed waaay over the top. Even Time magazine slut shamed X.

Even Tina Fey Tina Fey quipped that  X's metamorphosis had given her a venereal disease.

They chose different forms. X was more raunchy, nasty, and “dirrty.” Britney was more sensual, alluring, and teasing. They both got called sluts for it. Maybe X a tad more because her form was “trashier” to the public some might say. oprah14 

1 minute ago, Umbreon said:

They chose different forms. X was more raunchy, nasty, and “dirrty.” Britney was more sensual, alluring, and teasing. They both got called sluts for it. Maybe X a tad more because her form was “trashier” to the public some might say. oprah14 

But now what they did back then is pretty tame. Their impact. bey3

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.