Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

'Evita' & 'Dick Tracy' more Oscar wins than 'A Star Is Born'. WHY?

3 hours ago, Jjang said:

The movies we stan have won several Oscars thank you very much, one of them is Dick Tracy and I’ve been saying Green Book is a winner from the start, ugh, my impeccable taste, probably why I stan the most acclaimed female career of all time. clap3

Nice prediction but that's not taste since Green Book is some fucking white savior garbage about racism written by a bunch of old white dudes. That movie can fuck off and so can the Academy tbh.

PS Dick Tracy is great. clap3

Gaga's name is on the winners list and M's isnt.

Why are you all so pressed, let nose have her success. I know stans are inssufurable rn and posting nonsesne like who is Olivia Colman but let them. It doesnt change the facts and it only makes the whole stanbase and Vadge by extention look old and bitter.

Just now, EWA said:

maybe when Madonna finally falls to dust gaga can play her in a biographical film and win another oscar in her name.

then she'll have one... right? ny5  

You may wanna remove the A from your username! nat1 

3 minutes ago, isrobi said:

giphy.gif

So tell how come this “better actress “ didn’t win ANY relevant award for this movie if she is so good then ?

She did. She won a Critics Choice for best actress. xtina11

Also, a lead acting nomination across all major guilds and academies for a performance is alone a huge accolade. You don't need to walk home with a trophy to succeed artistically and critically. 

3 minutes ago, harry said:

She did. She won a Critics Choice for best actress. xtina11

Also, a lead acting nomination across all major guilds and academies for a performance is alone a huge accolade. You don't need to walk home with a trophy to succeed artistically and critically. 

But still not Best Actress nor any relevant award for this movie on last night Oscars 

Critics nowadays are same relevant like these on metacritics.com 

And I saw what you did there where you Gussed that Ga Ga won BAFTA for Best actress and then you discarded your first post hehe 

But still only for music 

1 minute ago, isrobi said:

But still not Best Actress nor any relevant award for this movie on last night Oscars 

Critics nowadays are same relevant like these on metacritics.com 

You don't determine relevance. If you're awarded one of the 24 trophies given out every year then it is a relevant Academy Award that they won. Plain and simple. If you're talking technical vs artistic awards (as the artistic awards are seen as "bigger" than technical) then Best Song is actually considered one of the bigger awards (outside of the big four).

23 minutes ago, harry said:

You don't determine relevance. If you're awarded one of the 24 trophies given out every year then it is a relevant Academy Award that they won. Plain and simple. If you're talking technical vs artistic awards (as the artistic awards are seen as "bigger" than technical) then Best Song is actually considered one of the bigger awards (outside of the big four).

I’m not talking about Awards itself I’m talking about Categories 

Relevant categories 

At this rate songs like Happy and Can’t Stop the Feeling or from CoCo are amazing and incredible and legendary etc etc plus Ga Ga as lead actress didn’t get any of main categories awards as far I know 

Oscars are about acting not about music so are BAFTA and Golden Globe And other Film and TV Awards ... 

Grammy also has given her consolation award only because she was awarded elsewhere or lack of contest this year ... 

Good for Ga Ga for having those awards but BR movie has won THE most relevant awards with music that was reheated basically and Ga Ga with new fresh music got her awards 

5 minutes ago, isrobi said:

I’m not talking about Awards itself I’m talking about Categories 

Relevant categories 

Yes and there are 24 out of 24 relevant categories for earning Academy Awards. lol3

10 minutes ago, harry said:

Yes and there are 24 out of 24 relevant categories for earning Academy Awards. lol3

Only 4 are relevant - FOUR main categories 

Same like Grammy has their most relevant and important... and others 

don’t fool yourself 

in week or two Shallow will fall everywhere and we going to see another overpriced and not needed editions of ASIB OST editions to make some coins while hype is there

Shallow will be remembered only in stats as song not so much

42 minutes ago, isrobi said:

don’t fool yourself 

in week or two Shallow will fall everywhere and we going to see another overpriced and not needed editions of ASIB OST editions to make some coins while hype is there

Aw hun you really don't show shit, do you?

There are no main categories. There are artistic categories and technical categories. Best Picture is the only all-encompassing one. 

The Grammy's gives out approx 900 awards a year. The Oscars gives 24. You can't compare. Also my friends in the film industry would find your simplistic opinion of what's important in their industry very interesting. brit9

4 hours ago, isrobi said:

giphy.gif

So tell how come this “better actress “ didn’t win ANY relevant award for this movie if she is so good then ?

You guys are really pitiful at this point. It's not like we can't tell who is a better actress without anyone's judgement. Their difference is quite visible. undefined

48 minutes ago, HninSi said:

You guys are really pitiful at this point. It's not like we can't tell who is a better actress without anyone's judgement. Their difference is quite visible. undefined

Is it? Have you seen Evita?

Let's face it, when the dust settles they both won't be remembered for being strong actresses. ASIB was heavily written for Gaga and so was Evita for Madonna, and they're very comparably skilled.

This is just as good acting as anything in ASIB and if you watch it I'm sure you'll agree.

5 hours ago, isrobi said:

don’t fool yourself 

Except unlike the Grammy's they don't copy paste wins from one category to the next rip4 

You do realize how much effort goes into making a movie - it literally employs thousands of workers. The audacity to say other categories are irrelevant really shows your ignorance. rip4 

Without a good sound editor, editor, cinematographer, designer - wtf would these actors be doing. They certainly don't have the skillset to do most of these jobs. The actor is the LAST part of a movie sis. Sets, lighting, camera work all need to be done before an actor even arrives jj1  and you know who works the magic, editing thousands of footage to make the actor look like gold - the post production people. Shitty editing can kill a nomination. 

Thanks, but try again. 

4 hours ago, Jjang said:

Yes lol her “contribution” to TIHTY and how Linda exposed her. And beside like I said - It’s a well known method in the industry. 

You're talking about shit that happened before Shallow was even written and trying to use it as receipts for this made up story you created about how Gaga didn't contribute to the writing of the song, literally where is the logic?laughcry1 Those are two completely different situations. We know the whole story of how the song was created. And just because it's a "well known method" in the industry doesn't mean you automatically get to assume it happened here. You're just trying to find a way to make this win seem less meaningful so you can feel better about your failed actress fave but I ain't biting.sorry1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.