Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Holiest Dreams

Place your bets for the TS7 lead single and album release

Just now, Taylor said:

Added you!

Yeah the whole thing was a mess mad5 

RFI could’ve worked well as single 2 if they had the ability wait and release it on Oct 27 with the video but the deal ruined it wendy4 

But yeah we need a proper rollout this time. I have faith in Republic.

They lowkey messed up with releasing break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored thomad5 7 Rings is doing fine on the other handmad1

3 minutes ago, Littleswiftie said:

They lowkey messed up with releasing break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored thomad5 7 Rings is doing fine on the other handmad1

Tea but also I feel like it wouldn’t have peaked as high if they had waited and wanted to try for a 3rd #1 (or at least a high peak) since post-album singles flop nowadays. But it is oversaturating Ariana jj3 

My hope is still that we get single 1, then single 2 right before the album drops (hopefully they try for two #1s), single 3 can be a cute forgettable song to not oversaturate and maybe remix single 4 ala Bad Blood/Finesse go get another top 5/10 hit rih4 but I’m probably overshooting and this won’t happen kii

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Tea but also I feel like it wouldn’t have peaked as high if they had waited and wanted to try for a 3rd #1 (or at least a high peak) since post-album singles flop nowadays. But it is oversaturating Ariana jj3 

My hope is still that we get single 1, then single 2 right before the album drops (hopefully they try for two #1s), single 3 can be a cute forgettable song to not oversaturate and maybe remix single 4 ala Bad Blood/Finesse go get another top 5/10 hit rih4 but I’m probably overshooting and this won’t happen kii

It will be bigger than Reputation, even though I'm afraid of the debut numbersbey10

3 minutes ago, Littleswiftie said:

It will be bigger than Reputation, even though I'm afraid of the debut numbersbey10

Probably. I think people will panic because the lead won’t debut with as big of numbers as LWYMMD did, neither the album as big as reputation did, but longevity is way more important. As long as she’s properly handled and has a drive behind her this era, I think she can stretch it much further than reputation and of course have multiple hits.

At the end of the day as long as the lead outstreams LWYMMD on Spotify/AM and the album does more units than Rep idc if the debut numbers are half of last era’s ari9   

Just now, Taylor said:

Probably. I think people will panic because the lead won’t debut with as big of numbers as LWYMMD did, neither the album as big as reputation did, but longevity is way more important. As long as she’s properly handled and has a drive behind her this era, I think she can stretch it much further than reputation and of course have multiple hits.

At the end of the day as long as the lead outstreams LWYMMD on Spotify/AM and the album does more units than Rep idc if the debut numbers are half of last era’s ari9   

Maybe the lead and second single off the era could let the anticipation skyrocketed (with the gp this time) so it debuts with 1-1.5m copies in the US and 2-2.5m worldwide?jj2

3 hours ago, Littleswiftie said:

Maybe the lead and second single off the era could let the anticipation skyrocketed (with the gp this time) so it debuts with 1-1.5m copies in the US and 2-2.5m worldwide?jj2

I don’t think it’ll do that much WW dead2 

Her debut numbers always make her look local because she’s SO huge in the US but she’s done ~400k outside the US for her past two eras (which is huge btw) so I expect around that much or a bit more if her streaming is great and she gets heavily promoted.

So whatever she does in the US (I predict around 1M SPS - 800k pure) and probably 4-500k outside of it sounds about right jj2 

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

I don’t think it’ll do that much WW dead2 

Her debut numbers always make her look local because she’s SO huge in the US but she’s done ~400k outside the US for her past two eras (which is huge btw) so I expect around that much or a bit more if her streaming is great and she gets heavily promoted.

So whatever she does in the US (I predict around 1M SPS - 800k pure) and probably 4-500k outside of it sounds about right jj2 

ari6ok sis calm down thats kinda poor

45 minutes ago, Joanne said:

ari6ok sis calm down thats kinda poor

Girl we’re talking about first week sales, not overall. No other pop girl is doing 400k+ outside of the US in their first week alone (let alone 1.2M in the US as well lol) besides like Adele, so how exactly is that bad ari6 

1989 did 4M pure outside the US and rep did about 1.5M if we’re talking overall units outside of US. Idk about SPS tho ari6 

12 hours ago, Taylor said:

Also changing my prediction to March 8th as well rih4 #shameless

I guess I shouldn't be the only standing by March the 1st, so you can do the same for me too. rih4

21 hours ago, Ghostface said:

I guess I shouldn't be the only standing by March the 1st, so you can do the same for me too. rih4

moved! rih4 

16 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

Why it has to be Friday? jj2

• Single: March 8th
  • Album: June 14th

Music releases are on Fridays now (previously Monday) since the tracking week starts that day. Of course though not all artists release their singles on a Friday, even Taylor shockingly released ...RFI? on a Sunday, but for a lead she 100% won't miss out on any more than a few hours of the tracking week (like if she did a livestream during the day and missed out on 12 hours like with SIO) jj2 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.