Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Holiest Dreams

Radio DJ debunks claims of Getaway Car being sent to radios/final single

wbk tbh .. it would make zero sense to release a reputation single now katy8  

like if this happened in October it would've been possible, but March 2019... no rav2  

Taylor has clearly moved on from the era long ago katy8

5 minutes ago, fab said:

wbk tbh .. it would make zero sense to release a reputation single now katy8  

like if this happened in October it would've been possible, but March 2019... no rav2  

Taylor has clearly moved on from the era long ago katy8

Tea but I think Borshitta doesn’t need her permission to release stuff now so for all we know he could’ve tried sending this out before her new era starts scream2 

I would hope he’s not trashy enough to pull something like that though katy2 

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Tea but I think Borshitta doesn’t need her permission to release stuff now so for all we know he could’ve tried sending this out before her new era starts scream2 

I would hope he’s not trashy enough to pull something like that though katy2 

i don't think a couple of spins for Getaway Car would impact her next era in any way.. radios are gonna play her lead single regardless .. by popular demand ny1 

1 minute ago, fab said:

i don't think a couple of spins for Getaway Car would impact her next era in any way.. radios are gonna play her lead single regardless .. by popular demand ny1 

Unless she serves a LWYMMD 2.0 katy2 

I have faith her lead will serve more SIO and less that this time tho ny1 

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Unless she serves a LWYMMD 2.0 katy2 

I have faith her lead will serve more SIO and less that this time tho ny1 

yeah she didn't really engage in any feuds lately so I don't really see her putting out songs like LWYMMD, IDSB or TIWCHNT again bebe1 

I have no idea what to expect for the lead though interesting1 

5 minutes ago, fab said:

i just hope she doesn't have any shitty features like Lil Pump, Luis Fonsi or Ozuna on her album katy2

She would literally never. tay4 She's friends with Selena, not following her.

8 minutes ago, fab said:

yeah she didn't really engage in any feuds lately so I don't really see her putting out songs like LWYMMD, IDSB or TIWCHNT again bebe1 

I have no idea what to expect for the lead though interesting1 

Tbh I think the sonic aspect of Look was the biggest issue. As well as the aspect of it not being relatable, but songs like 7R are smashing so it’s not a big deal. It just sounded so out of place on radio bebe1 

I hope she takes on something fresh with the lead. SIO sort of followed the horns trend in 2014 (Problem, Talk Dirty, etc...) but it felt fresh and actually had an interesting production kylie6

6 minutes ago, fab said:

i just hope she doesn't have any shitty features like Lil Pump, Luis Fonsi or Ozuna on her album katy2

I hope it’s entirely solo. If she wants to do features she can just remix a song like Bad Blood - or Finesse as far as examples from other artists go...

End Game not being solo actually hurt it imo. Had it been solo on the album and an Ed/Future remix released later on in the era it would’ve done well bc it’d be a ‘new’ song on iTunes/streaming katy2 

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

I hope it’s entirely solo. If she wants to do features she can just remix a song like Bad Blood - or Finesse as far as examples from other artists go...

End Game not being solo actually hurt it imo. Had it been solo on the album and an Ed/Future remix released later on in the era it would’ve done well bc it’d be a ‘new’ song on iTunes/streaming katy2 

wait omg bey8  actually thinking about it, most of the late-era smashes in recent history have been newly released remixes:  

Perfect ft. Beyonce, Finesse ft. Cardi B, Girls Like You ft. Cardi B, Bad Blood ft. Kendrick Lamar, etc. katy8  

you might be onto something bey8 

1 minute ago, fab said:

wait omg bey8  actually thinking about it, most of the late-era smashes in recent history have been newly released remixes:  

Perfect ft. Beyonce, Finesse ft. Cardi B, Girls Like You ft. Cardi B, Bad Blood ft. Kendrick Lamar, etc. katy8  

you might be onto something bey8 

Yeah it helps a lot especially considering it’s the streaming era jj2 I mean can you think of any true smashes that came post-album release without a remix in 2018? I can’t, besides Drake’s IMF, but that was released around the album and not after.

Like imagine if Bad Blood had Kendrick on it from the start and it wasn’t re-released, it would’ve struggled to go top 3 bebe1

+ I just prefer entirely solo albums by Taylor. Save the features for a single (re-)release katy8 

11 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Tbh I think the sonic aspect of Look was the biggest issue. As well as the aspect of it not being relatable, but songs like 7R are smashing so it’s not a big deal. It just sounded so out of place on radio bebe1 

I hope she takes on something fresh with the lead. SIO sort of followed the horns trend in 2014 (Problem, Talk Dirty, etc...) but it felt fresh and actually had an interesting production kylie6

Yes. LWYMMD was just the wrong single to send to radio... production, lyrics, the video while great to an extent, was not really good enough to sustain public love.

3 minutes ago, Moon Queen said:

Yes. LWYMMD was just the wrong single to send to radio... production, lyrics, the video while great to an extent, was not really good enough to sustain public love.

I actually love LWYMMD but it’s just not single material. It was great as far as shock value and having a massive first (two) weeks, but after that the GP interest because the song wasn’t relatable and was very polarizing to the ears. 

I do think it would have been fine as the lead had they followed it up with a proper second single and not drudged up a 2 month old promo single that was also sonically polarizing... but of course that’s what they did and it killed the era ari9 

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I actually love LWYMMD but it’s just not single material. It was great as far as shock value and having a massive first (two) weeks, but after that the GP interest because the song wasn’t relatable and was very polarizing to the ears. 

I do think it would have been fine as the lead had they followed it up with a proper second single and not drudged up a 2 month old promo single that was also sonically polarizing... but of course that’s what they did and it killed the era ari9 

yeah the promo... or lack of it was the driving factor is the era's failure compared to 1989. she did almost nothing the entire two years.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

The immediate almost random release of RFI right after Look was such a weird occurrence. Hopefully she won't brand deal a song this time around that would have messed with the release schedule.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.