Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Aidan.

How Kylie pulled off the perfect pop comeback — again

A lot’s changed for Kylie Minogue since she last toured Australia — but the opening night of her Golden tour proved we should never count her out.

For years, Kylie Minogue was locked in a fierce battle — with herself.

Her singles topped the charts and her massive arena tours became ever more spectacular. By 2011’s Aphrodite: Les Folies, she was performing to fans from atop a giant Busby Berkeley-esque water fountain. This was pop music at its most OTT.

But where on earth do you go from there?

For a time, her returns diminished. Her struggle to stay ahead of the crowd perhaps reached its nadir with 2014 single Sexercize, its video showing a leotard-clad Minogue undulating on a fit ball while instructing her lover to “Beat all your best times / Let me see you sexercize / Come on, baby bounce, bounce.”

Love At First Sight it was not. Clearly, something had to change.

A few years later — and with a well-publicised breakup to fuel her creative juices — Kylie returned with her most personal (indeed, she co-wrote every song) album in years, last year’s chart topper Golden.

And its accompanying tour is the first time (2012’s brief ‘Anti Tour’ aside) Aussie fans have seen her playing venues smaller than arenas in more than 20 years. This time around, she’s playing wineries and this, the first of two relatively intimate shows at Sydney’s ICC Theatre.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/tours/how-kylie-pulled-off-the-perfect-pop-comeback-again/news-story/b8aea9d9a091e18230989b6ef8c4981b

31 minutes ago, Venom said:

I've never heard of Sexercize, I thought the fit ball thing was a random Nekci Menij joke I- rip1

Unfortunately not rih9 She looks great but this is so not her rih9

26 minutes ago, ajp said:

Good Review kylie6

I hope for KM15, we get another “themed” album like 70’s Kylie. kylie6

I peeked Say Hey today and someone mentioned another 4 year wait before the next album kylie4

I dont think so kylie4

9 minutes ago, Light Years said:

I think Golden reinvigorated Kylie and that the next album could be out next year (hopefully, I don't wanna wait 3 more years) fall5

Also Sexercize is a huge guilty bop for me katy7

#Kylie2020

The real presidential race

26 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

Unfortunately not rih9 She looks great but this is so not her rih9

I peeked Say Hey today and someone mentioned another 4 year wait before the next album kylie4

I dont think so kylie4

7 minutes ago, Light Years said:

I think Golden reinvigorated Kylie and that the next album could be out next year (hopefully, I don't wanna wait 3 more years) fall5

Also Sexercize is a huge guilty bop for me katy7

The other pop girls will run all over her...and Kylie will be out there 55 with her easy chair promoting a cover of Toxic brit13

We need new tunes kylie6

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.