Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Entea

Kylie Jenner becomes the world's youngest billionaire

Kylie Jenner

Kylie Jenner has become the world's youngest self-made billionaire, according to Forbes billionaires' list. The youngest Kardashian family member is making her fortune from her best-selling cosmetics business. The 21-year-old founded and owns Kylie Cosmetics, the three-year-old beauty business that generated an estimated $360m in sales last year.

She reached the milestone earlier than Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg who became a billionaire aged 23. "I didn't expect anything. I did not foresee the future. "But [the recognition] feels really good. That's a nice pat on the back," Ms Jenner told Forbes.

x

Yowza. Might be splitting hairs here but I'm not sure "self made" is quite the term I would've used rip4 but I guess not everyone in her family has made as much of what they already had as she did, so good for her.

2 hours ago, Jake said:

Imagine going from a 5M net worth in 2015 to over 1 billion in 2019. Fucking nuts man

You make it sound like 5M is $5 rip4 

Her starting with that much was already a privilege and made it much easier for her to build a name for herself, the fact her family is pretty much the most famous one in the world gave her another push too but that is just my two cents.

She isn't self-made. She already had millions before she even had lips, she has a rich family with a reality TV show she grew up on, and it's not hard work on her part that her well-known mom got an awkward teenager a deal with the factory that produces ColourPop bebe1

7 hours ago, Michael. said:

You make it sound like 5M is $5 rip4 

Her starting with that much was already a privilege and made it much easier for her to build a name for herself, the fact her family is pretty much the most famous one in the world gave her another push too but that is just my two cents.

This is close to what I originally said in my post but I kept editing/walking it back because I felt I was being too harsh rip4 You put it better than I did. 

But yeah, she already had means to get started that were a few steps above privilege, and yeah, "Kylie" Cosmetics wouldn't mean anything if she wasn't famous to begin with rip4 That's not to say she hasn't achieved anything, but I think we're on the same page...

4 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

This is close to what I originally said in my post but I kept editing/walking it back because I felt I was being too harsh rip4 You put it better than I did. 

But yeah, she already had the means to get started that is a few steps above privilege, and yeah, "Kylie" Cosmetics wouldn't mean anything if she wasn't famous to begin with rip4 That's not to say she hasn't achieved anything, but I think we're on the same page...

Of course. I mean it's good that her brand is successful and all, which is all thanks to her name being attached to it.  

However, she already had a huge platform to get started and popularity to back her up, therefore, she had very little chances of failing right from the beginning. um3 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.