Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Law

Why is A*a M*x cloning her own song?

2 minutes ago, Venom said:

People are also validly claiming So Am I ripped off Marina; Cirkut produced this and also coproduced Primadonna in 2012 with Dr Luke

You spilled burn1

Just now, Moon Queen said:

Cant see a problem with it 

I just find cloning the song released just prior unoriginal, boring, and solidifies my thoughts of her being a complete industry plant oprah14

1 minute ago, tellemhone said:

Doesn't matter tbh. Didn't Britney do this with Oops? nicki5 Anyway I refuse to let Ava flop

Britney even though I don't stan, had a signature sound, there's a difference between an aesthetic and cohesion vs downright cloning for me imo

Just now, Freaky Prince said:

SAI is shit, but lets not write her off so early nicki5 

I mean it's not like she brings anything new to the table otherwise

• Marina did the melody in 2012 and had an interesting angle to go at with it
  • Britney did the sexy schoolgirl thing in 1999 and executed it much better
  • The half-this-half-that hairstyle concept was done better by previous Atlantic girls Melanie Martinez in 2012 and Sia later
  • With Sweet But Psycho, Gaga did the muh-muh-muh-muh sample in 2008 and black tears in 2009
  • Not Your Barbie Girl is a blatant misinterpretation of a song from 1996 with a very generic hip hop twist added

And let's not forget the realest tea of them all, Atlantic Records developed Ava Max purely to fill the role for pop that they had Cardi fill for rap last year. Try to destroy and replace a well-known competitor from the past decade with the new 'supreme'. It worked against Nicki so now they attempt it against Gaga. moo10

1 minute ago, Venom said:

I mean it's not like she brings anything new to the table otherwise

• Marina did the melody in 2012 and had an interesting angle to go at with it
  • Britney did the sexy schoolgirl thing in 1999 and executed it much better
  • The half-this-half-that hairstyle concept was done better by previous Atlantic girls Melanie Martinez in 2012 and Sia later
  • With Sweet But Psycho, Gaga did the muh-muh-muh-muh sample in 2008 and black tears in 2009
  • Not Your Barbie Girl is a blatant misinterpretation of a song from 1996 with a very generic hip hop twist added

And let's not forget the realest tea of them all, Atlantic Records developed Ava Max purely to fill the role for pop that they had Cardi fill for rap last year. Try to destroy and replace a well-known competitor from the past decade with the new 'supreme'. It worked against Nicki so now they attempt it against Gaga. moo10

I get all that. She isn't really bringing anything drastically new to the table, but Sweet But Psycho was such a breath of fresh air, it's a purely pop song in a currently urban driven industry. nicki5

25 minutes ago, Venom said:

People are also validly claiming So Am I ripped off Marina; Cirkut produced this and also coproduced Primadonna in 2012 with Dr Luke

22 minutes ago, Law said:

You spilled burn1

now hold up gasp1

well it shifted the speed and the key, most pop songs have similar chord progressions and what pop song doesn’t have the same structure nowadays, i think you can do this with many artists dead2 but ig anything to prove that ava max is shit!

41 minutes ago, Chapman said:

well it shifted the speed and the key, most pop songs have similar chord progressions and what pop song doesn’t have the same structure nowadays, i think you can do this with many artists dead2 but ig anything to prove that ava max is shit!

The structure, BPM, singing, sound, and instrumental are essentially the same, just in a different key, that's the only separation lmaooo

2 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

Mariah sampled her own songs but no one said anything. rav2

She got criticized for that multiple times in the 90s. Literally one of the critics main flaws. 

Hopefully Ava doesn’t make only pop for 35+ years like a certain someone rav2 

6 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

SAI is shit, but lets not write her off so early nicki5 

5 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

I get all that. She isn't really bringing anything drastically new to the table, but Sweet But Psycho was such a breath of fresh air, it's a purely pop song in a currently urban driven industry. nicki5

5 hours ago, Chapman said:

I’m glad to see my fellow Avatars unite in the face of adversity!

6 hours ago, Chapman said:

She is shit, we don’t have to prove anything nicki5 

Poker Face and Bad Romance tea

she makes enjoyable music that’s all matters and her haters just looking for reasons to get dragged plus who nowadays does not copy themselves and others

for example 

Pink last single and Some Nights by fun.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.