Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

imahunter

why do madonna albums sell 4x what mariah's does??

im talking about the 10's. it seems like madonna flops but still hits at least 1 million each time while mariah struggles to sell 200k. why is this?

Madonna leads Mariah in total records sales by 100 million

Albums:

206,000,000 - Madonna

145,000,000 - Mariah Carey

Singles:

125,000,000 - Madonna

87,000,000 - Mariah Carey

Records:

331,000,000 - Madonna

232,000,000 - Mariah Carey

she also obsolutely demolishes Janet.

why? 

10 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

Used her music to talk about important issues

"I drive my mini cooper, And I'm feeling super-duper, Yo they tell me I'm a trooper, And you know I'm satisfied"

undefined

4 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

"I drive my mini cooper, And I'm feeling super-duper, Yo they tell me I'm a trooper, And you know I'm satisfied"

undefined

Papa Don't Preach, Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Pray for Spanish Eyes, Keep It Together, In This Life, Why's It So Hard etc. Even the rat Hey You has a nice message.

undefined

3 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

Papa Don't Preach, Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Pray for Spanish Eyes, Keep It Together, In This Life, Why's It So Hard etc. Even the rat Hey You has a nice message.

undefined

Sis calm down maybe join Agugaga and start some Yoga classes, we love everyone over here in the I That Brings Levity household. 

undefined

3 minutes ago, Royalty said:

Boring, another Madonne vs. Mariah Carey thread. Thank u, next!

wendy2

6 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Sis calm down maybe join Agugaga and start some Yoga classes, we love everyone over here in the I That Brings Levity household.

I am calm. gaga6

25 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

undefined

17 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

undefined

lj1

the correct response is:

I dew yoga and Pilates / and the room is full of hotties / so I’m checking out the bawdies / and you know I’m satisfied!1!!!

Spoiler

lana7

By the time the '10's came around, Moorrhea is already a has-been, her last hit eras being Emancipation and E=moorheax2 which were in the 00's. All her albums after E=mcyphilis sound exactly the same, and her voice is beyond deteriotated, so of course ppl aren't going to buy her shit. It would have been better if she released music similar to that of her prime, but maybe her voice can't deliver those types of songs anymore and she found it easier to do RnB/pop where she basically talks/raps/whispers. 

I think Madonna Kebab was still relevant in the '10s until she made the atrocious britney-inspired song, "Bitch im medoner" which was a total cringefest. 

So in conclusion, Moo lost because she made the same music over and over, and also because her signature voice is no longer with us R.I.P moo's peak vocals. I also think Medoner has more fans than Moo. 

3 minutes ago, STJ said:

By the time the '10's came around, Moorrhea is already a has-been, her last hit eras being Emancipation and E=moorheax2 which were in the 00's. All her albums after E=mcyphilis sound exactly the same, and her voice is beyond deteriotated, so of course ppl aren't going to buy her shit. It would have been better if she released music similar to that of her prime, but maybe her voice can't deliver those types of songs anymore and she found it easier to do RnB/pop where she basically talks/raps/whispers. 

I think Madonna Kebab was still relevant in the '10s until she made the atrocious britney-inspired song, "Bitch im medoner" which was a total cringefest. 

So in conclusion, Moo lost because she made the same music over and over, and also because her signature voice is no longer with us R.I.P moo's peak vocals. I also think Medoner has more fans than Moo. 

you'd know all about has-beens given that your fat fave has forever lived in britneys shadow, someone who has less than half the vocal ability rih4 embarrassing 

14 minutes ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

you'd know all about has-beens given that your fat fave has forever lived in britneys shadow, someone who has less than half the vocal ability rih4 embarrassing 

Girl, you want to talk about fat... Xtina has never been as fat as Moorhea at her fattest (see disgusting pics of Moo in granny underwear while pregnant). Nor does Xtina need a gastric bypass to become skinny again rih6

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6141160/mariah-carey-secret-gastric-sleeve-surgery-weight-loss/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5071487/Mariah-Carey-happy-secret-gastric-sleeve-surgery.html

The myth that Xtina is in Brit's shadow constantly propelled by Britards... she was never in her shadow, during both of their primes, Xtina had more #1 more grammy's etc. brit10

Mariah and  Madonna release different types of music, the music Madonna releases is more appealing to global audiences, whereas Mariah's is more US oriented, that's why Mariah has had more success in USA than Madonna (similar amount of albums sold, sold more singles, more #1 songs, songs of the decade, etc) moo1 

6 minutes ago, STJ said:

The myth that Xtina is in Brit's shadow constantly propelled by Britards... she was never in her shadow, during both of their primes, Xtina had more #1 more grammy's etc. brit10

Funny joke dead1 But seriously, Britney has and had more cultural relevance than Xtina ever will. Numbers don't mean shit when #1 single Come On Over Baby is completely forgotten by the GP and #9 single Toxic is considered a timeless pop classic. And let's not forget the iconic 2003 VMAs moment, Britney and Xtina both kissed Madonna but people only cared about the Britney version, and that's the only part that will ever be looked back on in the future. It's no wonder Britney made millions off of a perfume line centered around her, while Xtina became an Oreos tribute act who had to cancel tours for not getting enough ticket sales file1

7 minutes ago, Venom said:

Funny joke dead1 But seriously, Britney has and had more cultural relevance than Xtina ever will. Numbers don't mean shit when #1 single Come On Over Baby is completely forgotten by the GP and #9 single Toxic is considered a timeless pop classic. And let's not forget the iconic 2003 VMAs moment, Britney and Xtina both kissed Madonna but people only cared about the Britney version, and that's the only part that will ever be looked back on in the future. It's no wonder Britney made millions off of a perfume line centered around her, while Xtina became an Oreos tribute act who had to cancel tours for not getting enough ticket sales file1

Not yall turning this into an Agugaga thread just because I said Moorrhea is a has-been dead1

They both have the same level of cultural influence, Lady Marmalade slays everything Britney has done dead1Nobody ever says a britney album inspired me, but many artists/musicians say "Stripped is that bitch". 

You mean only the media mentioned Britney, but the general population knew that Xtina was also kissed by Madonna. dead1 Xtina is also a perfume mogul, + billionaires pay up to 15million USD to see her perform 3 or 5 songs in private concerts, dubbed as the "Billionaire tours" between 2011-2018. Has britney ever been invited? dead1 Anyone who knows Toxic certainly knows COOB, they just pretend to not know to make it seem like Britney was more relevant rih6 

In conclusion, Brit + Moo are nostalgia acts, they don't perform like they used to, Madonna + Xtina = in their prime (performance-wise).

1 minute ago, STJ said:

Anyone who knows Toxic certainly knows COOB

I'd strongly disagree. Toxic is more well known. That's like saying anyone who knows Beautiful knows Alien. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.