Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Divine

Iggy calls out Spotify for not adding her new song to any playlists

She ain't wrong but hey she shouldn't worry about it too much, she was #1 on iTunes Rap Charts and she was #3 worldwide, so that's pretty good for an indie artist? The song is amazing and if you have watched the video, and watched the last seconds, her album is going to be FUCKING AMAZING! So she shouldn't worry too much about it and enjoy the positive feedback on Sally Walker, because she deserves it. <3 

Taste is subjective, and nobody's entitled to playlist promotions. All Iggy's doing screams egotism to me and it's stupid! If you really care that much about Spotify putting your song on a random playlist for 5 seconds, you shouldve went to them privately ny1

1 minute ago, Venom said:

Taste is subjective, and nobody's entitled to playlist promotions. All Iggy's doing screams egotism to me and it's stupid! If you really care that much about Spotify putting your song on a random playlist for 5 seconds, you shouldve went to them privately ny1

I mean, she's kind of just wanting equal treatment as her contemporaries which isn't much to ask for. The fact that she was placed outside of the top 20 on the New Music Friday playlist when no other major artist released with her is definitely frustrating for her I'm sure. NMF isn't just some random playlist either, it's quite the opposite. dead2 

2 minutes ago, Divine said:

I mean, she's kind of just wanting equal treatment as her contemporaries which isn't much to ask for. The fact that she was placed outside of the top 20 on the New Music Friday playlist when no other major artist released with her is definitely frustrating for her I'm sure. NMF isn't just some random playlist either, it's quite the opposite. dead2 

It's fucking Spotify tho, the only thing they owe anybody is the small check for the streams that they got creep1

15 minutes ago, Venom said:

It's fucking Spotify tho, the only thing they owe anybody is the small check for the streams that they got creep1

You have to look at it from her POV though, wouldn't you be rather annoyed if one of the biggest streaming services in the world paid your newest song dust despite it doing fairly well on iTunes and Youtube then gave a weird excuse as to why they paid it dust? Her frustration is very much warranted.

13 minutes ago, Divine said:

You have to look at it from her POV though, wouldn't you be rather annoyed if one of the biggest streaming services in the world paid your newest song dust despite it doing fairly well on iTunes and Youtube then gave a weird excuse as to why they paid it dust? Her frustration is very much warranted.

It's a company that provides a service. 

If she wants Itunes to spotlight, she pays for it.

If she wants youtube to spotlight, she pays for it.

She shouldn't expect any different from a streaming company  jj4  That's how the world works honey. That's literally the only way websites make money - by offering ad revenue and premium content jj4

Call their asses out lmao. We all know that playlists are mostly money driven, so it's a bit shit when they excuse not promoting a song because of "data." Sally Walker like out-streamed half of the songs in the NMF top 20 rip4 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.