Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

California boy

Katy will be honored at DVF Awards as a LGBTQ activist

idk if id call her an activist per se, however she does at least more than half of what the fotp faves do oprah14 

(Madonna, Kesha, and Gaga are the top activists oprah14 )

1 hour ago, Chris Morlock said:

idk if id call her an activist per se, however she does at least more than half of what the fotp faves do oprah14 

(Madonna, Kesha, and Gaga are the top activists oprah14 )

Hm, Katy has supported Stonewall, Dedicated Firework MV to It Gets Better project, said she supported LGBT rights waay back in 2008, voted against prop 8, blasted Tony Abbott because he was against it and some more stuff related to gay marriage before it was legal. 

I'd say any of them would be fine. Now, if Taylor won it i'd say that. She has voiced support (Tweeted about gay marriage becoming legal, played KOMH for that gay couple, gay swifties who have met her say shes awesome about it, friends w/ Todrick) but hasnt really done anything "activisty"... Granted TS hasnt been political until October 2018 so.

I would like to see Kesha win something, i always see Madonna & Gaga getting praise but never Kesha.  

14 minutes ago, IKnowPlaces said:

Hm, Katy has supported Stonewall, Dedicated Firework MV to It Gets Better project, said she supported LGBT rights waay back in 2008, voted against prop 8, blasted Tony Abbott because he was against it and some more stuff related to gay marriage before it was legal. 

I'd say any of them would be fine. Now, if Taylor won it i'd say that. She has voiced support (Tweeted about gay marriage becoming legal, played KOMH for that gay couple, gay swifties who have met her say shes awesome about it, friends w/ Todrick) but hasnt really done anything "activisty"... Granted TS hasnt been political until October 2018 so.

I would like to see Kesha win something, i always see Madonna & Gaga getting praise but never Kesha.  

well i didnt say Katy hasnt done anything but ive seen Kesha do more than Katy.

Kesha:

the song We R Who We R

HRC Equality Gala 2016 (visibility award)

LGBT visibility award in Nashville (not too sure about when this was)

Headlining Dan Reynold's LGBTQ Music Festival LOVELOUD (2019)

Teamed up with GLAAD to support trans service members (when that Trans military ban happened)

British LGBT awards 2019 (music artist)

NewNowNext awards 2013 (that's my jam) - not necessarily LGBT centered but the awards aired on Logo; which is generally an LGBT channel)

the GLAAD Media Awards 2018 (outstanding music artist)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.