Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

fab

Katy sends massive payola cheque to Youtube!

Daily views for 365: 

2019/03/10 762,505
2019/03/11 737,603
2019/03/12 673,410
2019/03/13 607,897
2019/03/14 602,499
2019/03/15 638,556
2019/03/16 630,954
2019/03/17 1,023,628 

Last 24 hours: 2,635,806 

Looks like Katy is @ it again nat1 

10 minutes ago, Luca said:

Or maybe the song is finally picking up like it truly deserves? nat1 

I don’t think so tbh, everyone is saying it’s suddenly at the top of their recommendations despite it not being anywhere days ago (around the same time it started rising).

This isn’t exactly a bad thing though. Not sure if they have to pay for auto play/recommendation exposure or if they strike some sort of deal but it will help the song a lot. They should invest more in Spotify playlisting and exposure though since it counts more for charts and will do more in the long run wat3 

35 minutes ago, Kuba said:

You didn't seem to mind when gaga gave shallow the same treatment nicki5

Enlighten me how Shallow was payola'd nicki5 No radio airplay causing it to underperform on Hot 100 until Oscar buzz  nicki5 

3 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

Enlighten me how Shallow was payola'd nicki5 No radio airplay causing it to underperform on Hot 100 until Oscar buzz  nicki5 

I'm talking about YouTube? Sis do you not remember the sudden surge it got in YouTube views.. very reminiscent of 365's? 

20 minutes ago, Kuba said:

I'm talking about YouTube? Sis do you not remember the sudden surge it got in YouTube views.. very reminiscent of 365's? 

Is there a thread we can reference? gaga6

A monster coming for Katy when Shallow's obscure success and the instagram/facebook/YouTube payola was far more aggressive than Katy's attempt at getting this to chart in the top 80. nicki5 

6 minutes ago, Merryem said:

so you mean after it was performed and won 2 grammies? nicki5 

Actually it went from 1.6 million to 3 million in January, and then 4 million after Grammys. nicki5 How and why did it gained a big boost in January? nicki5

6 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

Actually it went from 1.6 million to 3 million in January, and then 4 million after Grammys. nicki5 How and why did it gained a big boost in January? nicki5

awards season when it was winning every televised award? nicki5 golden globes: jan 6th nicki5 critics choice: jan 13th nicki5 

1 hour ago, Madonna said:

A monster coming for Katy when Shallow's obscure success and the instagram/facebook/YouTube payola was far more aggressive than Katy's attempt at getting this to chart in the top 80. nicki5 

what was "obscure" about Shallow's success? nicki5 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.