Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Is “Shallow” a classic?

Opinions? 

The recent resurgence of the song has solidified it as a classic in my opinion and it’s going to be played on the radio now forever (especially on adult contemporary radio.) It may have already hit #1 but the song isn’t going anywhere anytime soon and probably won’t peak on radio until May. And it was released in September. Along with its impressive Oscar and Grammy stats, I would say it’s her 3rd biggest classic next to “Bad Romance” and “Poker Face.” 

Also this will most likely be her biggest karaoke hit ever and it will be played and lampooned in bars across America. rav2 

4 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

In every sense of the word, yes. It's commercial longevity and acclaim by the GP is only paralleled by it's fellow soundtrack classics such as My Heart Will Go On, Loverboy and I Will Always Love You.

Living for the way you snuck this in. gaycat1

No clap1 I will not have that! Song was annoying and basic af and along with the rest of ASIB & it's soundtrack, it is just not up to her regular standard from R&B to AP, let alone that of what can be considered a classic! clap1

6 minutes ago, Venom said:

No clap1 I will not have that! Song was annoying and basic af and along with the rest of ASIB & it's soundtrack, it is just not up to her regular standard from R&B to AP, let alone that of what can be considered a classic! clap1

Just because you dont like it doesnt make the song any less successful nicki5 

24 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

In every sense of the word, yes. It's commercial longevity and acclaim by the GP is only paralleled by it's fellow soundtrack classics such as My Heart Will Go On, Loverboy and I Will Always Love You.

who gon' tell ha?

Umivy4QS_400x400.jpg

Wait are you guys really comparing this to “My Heart Will Go On” and “I Will Always Love You” ari1 

I wouldn’t go that far. eve1

I mean I was thinking its success was somewhere along the lines of “Meant to Be,” “Say Something,” and “Just Give Me A Reason”...other very successful out of the box duets. But to put it on Titanic/Bodyguard level is definetly a delusional move. brit8

3 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Wait are you guys really comparing this to “My Heart Will Go On” and “I Will Always Love You” ari1 

I wouldn’t go that far. eve1

Give it a decade and it will be in the same tier as those songs

tenor.gif?itemid=8335304

Edit: Maybe not IWALY, but MHWGO definitely

19 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Give it a decade and it will be in the same tier as those songs

tenor.gif?itemid=8335304

Edit: Maybe not IWALY, but MHWGO definitely

That simply won’t happen. The impact is not nearly the same.

My Heart Will Go On was one of the biggest hits of the 90s, fueled by the biggest movie of all time. That alone is something that “Shallow” will never have. The affiliation to the movie “Titanic” will forever keep it calibers ahead. Both the song and movie won much bigger awards and were more successful than Shallow/ASIB and Celine didn’t even need to star in Titanic to achieve this feat.

As for “I Will Always Love You,” that is the most recognizable pop ballad in modern history across the world and has had a life outside of the movie it’s affiliated to. It’s the biggest hit by the biggest voice of our generation. And her career and legacy is more successful than Gaga, thanks in large part to this song. Once again, this is something “Shallow” will never achieve. It won’t even be considered Gaga’s biggest hit.

”Shallow” has been a sleeper hit, just like the other duets I mentioned in my previous posts. It never dominated for months and months at its peak and broke records like those two iconic ballads did.

Wow I came in here to make a positive thread and thanks to the delusions running rampant as usual in here, I’ve had to downgrade and get you all in check.  nat1 

Well there you go oprah14 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.