Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Madonna

Madonna - Greatest Hits Concept

Okay, so Madonna's greatest hits are actually big sellers and they do rather well in streaming but lbr...the last two are lazy as SHIT. So, I was thinking...what if they actually continued the original idea of having "religious titles" for her greatest hits albums?

The Immaculate Collection

1. Holiday
  2. Lucky Star
  3. Borderline
  4. Like a Virgin
  5. Material Girl
  6. Crazy for You
  7. Into the Groove
  8. Live to Tell [Edit]*
  9. Papa Don't Preach
  10. True Blue [Remix Edit]*
  11. Open Your Heart
  12. La Isla Bonita
  13. Who's That Girl
  14. Like a Prayer [Album Edit]*
  15. Express Yourself
  16. Cherish
  17. Vogue
  18. Justify My Love
  19. Rescue Me

The Second Coming

1. This Used to Be My Playground [Barcelona Gold Edit]
  2. Erotica [Edit]
  3. Deeper and Deeper [Edit]
  4. Fever [Edit One]
  5. I'll Remember [Orbit Remix]
  6. Secret [Edit]
  7. Take a Bow [Edit]
  8. Bedtime Story [Edit]
  9. Human Nature [Video Version]
  10. You'll See [Edit]
  11. Don't Cry for Me Argentina [Miami Mix Edit]
  12. Frozen [Edit]
  13. Ray of Light [Edit]
  14. The Power of Good-Bye
  15. Beautiful Stranger [Radio Edit]
  16. American Pie
  17. Music [Edit w/o Intro]
  18. Don't Tell Me [Edit]

I would honestly take out TUTBMP and replace it with a new track...possibly something from the Music sessions but that's just me.

The Holy Trinity

This would be a box set released after MDNA to celebrate 30 years of Madonna including the previous volumes and a third disc with all the singles released after 2001. The deluxe version would include an additional disc with all he singles that were not included.

1. Die Another Day [Radio Edit]
  2. American Life [Unmixed]
  3. Hollywood [Unmixed]
  4. Nothing Fails [Radio Remix]
  5. Love Profusion [Album Version]
  6. Hung Up [Unmixed]
  7. Sorry [Unmixed]
  8. Get Together [Unmixed]
  9. Jump [Unmixed]
  10. 4 Minutes [Radio Edit]
  11. Give It 2 Me [Edit]
  12. Miles Away [Radio Edit]
  13. Masterpiece
  14. Girl Gone Wild [Radio Edit]
  15. I'm Addicted [Radio Edit]*
  16. Beautiful Killer*
  17. Celebration [Benny Benassi Edit as NEW Song]
  18. NEW Song produced by Avicii
  19. NEW Song produced by Avicii

*we are gonna pretend that these were the singles and that GMAYL and TUTR never happened.

What do you think? nat1 Do you have a different idea?

7 minutes ago, Lord Stoneheart said:

whoever was in charge of GHV2 needs to be put down, that compilation is an insult to her 93-01 catalogue tbfh. Even the name is shitty

It was Madonna herself. jj1 She was going through menopause and she wasn't here for that GH album AT ALL.  nicki5 She sabotaged it as much as she could.

- She hired someone to write an extremely sarcastic ROAST of her 90s catalogue for the liner notes in the booklet.

- She didn't bother to record any new tracks.

- She included songs that she liked instead of ACTUAL hits lol3 

Which song do you wish was on GHV2 but was left off?

I don’t. At the end of the day, if people want to hear a song, they can go get the record it was on. I don’t regret not having anything else on it (GHV2).

I am really pleased to have a new greatest hits collection from you but why aren’t there any new songs in GHV2?

Because they are my greatest hits. New songs would be false advertising because if it’s a new song, it wouldn’t be considered a greatest hit. That’s a little presumptuous isn’t it?

- She did this:

https://todayinmadonnahistory.com/2015/12/09/today-in-madonna-history-december-9/

On December 9 2001, Madonna presented the Turner Prize to artist Martin Creed at London’s Tate Britain gallery.

Madonna half-seriously plugged her greatest hits album, GHV2, before explaining her feelings of ambivalence towards the merit of awards in relation to the artistic process.

“Art is always at its best when there is no money, because art has nothing to do with money and everything to do with love. Like love, it can be inspiring, inexplicable, provocative and sometimes infuriating. Nevertheless, we can not live without it, so that is why I’m here – not because I think one artist is better than another, but because I want to support any artist who not only has something to say, but has the balls to say it. In a time when political correctness is valued over honesty, I would also like to say – right on motherfuckers! – everyone is a winner.”

Channel 4 unsuccessfully attempted to censor the speech during the live broadcast, and later issued an apology for Madonna’s choice of words, which aired prior to the 9pm watershed. Madonna later explained that she had not intended to use profanity until the producers asked to review the content of her speech prior to the broadcast, sparking her defiance.

7 hours ago, Madonna said:

It was Madonna herself. jj1 She was going through menopause and she wasn't here for that GH album AT ALL.  nicki5 She sabotaged it as much as she could.

- She hired someone to write an extremely sarcastic ROAST of her 90s catalogue for the liner notes in the booklet.

- She didn't bother to record any new tracks.

- She included songs that she liked instead of ACTUAL hits lol3 

- She did this:

https://todayinmadonnahistory.com/2015/12/09/today-in-madonna-history-december-9/

i know 😣😣😣

She was unhinged and delirious thinking she could be a movie star and doing every shitty script that came her way while her music career was a second thought. She was not thinking of her legacy which is strange considering how she loves to control her image and how she presents herself and her art.

On 3/22/2019 at 11:33 AM, Madonna said:

Okay, so Madonna's greatest hits are actually big sellers and they do rather well in streaming but lbr...the last two are lazy as SHIT. So, I was thinking...what if they actually continued the original idea of having "religious titles" for her greatest hits albums?

The Immaculate Collection

The Second Coming

The Holy Trinity

I love this and there could even be a bootleg entry called 666 for all her worst songs julia1

On 3/22/2019 at 1:19 PM, Régine Filange said:

I would add WIFLFAG instead of American Pie. gaga6 And One More Chance instead of Bedtime Story. gaga6

katy7

On 3/22/2019 at 2:29 PM, Madonna said:

The GHV2 is my favorite album booklet of all fucking time for two reasons:  those liner notes (which still fucking SEND me nicki5) and all the photos.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.