Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

Is Billie Eilish the next it girl?

Lana Del Rey lyrics + Lorde sound + freaky image. Thoughts? interesting1 I really like her music. Bellyache, Bury a Friend, Ocean Eyes kinda bawp.

Her new album When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?, is coming this week and it already reached 800k pre-saves on Apple Music, a record. I predict an insta #1 album. Is she the new it girl in music?

interesting1

Yes. Her album is predicted to rival Ariana’s debut which is absolutely insane given her lack of recognizable hits. 

I would say she’s the first true ‘album only artist’ that debuted in the streaming era. Sales are dead and it’s harder to determine what is an album artist, singles artist, or an artist who is both. But her tracks have huge overall streams despite no massive hits, giving her albums massive numbers, akin to how artists used to have big album sales without any hits.

I don’t care for her at all and am not a fan of her music/image, but no one can deny she’s probably only just now exploding in popularity and will get bigger.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Yes. Her album is predicted to rival Ariana’s debut which is absolutely insane given her lack of recognizable hits. 

I would say she’s the first true ‘album only artist’ that debuted in the streaming era. Sales are dead and it’s harder to determine what is an album artist, singles artist, or an artist who is both. But her tracks have huge overall streams despite no massive hits, akin to how artists used to have big album sales without any hits.

I don’t care for her at all and am not a fan of her music/image, but no one can deny she’s probably only just now exploding in popularity and will get bigger.

Not a single top 20 hit but an instant #1 album. wat1 We-

I'm definitely going to listen to the album but her ep feels like it was the start of something really unusual and unique that her newer stuff doesn't quite tap into the same  way. I mean "Ocean Eyes" makes her out to be this bizarrely effective internet-age Enya or smith, but now her stuff is much more abrasive and experimental in a way that's still compelling, but a little less alluring. She's definitely very talented, though, so I'm pleased she's been so successful.

Everything about ha screams FAKE to me, but will definitely listen to her debut. Love many songs already. She's marking a new gen in ways previous gals like Lana, Fiona and Avril did

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.