Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Satori

Questioning my life choices: /Light Years/ is good

As a resident no1curr member of this illustrious forum, I am not known for many things, but I have made it a point clap1 to shade a few albums consistently in my flop tenure here from two of my main gorls :  Erotica by Madonna and Light Years by Kween of gays Kylie Minogue. Well sistren this weekend I have seen the lighT lana6 and been convertedT. Light Years is good. clap2You were right; I was wrong bebe1; I'm sorry. 

Spoiler

Half of Erotten still smells like dead cat don't @ me.

I've been in the Al Kylieda since Fever and it's been a slow journey getting into some of the good sis' older material, and this album was the longest holdout. I've listened to it almost all weekend though because my opinion on a good half of the songs has decidedly changed. I've always loved On A Night Like This and Please Stay but here are sum thots on the others:

• Light Years the title track is fucking EYECONICK. gaga14 I can't stop listening to this song. It's produced so impeccably. Ugh Confessions is wet and waiting to make love with this masterpiece. 
  • I don't know what was wrong with me to not have realized how fucking amazing Kids is. kr1 I first heard this on Ultimate Kylie back in the day and always didn't like it but listening to it in the car I was straight up shooketh. A slayage. kylie6
  • Butterfly is so good. I associate this with Disco Down and the title track as a trinity of really intense trance-type bangerZ from Kylie. Gah I'd bust a hip in the klerb for these songs.
  • Koocachoo is.... not terrible? kylie9 I found myself listening to this song and calling the doctor because I enjoyed it. Same re Under the Influence of Love i- kylie11 How did I enjoy these? kylie9
  • I still don't like LoveBoat or Your Disco Needs Dick or I'm So High or Bittersweet Goodbye or So Now Goodbye though. LoveBoat I don't hate like I did, I get that it's meant to be fun and cute but I legit woke up after the first day of listening to this album again with it in my head and I wished for death all morning kylie10

Anyway, commence dragging me sia5 I guess sia2, or share other Kylie albums that took you a while to get into! sia3 This was the only one outside of her post-LGTI albums that I didn't like most of on first listen, and I know some people have said similar things about KMO, but I'm curious to hear about others. sia1

58 minutes ago, Satori said:

Light Years the title track is fucking EYECONICK. gaga14 I can't stop listening to this song. It's produced so impeccably. Ugh Confessions is wet and waiting to make love with this masterpiece. 

Ugh that sound is completely what COADF was trying to achievemad6

1 minute ago, Formation said:

Ugh that sound is completely what Confessions was trying to achievemad6

It lowkey reminds me of the Confessions tour version of Future Lovers, in that Madonna speak-narrates this long hypnotic trance masterpiece; Kylie's is much more club-ready and fun and celebratory though. There's a euphoria there that's all hers. Confessions is gorgeous and has a related but different mood, I think.

I really want Kylie to make a straight-up dance album next.

LoveBoat and Your Disco Needs You absolutely snatch me on at least 232 levels of existence oprah2 conversely, I’m one of the few that seems to genuinely dislike Spinning Around rip3 

Ugh taste oprah10 I feel like it's one of her most solid albums, both conceptually and quality wise. The only track I really don't care for is Bittersweet Goodbye... yes I bop to Kids and I'm So High every so often moo1 and Password is a regular play for me nat2

2 hours ago, Satori said:

Light Years the title track is fucking EYECONICK. gaga14 I can't stop listening to this song. It's produced so impeccably. Ugh Confessions is wet and waiting to make love with this masterpiece. 

As the resident stan of this song I must proclaim that taste has been observed gaga13gaga13gaga13

1 hour ago, Hylia said:

LoveBoat and Your Disco Needs You absolutely snatch me on at least 232 levels of existence oprah2 conversely, I’m one of the few that seems to genuinely dislike Spinning Around rip3 

Shaking at the irony. I hated Spinning Around for years but I started liking it more last year and I’m very fond of it now. Maybe the other two will hit me too one day. 

2 minutes ago, Light Years said:

As the resident stan of this song I must proclaim that taste has been observed gaga13gaga13gaga13

Ugh your mind and ugh her mind tbh.bari5 Song is a damn ODYSSEY. cry6 I’ve been at work the last few hours and I couldn’t wait to play it again in the car. 

1 minute ago, Satori said:

Ugh your mind and ugh her mind tbh.bari5 Song is a damn ODYSSEY. cry6 I’ve been at work the last few hours and I couldn’t wait to play it again in the car. 

I've been perchedt for her to do it live again but she hasn't done it since 2009 moo12

6 minutes ago, Light Years said:

I've been perchedt for her to do it live again but she hasn't done it since 2009 moo12

I have yet to see homegirl live but if she does this one or Breathe or ItB when I finally get a chance I will DIEEEEEE

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.