Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ruthless Love

Chicago PD Drop Charges Against Jussie Smollett

$

In a stunning reversal, Cook County prosecutors on Tuesday dropped all charges against "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett on disorderly conduct charges for allegedly staging a phony attack and claiming he was the victim of a hate crime.

“We believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case,” a prosecutor said in announcing the dismissal of all 16 counts.

There had been no clue that prosecutors planned the about-face move before the announcement. A publicist for Smollett’s attorney was the first to notify the news media Tuesday morning, issuing an alert that did not elaborate on the nature of the emergency.

Moments after Judge Steven Watkins allowed the dismissal, attorneys for Smollett issued a statement.

"Today, all criminal charges against Jussie Smollett were dropped and his record has been wiped clean of the filing of this tragic complaint against him,” the statement said. “Jussie was attacked by two people he was unable to identify on January 29th. He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgement.

Chicago Tribune

5 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

This is so damn confusing. If he made up the crime then why are the charges being dropped?

Because he didn't make up the crime and the police doesn't have enough evidence to prove that he did. They (CPD) are trying to cover up the fact that they are lying...wendy1

1 minute ago, sofia said:

Because he didn't make up the crime and the police doesn't have enough evidence to prove that he did. They (CPD) are trying to cover up the fact that they are lying...wendy1

I mean that's where my train of thought is going. But how did the CPD conclude he made the crime up so confidently, to the point of filing charges against him, if they didn't have any evidence? This is a mess.

2 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

I mean that's where my train of thought is going. But how did the CPD conclude he made the crime up so confidently, to the point of filing charges against him, if they didn't have any evidence? This is a mess.

It is the same department that covered up shooting Laquan McDonald over a dozen times and operated an off-site torture facility. So I'm not really surprised. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.