Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Mariah's 19 #1s

Taylor's flop era vs Ariana's peak...

1 hour ago, Popboi said:

A "mildly successful era" that pulled 10 MILLION SPS outside US, more than almost ALL the female eras this entire decade, reputation did more outside US than almost every latest female album, including Gaga, Katy, Madonna, Mariah, Kesha, and more. Taylor only has 2 local albums (her debut and Speak Now) and that's factual.

reputation is at over 7 million SPS worldwide, that's more than A Star Is Born, Anti, Sweetener + thank u, next (combined, so far), Lemonade, Beautiful Trauma, with a tour that rivaled Sticky & Sweet Tour, if that's a strong sign of fading... the other girls got bad news.

Take your delusion glasses off please.

Clock it lol3 reputation did more outside the US than almost every other girl’s latest album but because the US is her biggest market and she moved 3-4M there too it somehow makes her local despite international success as big/bigger than the ‘global’ girls lol3 where’s the logic? 

Reputation also opened with nearly 400k units outside of the US which is more than any other girl does sans Adele, literally. I think the issue is most of the racist gays on here/ATRL/etc. think European success is the only way to determine globalness. Taylor is literally the biggest female pop star in Asia, China especially which is a massive market now (only western act to have two 3x Diamond albums there btw), and if more sources included their figures she’d obliterate everyone. Though Chartmasters which the gays love to use announced they’re about to start including Chinese digital sales so her stats are about to skyrocket, I can understand the panicking from certain people lol3 

As for the topic at hand - I don’t think reputation is bigger than TUN overall, let’s not be delusional, but they are about equal and it’s not debatable. I’m team sps all the way but TUN won’t surpass Rep despite its lukewarm sps numbers so that says all you need to know, plus it has the second highest grossing female tour EVER attached to it. Ariana has streaming and multiple recognizable smash hits though so it gives her enough points to pretty much equal her out this time. It doesn’t really make any sense to compare these though and 1989/TUN is the more comparable option since they’re both their 5th eras and 6 years in vs. 8 years is more fair than 6 years in vs. 11 years.

On 3/29/2019 at 9:52 PM, Madonna said:

Taylor = local with barely any international hit singles and only one mildly successful era.

Ariana = Rising international appeal with the last three albums, one of the most successful female artists from the streaming era. 

Taylor is fading, sis. You can try it as much as you want but her last album was a strong indicator of her fading appeal.

The only thing that could make Ariana more global are her chart positions outside of the US. They both have more than 100 million followers on Instagram and Taylor grossed hundreds of millions of dollars with several tours. We'll have to see what Sweetener World Tour will donat1

A lot of people know Taylor Swift, Look What You Made Me Do hit #1 in more than 15 countries. Reputation was local due to lack of promotion. Her tour which would have topped Madges Sticky & Sweet Tour if it would have more concerts definitely affirms her status of a fading artistmad5 

7 minutes ago, Littleswiftie said:

The only thing that could make Ariana more global are her chart positions outside of the US. They both have more than 100 million followers on Instagram and Taylor grossed hundreds of millions of dollars with several tours. We'll have to see what Sweetener World Tour will donat1

A lot of people know Taylor Swift, Look What You Made Me Do hit #1 in more than 15 countries. Reputation was local due to lack of promotion. Her tour which would have topped Madges Sticky & Sweet Tour if it would have more concerts definitely affirms her status of a fading artistmad5 

Ummmmm the ONLY reason Taylor almost outgrossed M's tour was because of the exorbitantly high ticket prices (she's gotten dragged for that before) which were aiming at breaking that record. ny12 Still didn't manage to do that! whit1 

6 hours ago, Madonna said:

Ummmmm the ONLY reason Taylor almost outgrossed M's tour was because of the exorbitantly high ticket prices (she's gotten dragged for that before) which were aiming at breaking that record. ny12 Still didn't manage to do that! whit1 

If that's what she aimed to do she could have done it almost effortlessly. All she would have needed to do was add a few more dates rih4

6 hours ago, Madonna said:

She was still $131m behind if you compare the adjusted grossess too. She needed at least 20 more big stadium shows to outgross Madge.  

On 3/31/2019 at 9:48 PM, Jjang said:

She was still $131m behind if you compare the adjusted grossess too. She needed at least 20 more big stadium shows to outgross Madge.  

That would still be less total concerts than Sticky & Sweet World Tour hadari11

18 minutes ago, Littleswiftie said:

That would still be less total concerts than Sticky & Sweet World Tour hadari11

True, but the fact that Madonna managed to tour a lot of smaller & less traditional markets with S&S and still break attendance and gross records makes it more impressive to me. ari11

21 hours ago, Jjang said:

True, but the fact that Madonna managed to tour a lot of smaller & less traditional markets with S&S and still break attendance and gross records makes it more impressive to me. ari11

But Taylor could let all of her 53 stadiums sell out while losing a lot of fans before with the Kimye controversy which lead to people arranging a successful "#taylorswiftisoverparty". Making your tickets expensive would lead to a smaller audience, but she still managed to let ten thousands of people come to her shows every nighttay1 Also, she didn't need Britney Spears freaking out in an elevator neither was comparing John McCain to Adolf Hitler necessary to sell out tickets. Instead, she put a snake in front of the stage which got unnoticed by the media, aka it didn't let the ticket sales skyrocket that much. I love Madonna but it's time to realise two other major artists (Taylor and Beyoncé) are going to take the crown of touring queen VERY SOONbey2

we know taylor is a albums sales juggernaut. this is not brand new information. remember she appeals  to a huge mass audience, inclusive of country fans and pop fans. same with adele.

ariana is still the 'it' girl right now and those are great numbers!

2 hours ago, Oblivia said:

we know taylor is a albums sales juggernaut. this is not brand new information. remember she appeals  to a huge mass audience, inclusive of country fans and pop fans. same with adele.

ariana is still the 'it' girl right now and those are great numbers!

She's the 'it' girl with barely any competition and lacklustre sales 

5 hours ago, Littleswiftie said:

But Taylor could let all of her 53 stadiums sell out while losing a lot of fans before with the Kimye controversy which lead to people arranging a successful "#taylorswiftisoverparty". Making your tickets expensive would lead to a smaller audience, but she still managed to let ten thousands of people come to her shows every nighttay1 Also, she didn't need Britney Spears freaking out in an elevator neither was comparing John McCain to Adolf Hitler necessary to sell out tickets. Instead, she put a snake in front of the stage which got unnoticed by the media, aka it didn't let the ticket sales skyrocket that much. I love Madonna but it's time to realise two other major artists (Taylor and Beyoncé) are going to take the crown of touring queen VERY SOONbey2

Madonna is still alive and active! ari4 She could announce a Greatest Hits/Farewell Tour and easily claim that record for herself again. Taylor's commercial appeal is literally fading and she isn't as successful/well-received outside of the US. Beyoncé's next album might not do as well either looking at Everything Is a Scam. People aren't gonna stream her shit on TIDAL and the new generation can't be bothered to go into record stores these days. As a result, the next tour might also not draw as big numbers as the Lemonade Tour.

39 minutes ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

She's the 'it' girl with barely any competition and lacklustre sales 

because no one cares for pop girls, making it more impressive because pop girls aren't successful really in this climate - unless you're kinda edgy. no one is doing ari numbers apart from of the girls mentioned who are the two album sellers of this gen.

Just now, Oblivia said:

because no one cares for pop girls, making it more impressive because pop girls aren't successful really in this climate - unless you're kinda edgy. no one is doing ari numbers apart from of the girls mentioned who are the two album sellers of this gen.

With "barely any competition". Because the competition flopped next to Ari's current competition which are male acts like Post Malone, Halsey ( jj2 ) among others.

On 4/4/2019 at 8:30 AM, Littleswiftie said:

Are you seriously comparing the snake drama to even the slightest Madonna controversy? jj1 She didn't need Britney Spears but she brought out a celebrity on stage almost every night? jj1 And I don't get your logic, like... at all. Are you like 14-16? How is displaying fucking Hitler everynight on stage in areas where that shit is still deeply mourned over (such as Israel, duh) gonna help her sell tickets? brit12 She almost had her shows cancelled due to them, if you didn't know. To even think of comparing Taylor's white cookie cutter Americana image to Madonna's lana3 Offensive but laughable. At least Madonna got political during her tours and didn't wait to word her opinion when they were over 'cause she was scared of the hit in ticket sales like miss little TayTay brit9 Taylor and Beyonce are the biggest of their generation, but they're still not on the same level Madonna and Tina Turner were back in the day and just their sheer power internationally. Economy and the touring business were vastly different back then, and those 80's/90's tours would have been x10 bigger gross wise these days. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-attended_concerts

I don't see Taylor on this list. mad8 

Individual City Shows:

1) Madonna - Sticky & Sweet Tour: Helsinki 85,354/85,354 $12,148,455

2) Madonna - Sticky & Sweet Tour: London 73,349 / 73,349 $11,796,540

3) Madonna - Confessions Tour: Denmark 85,232/85,232 $11,435,199

4) Madonna - Sticky & Sweet Tour: Zurich 70,314/70,314 $11,093,631

5) Madonna - Sticky & Sweet Tour: Athens 75,637/75,637 $9,030,440

6) Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift's reputation Stadium Tour: Nashville 56,112/56,112 $9,007,179

7) Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift's reputation Stadium Tour: Seattle 56,021/56,021 $8,672,219

8 ) Celine Dion - Taking Chances World Tour: Ireland 61,746/61,746 $8,650,493

9) Madonna - Sticky & Sweet Tour: Vienna 57,002 / 57,002 $8,140,858

10) Madonna - MDNA Tour: Quebec City 70,569/70,569 $8,098,292

11) Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift's reputation Stadium Tour: Denver 57,140/57,140 $7,926,365

12) Madonna - Confessions Tour: Wales 55,795/55,795 $7,788,845

13) Barbra Streisand - Streisand: Las Vegas 15,317/15,317 $7,730,162

14) Madonna - MDNA Tour: Porto Alegre 42,524/42,524 $7,578,191

15) Beyoncé - Formation World Tour: Ireland 68,575/68,575 $7,449,942

And these grosses are not adjusted, had they been adjusted Madonna would have occupied the entire top 10. mad8

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

She didn't need Britney Spears but she brought out a celebrity on stage almost every night? jj1

At the 1989 tour yes, she brought out lots of guests, but she only brought out like 6 at the Rep Tour. Most shows had no guests, international ones included.

Anyway Madonna is clearly the most impressive female touring act ever. I’m not sure why this is a debate. Taylor/Bey both have international power (and they probably don’t exercise it as well as they could by refusing to tour more extensively smh) and are clearly the biggest this decade, but they’re still not on Madonna’s level. She literally sold out stadiums across the globe 25 years into her career lol3 

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

At the 1989 tour yes, she brought out lots of guests, but she only brought out like 6 at the Rep Tour. Most shows had no guests, international ones included.

Anyway Madonna is clearly the most impressive female touring act ever. I’m not sure why this is a debate. Taylor/Bey both have international power (and they probably don’t exercise it as well as they could by refusing to tour more extensively smh) and are clearly the biggest this decade, but they’re still not on Madonna’s level. She literally sold out stadiums across the globe 25 years into her career lol3 

I was just blocking his ignorance with a little bit of my own (him saying that Madonna having Britney in the background during Human Nature helps her sell stadiums when Britney herself can't do that) lana3

I think both Bey and Taylor are monster touring acts, and Bey might have proven herself more in this regard than Taylor but what impressed me most about Madonna's touring power in comparison to other Pop stars' is that she can visit minor markets and still pull monster shows whereas 99% Pop stars visit the money making, traditional venues (US - England - Sydney - Tokyo... you get the memmo) most likely for profit reasons but also 'cause these areas and venues are notorious for holding out concerts and that in itself is promo. When you visit less established markets you rely almost 100% on your name alone to sell. Madonna sold more than 600k tickets in Wembley stadium alone her first three tours, but her being able to sell 50k+ tickets in places like Tel Aviv, Istanbul, Turin, Horsens, Düsseldorf, Athens, Budva, Vienna, Lisbon, Valencia, Seville, Frankfurt, Santiago, Wertcher, Udine, Zaragoza, Oslo, Tallinn, Helsinki, Gothenburg, Budapest, Belgrade, Bucharest, Sofia, Abu Dhabi, Coimbra, Kiev, Medellín and so on so on is a bigger feat IMO. gaga12

8 minutes ago, Jjang said:

I was just blocking his ignorance with a little bit of my own (him saying that Madonna having Britney in the background during Human Nature helps her sell stadiums when Britney herself can't do that) lana3

I think both Bey and Taylor are monster touring acts, and Bey might have proven herself more in this regard than Taylor but what impressed me most about Madonna's touring power in comparison to other Pop stars' is that she can visit minor markets and still pull monster shows whereas 99% Pop stars visit the money making, traditional venues (US - England - Sydney - Tokyo... you get the memmo) most likely for profit reasons but also 'cause these areas and venues are notorious for holding out concerts and that in itself is promo. When you visit less established markets you rely almost 100% on your name alone to sell. Madonna sold more than 600k tickets in Wembley stadium alone her first three tours, but her being able to sell 50k+ tickets in places like Tel Aviv, Istanbul, Turin, Horsens, Düsseldorf, Athens, Budva, Vienna, Lisbon, Valencia, Seville, Frankfurt, Santiago, Wertcher, Udine, Zaragoza, Oslo, Tallinn, Helsinki, Gothenburg, Budapest, Belgrade, Bucharest, Sofia, Abu Dhabi, Coimbra, Kiev, Medellín and so on so on is a bigger feat IMO. gaga12

I totally agree with you jj2

Madonna’s touring history is insanely impressive. She has a demand pretty much anywhere and not just in big cities, plus I respect her for actually going to those places instead of just the big cash grab cities. That’s one thing that’s always bothered me about the newer girls like Bey and Taylor (more-so Taylor - just look at the tour dates for the RST). They only go to the biggest cities to maxamize profit. I couldn’t care less about Bey but I hope Taylor does a proper global tour next time, since she could easily play arenas in areas she’s not quite as big in. Won’t hold my breath at all though lol3 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.