Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

BJORK

Pinkeye Billie's LP is shite

... amazing promo & main singles

... visuals on point

... high expectations

All gone to waste, this thing will age by next week. Jesus what were the label thinking ari7 Sure, it'll sell and steam high but the long term is gonna be sour burn1

28 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

high streams and sales are supposed to be.. ya know, accolades of artistic excellence! billie eilish is not.. excellent

on pointé, precisèly!

16 minutes ago, imahunter said:

She looks like she doesn’t shower 

Billie needs bars

3 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

Imagine Billie trying to have an ounce of the artistry Björk has lmfao2 

I don’t have to imagine when she’ll be forgotten in few years lol3 

Björk was slaying entire music industry with her artistry before Billie could even name shit a “poo poo”

Idk, I always thought the GP's tastes were problematic

• They stanned Gaga at her weakest but most 'mainstream' point (ASIB) and neglected her on her most detailed project (ARTPOP)
  • No matter how many shitty things Cardi does, she's still in people's mouths because its cool to side against Nicki while she's at a low point
  • Cancel culture within stan culture is subjective; Poppy stalked and harassed Mars Argo for years but isn't cancelled and still has many stans in the Gaga community, Kim Petras simply worked with someone that has allegations and she's generally looked down upon, Cardi B like I mentioned is still gonna be getting that $$$ after admitting to drugging and robbing men
  • People will only allow one woman of a genre to shine on the charts at one time; As of most recent, Cardi has been the main female rapper (previously Nicki), Ariana has been the main pop girl (previously Taylor, Ava next?) and Halsey has been the main alt girl (previously Sia etc, now Billie?); 999 men can chart at once but in 2013 for example, Katy and Gaga weren't allowed to share the spotlight because they're both in the same category, and you were forced to pick a side

Just off the top of my head

17 minutes ago, Venom said:

Idk, I always thought the GP's tastes were problematic

• They stanned Gaga at her weakest but most 'mainstream' point (ASIB) and neglected her on her most detailed project (ARTPOP)
  • No matter how many shitty things Cardi does, she's still in people's mouths because its cool to side against Nicki while she's at a low point
  • Cancel culture within stan culture is subjective; Poppy stalked and harassed Mars Argo for years but isn't cancelled and still has many stans in the Gaga community, Kim Petras simply worked with someone that has allegations and she's generally looked down upon, Cardi B like I mentioned is still gonna be getting that $$$ after admitting to drugging and robbing men
  • People will only allow one woman of a genre to shine on the charts at one time; As of most recent, Cardi has been the main female rapper (previously Nicki), Ariana has been the main pop girl (previously Taylor, Ava next?) and Halsey has been the main alt girl (previously Sia etc, now Billie?); 999 men can chart at once but in 2013 for example, Katy and Gaga weren't allowed to share the spotlight because they're both in the same category, and you were forced to pick a side

Just off the top of my head

You sure this came from the top of your head and not the bottom of your ass? jj1 

Just now, Madonna said:

You sure this came from the top of your head and not the bottom of your ass? jj1 

I also think Beyonce's untalented, annoying, calculated, unoriginal, repulsive and people worship her for no reason but thats for another thread moo10

1 minute ago, Venom said:

I also think Beyonce's untalented, annoying, calculated, unoriginal, repulsive and people worship her for no reason but thats for another thread moo10

You sure have a lot of unpopular opinions for a lot of BG threads. jj1  Keep them coming, sis! The forum needs some activity. lol3 

Billie’s like a hybrid of Lana and Lorde and those with taste appreciate her. jj2 

Some of the negative reactions here seem so cursory and thoughtless tbh. jj4 Like they listened one time just to (barely) contextualize a drag. The album is clearly one that unfolds on repeated listen. jj3 Just because it’s not main-pop-girl type material doesn’t mean it’s boring or overhyped, it means it’s nuanced and clearly not for everyone, but homegirl is enjoying success right now because she’s a decidedly alternative offering.  

She also has a gorgeous voice and could easily have another music-related career if alt-queen stardom fails her so jj1go awf. 

6 minutes ago, Venom said:

Good grief. Beyoncé hate on this forum so easily exposes itself as unobjective. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.