Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

i wish you were gay

Christina's Acceptance Message for Ally for Equality Award

Here is her Acceptance Message

Since the very beginning of my career I have leaned on the LGBTQ+ community for support, friendship, joy and acceptance. I have found the most solace and unimaginable strength in my friends who identify as queer, and I have crawled out of some of my darkest times thanks to the small group of people I surround myself with - fellow dancers, glam artists, and creatives who I realize are overcoming obstacles of their own - the fights for freedom, the struggles for equality, and prayers for acceptance.

I think the reason why I connect so deeply with this community is my intense love for anyone who is grateful and passionate to be living as their true selves. I thrive in the company of other humans who are proud of individuality, authenticity and creativity. I wore piercings when society told me to be fresh faced. I kissed girls when executives told me fans would look away. I helped give attention to gay relationships and eating disorders and phobias when they were mostly taboo. What I realize is that I would not have had the power to be where I am today without the return acceptance from those who, like myself, were labeled as ‘other’.

While these social relationships leave me satisfied and fulfilled, I can’t help but acknowledge the struggle to get where we are today. The activists on the front lines of change have created a world for my friends to also thrive. These forward steps would truly not be possible without the perseverance of the Human Rights Campaign. I recognize there are still so many hurdles ahead, but to realize how far we’ve come and that my voice and presence has made an impact thus far is more fulfilling than words can express. To be acknowledged by the HRC Los Angeles - our leaders who fight for equality - is an honor I accepted with much gratitude. I am unfortunately unable to attend in person tonight, but I look forward to continuing my support of, for and with the HRC.

As I reflect on what this HRC honor means, I extend my hand to each hero who helped me throughout their own times of struggle and growth. Because each time I was uplifted, I was energized with ability to create music that gives back. This cycle of love and friendship is what will inspire me to continue making music for you - and that’s a promise

Such a true queen.

2 hours ago, BackToBasics said:

Too bad she couldn't attend. I'm curious what happened because her attendence had been confirmed I believe jj3

I don't know either. Maybe it's related to ha personal life. Or maybe something came up with ha tour that ha staff needed ha to tend to it. Either way, it was a good acceptance message.

5 hours ago, tomás said:

it's cute but i hate when ppl try to include themselves into the narrative. how was a straight, white, cis woman seen as "other"? bey8

She said she was bisexual in 2010 and is referring in this very message about making out with women. Pretty sure she's not straight.

Also I think she was simply referring to being true to yourself and do what you want to do/be instead of doing what the majority tell u to

31 minutes ago, Portia said:

She said she was bisexual in 2010 and is referring in this very message about making out with women. Pretty sure she's not straight.

Also I think she was simply referring to being true to yourself and do what you want to do/be instead of doing what the majority tell u to

This. she was regarded as a bad influence during the stripped era, hence she was ostracized by the GP.

3 hours ago, RED ANGELO said:

I have a feeling she diid not attend because she is on her "losing the weight stage" again. katy8

almost 3 months in hiding mode, reminds me of 2013 when she hides for 4 months straight then boom! 

4rAF.gif

if she comes this snatched! she better have the stamina to back this body up. i need B2B/2007 energy.  

On 4/1/2019 at 7:47 AM, Portia said:

She's married to a man and had 2 children. never really was outspoken about being bisexual, i'm a fan and didn't even know. be it she's straight or not (which i honestly think she most likely is), she's absolutely seen as one 

19 hours ago, tomás said:

She's married to a man and had 2 children. never really was outspoken about being bisexual, i'm a fan and didn't even know. be it she's straight or not (which i honestly think she most likely is), she's absolutely seen as one 

Xtina has said that she ultimately prefers men but has long experimented with women sexually throughout her career, so she's sexually fluid and definitely not straight. I also think she included herself to prove what she's done throughout the years to deserve the award, which was incorporate the LGBTQ community in her music and career since 2002

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.