Miley recieves backlash for climbing a tree

Darth Sidious    7,936

On the one hand, it’s a tree.

On the other, it’s not like she’s climbing an oak tree. Dismissing it is like dismissing cheetah hunting because those poor hunters need something flashy to put on their wall. 

Americunt    15,778
7 minutes ago, Entea said:

It's not she's hacking the trees down...

The thing is that these trees are incredibly fragile. They have shallow root systems due to the fact that they only grow in the desert and if she'd climbed it at the wrong point, there's a very real possibility she could've uprooted it.

Venom    5,767

I guess the pics are old and the damage is done, but I'm sure she had no idea and assumed it was just like climbing a normal tree katy8

This particular comment lowkey pissed me off tho:

sub-buzz-15120-1554299907-7.jpg?downsize=800:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

Like??? It's not her job to be a perfect role model. She's a human person who has chosen to work as actress and a musician for her careers, and as a normal human being, she should be allowed to make mistakes and learn from them. To call her out on a more personal level by saying that it's her responsibility to know all the facts about every type of tree so that she can set an example by sitting on the correct one? That's pretty ridiculous creep1

Umbreon    4,211
1 hour ago, Venom said:

I guess the pics are old and the damage is done, but I'm sure she had no idea and assumed it was just like climbing a normal tree katy8

sub-buzz-15120-1554299907-7.jpg?downsize=800:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

Like??? It's not her job to be a perfect role model. She's a human person who has chosen to work as actress and a musician for her careers, and as a normal human being, she should be allowed to make mistakes and learn from them. To call her out on a more personal level by saying that it's her responsibility to know all the facts about every type of tree so that she can set an example by sitting on the correct one? That's pretty ridiculous creep1

I guarantee you 99% of the social justice keyboard warriors bashing her had no clue what a Joshua tree was until one person said something about it, then they went to Wikipedia to check. katy8

Everyone nowadays acts so much smarter than everyone else hiding behind their keyboards. Humans make mistakes. Miley climbed a tree she shouldn’t have but didn’t know. The whole “holier than thou” attitude SJWs have on social media is cancerous. katy8 

Jake    15,580

if the trees had a warning sign like "don't climb bc fragile" I think it'd be justified but I doubt she even knew these things were sensitive. direct your anger somewhere else

attitude    805

The online SJWs won't be happy until we're all sequestered in our houses for the rest of our lives. 

Chris Morlock    42,699
8 hours ago, Venom said:

yeah that comment made me wanna delete my internet fall9 

6 hours ago, Umbreon said:

I guarantee you 99% of the social justice keyboard warriors bashing her had no clue what a Joshua tree was until one person said something about it, then they went to Wikipedia to check. katy8

Everyone nowadays acts so much smarter than everyone else hiding behind their keyboards. Humans make mistakes. Miley climbed a tree she shouldn’t have but didn’t know. The whole “holier than thou” attitude SJWs have on social media is cancerous. katy8 

100% accurate.