Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

Post your happiest and saddest song

I know this is battlegrounds, however i wanted to answer seriously.... 

Sad Happy

tumblr_oq2bkxld6w1uzvudxo4_r1_250.gif

Petals

Image result for mariah carey honey

Honey

Honey really gets me in a good move when i'm feeling depressed, it's by far my favourite song.

Petals is just haunting, it's really not your typical ballad the way it's written, just how reflective it makes you feel. Even from the opening lines it can get you.

"I've often wondered if there's ever been a perfect family, I've always longed for undividedness and sought stability.

A flower taught me how to pray, but as I grew, that flower changed, she started failing in the wind, like golden petals scattering"

Even the vocal delivery and instrumental arrangement is haunting. Easily the best written/produced track on Rainbow.

Happy:  Many many songs that I rely on almost daily, but for a while now the main one has been “Ray of Light,” which is a song that’s fixed my broken heart many times. It’s very much a self-love song, I think. I never associate it with relationships. For me it’s always been more about contenment, letting go of resentment and angst, and choosing to enjoy the time I’ve been given. 

Spoiler

Some others that come to mind are Dancing On My Own, Anything Could Happen, Shake It Out, Breathe (by Kylie), Now We Are Free by Lisa Gerard and Hans Zimmer, Eperdu by goddess Sarah Brightman, and Ripple (by iamamiwhoami)

Sad:  The End of Love and Caught by Florence, both of which just end me. 

Spoiler

Also Ellie Goulding’s Dead in the Water, The Last Dancer by iamamiwhoami, Dark Road by Annie Lennox

Happy: 

IMO one of the most if not the most lyrical love song I’ve ever heard in my life. Beautiful chords, subtle vocals and great lyrics make the experience. 

If you’re into singer-songwriters and you don’t know who’s Nick Drake you better get into his discography. 

Sad: 

No caption needed.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.