Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jrdn

Mariah's best live performances

I just thought i'd make a new thread for posting our favourite Mariah performances, I'm not asking for her best live vocals, but rather just your favourite overall performances from her.

Here are some of mine. I could have posted more, however i want to see what others think first. 

My All - Diva's Live 1998

I love how the song transitions from the beautiful ballad that is My All through to the "Slaymix". Mariah was on fire here and those hair pieces were everything.

Make It Happen - Madison Square Garden 1995 (undubbed)

I wish this was in higher quality, it really doesn't require any further comment.

Make It Happen - Live 8 2005

Another performance that will forever be skinny, her voice wasn't the best here (i believe she was sick that night), however her attitude and energy pulled through. 

Vision Of Love - Zurich 2003

Another poorer quality but golden performance, easily her best post-prime VOL. The added whistles and the guy in the audience having an orgasm at the end was everything.

You & I - Stevie Wonder Tribute 2002

Mariah ones again proves she's a superhuman, some of the facial expressions during this crack me up, especially at 4:17. However the low notes are unbelievable. 

Spoiler

LG6Fcvl.png

14 minutes ago, Royale said:

If It's Over Grammys & SNL.

From 2010 on though, I'd say that my favorite is the one below. 2013 was THAT year!

I hadn't heard that one before, OMG yes! I love the transition she does in the second verse!

2013 was probably her best year this decade. 2016 was also amazing vocally. 

Just now, I Brings That Levity said:

I hadn't heard that one before, OMG yes! I love the transition she does in the second verse!

2013 was probably her best year this decade. 2016 was also amazing vocally. 

I love this version of Love Takes Time! I'm discovering CLG as well. And yes you're right. I wish she'd get back to this agility and I kinda want to discuss with y'all about what do you think changed about her voice this decade. The transition from the MIAM era to the Infinity era is huge and I don't think we'll get back to what she used to deliver in 2013 as she's getting older.

On 4/8/2019 at 7:21 PM, Royale said:

I love this version of Love Takes Time! I'm discovering CLG as well. And yes you're right. I wish she'd get back to this agility and I kinda want to discuss with y'all about what do you think changed about her voice this decade. The transition from the MIAM era to the Infinity era is huge and I don't think we'll get back to what she used to deliver in 2013 as she's getting older.

Late reply...

Yes, 2013 really was the year of agility and attempts. Probably the most agile period of her career. Without going in to detail she's at the age where the body starts to go through a process of change. So i'd suspect that's the reason why her voice changed so much between MIAM & Infinity. I'd say vocally right now Mariah is improving massively, the only issue i see is sustaining those upper belts on faster songs and VOL. The strange thing is she always pulls off My All flawlessly. I think if she tried to be a little less pushy she'd maybe find it easier. Her tone this year has gotten much lighter too.  

All that being said i think her main issue is anxiety. Some of the vocals she's pulled off this year when relaxed are simply amazing. The live Snippets of Melt Away & Slipping Away being prime examples

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.