Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

Will TS7 do better than Thank U, Next?

21 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Heres one for you as well ari9

Don’t forget to wank yourself off to that boring ass vertical video you have in your avi xx

Just now, Freaky Prince said:

Shouldn't you be anticipating Madonna's Chantaje for some quick lil Europe airplay?

wqDSZsM.gif

How long do you expect me to anticipate something? I don't devote several months of my time to open a M14 thread every week on two or more forum simultaneously. Especially not if the only purpose is to delude myself into believing that the new album will follow a certain direction that I have in my mind. I'm sure you agree that this would be a total waste of time. jj2  

wqDSZsM.gif

7 hours ago, Taylor said:

Bigger all around? Maybe, her album will move more units because of her pure sales and the tour will be way bigger. But she won’t do as well on streaming and she won’t have a 1-2 punch as big as TUN/7R, though her streaming will definitely be better than Rep now that she’s on a label that knows how to handle it. I’m here for her proving me wrong though of course, but she’s on her 13th year and 7th album. Not setting my expectations astronomically high, plus a #1 and a big album/tour will already be amazing all things considered.

sis if she goes back to 1989 routes and plays it safe (1989 was 'safe' but absolutely brilliant, pure pop, and the videos/era SLAYED) then she will demolish ariana. even with risque material (by her standards) she breaks records (even with her like 4th/5th single delicate recently) and people are interested, listen and buy her material. with safe pop material then that will only mean she will get way more success and continued longevity 

people forget TUN is ariana's peak, reputation probably won't even be in taylor's 3 biggest eras when it's all said and done but look how it still turned out...

Reputation vs TUN in US sales

Week 1: 1.238M vs. 360K

Week 2: 256K vs. 151K

Week 3: 147K vs. 116K

Week 4: 112K vs. 86K

Week 5: 110K vs. 73.5K

Week 6: 121K vs. 66K

15 minutes ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

sis if she goes back to 1989 routes and plays it safe (1989 was 'safe' but absolutely brilliant, pure pop, and the videos/era SLAYED) then she will demolish ariana. even with risque material (by her standards) she breaks records (even with her like 4th/5th single delicate recently) and people are interested, listen and buy her material. with safe pop material then that will only mean she will get way more success and continued longevity 

people forget TUN is ariana's peak, reputation probably won't even be in taylor's 3 biggest eras when it's all said and done but look how it still turned out...

Reputation vs TUN in US sales

Week 1: 1.238M vs. 360K

Week 2: 256K vs. 151K

Week 3: 147K vs. 116K

Week 4: 112K vs. 86K

Week 5: 110K vs. 73.5K

Week 6: 121K vs. 66K

This era will be bigger than reputation yes so by default it’ll be bigger than TUN in quite a few metrics, but I’m just keeping my expectations low. They were low for Rep and then they got way too high when LWYMMD came out and I ended up disappointed dead2 

Plus she’s almost 30, 13 years into her career and this is her 7th album so I don’t expect another repeak. Maybe a Red level success but more global.

14 minutes ago, Taylor said:

This era will be bigger than reputation yes so by default it’ll be bigger than TUN in quite a few metrics, but I’m just keeping my expectations low. They were low for Rep and then they got way too high when LWYMMD came out and I ended up disappointed dead2 

Plus she’s almost 30, 13 years into her career and this is her 7th album so I don’t expect another repeak. Maybe a Red level success but more global.

she's on a waaaaay bigger label now too with a lot more power/influence

24 minutes ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

she's on a waaaaay bigger label now too with a lot more power/influence

As far as star power, definitely. Her tour will be massive (at least as big as the Rep Tour) and she will have the biggest single and album sales week of the year until Adele releases. Plus, I’m sure she’ll do some kind of unique album bundling/packaging to ensure big sales again, and if she has proper streaming support that’ll give her longevity. 

But as far as her singles go - don’t expect a TUN/7R 1-2 punch. The lead is mostly likely going to go #1 and if she releases another single before the album (which Republic is known to do) that could too, but I don’t foresee them being on the level of Shake It Off or Blank Space. So just don’t get your hopes up that she’s going to obliterate the charts with her singles, she probably won’t. I mean at this point in most big artists’ careers they were getting trailed by the newer artists on the singles charts but still pulled huge touring numbers and album numbers. That’s the route Taylor’s headed down, though this is her last chance to have another massive era and she’ll probably pull all the stops to make that happen.

Anyway, sorry for the essay lmao dead2 just trying to approach this era with low expectations which everyone sans usual detractors should. It’s always the eras that aren’t expected to be massive that end up being massive anyway jj2 

31 minutes ago, Taylor said:

As far as star power, definitely. Her tour will be massive (at least as big as the Rep Tour) and she will have the biggest single and album sales week of the year until Adele releases. Plus, I’m sure she’ll do some kind of unique album bundling/packaging to ensure big sales again, and if she has proper streaming support that’ll give her longevity. 

But as far as her singles go - don’t expect a TUN/7R 1-2 punch. The lead is mostly likely going to go #1 and if she releases another single before the album (which Republic is known to do) that could too, but I don’t foresee them being on the level of Shake It Off or Blank Space. So just don’t get your hopes up that she’s going to obliterate the charts with her singles, she probably won’t. I mean at this point in most big artists’ careers they were getting trailed by the newer artists on the singles charts but still pulled huge touring numbers and album numbers. That’s the route Taylor’s headed down, though this is her last chance to have another massive era and she’ll probably pull all the stops to make that happen.

Anyway, sorry for the essay lmao dead2 just trying to approach this era with low expectations which everyone sans usual detractors should. It’s always the eras that aren’t expected to be massive that end up being massive anyway jj2 

She’s touring again already? oprah9

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

She’s touring again already? oprah9

Not yet, but probably late this year or early next year jj2

Her tours usually start 6-7 months after the album release (1989: Oct 27th album release and May 5th tour opening, Reputation: Nov 10th album release vs. May 8th). So, assuming the album comes July/August she’ll probably start anywhere from January to March. If it was up to me I’d say start as early as November and go to Oceania first, and really anywhere that it’s warmer, if she does a more global tour this time. But she will likely start in NA or Asia so the usual schedule seems most likely.

40 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Not yet, but probably late this year or early next year jj2

Her tours usually start 6-7 months after the album release (1989: Oct 27th album release and May 5th tour opening, Reputation: Nov 10th album release vs. May 8th). So, assuming the album comes July/August she’ll probably start anywhere from January to March. If it was up to me I’d say start as early as November and go to Oceania first, and really anywhere that it’s warmer, if she does a more global tour this time. But she will likely start in NA or Asia so the usual schedule seems most likely.

If she does a 90% NA tour plus like 5 other countries again ari4

29 minutes ago, Jjang said:

If she does a 90% NA tour plus like 5 other countries again ari4

Probably ari9 

I mean Speak Now Tour is literally her most global tour and it happened during her second most local era (her Debut being the most local) so I... don't know what's stopping her now that she's a massive force. Greed and laziness, I assume, but she used to do 100+ dates and I heard her stage wasn't actually expensive to move last time. However, Republic is already rolling out promo across the globe (Germany, PH, Japan, etc.) so if they have any say in it, she'll probably do more countries this time around if she actually cares about this album. Someone has to force her to get off of her geographical incompetent ass! ari4 

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Probably ari9 

I mean Speak Now Tour is literally her most global tour and it happened during her second most local era (her Debut being the most local) so I... don't know what's stopping her now that she's a massive force. Greed and laziness, I assume, but she used to do 100+ dates and I heard her stage wasn't actually expensive to move last time. However, Republic is already rolling out promo across the globe (Germany, PH, Japan, etc.) so if they have any say in it, she'll probably do more countries this time around if she actually cares about this album. Someone has to force her to get off of her geographical incompetent ass! ari4 

I guess she signs a specific contract for the record cycle (like lets say they agree on 50 dates) and that leaves her team to pick the top 50 most financially beneficial locations to tour in... or something like that. So, yeah, it is laziness. 

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

I guess she signs a specific contract for the record cycle (like lets say they agree on 50 dates) and that leaves her team to pick the top 50 most financially beneficial locations to tour in... or something like that. So, yeah, it is laziness. 

Makes sense, to be honest I don't know much about the technicalities of touring and scheduling so. It's nice to learn how it works though ari9 

Hopefully they agree on more dates this time. I understand not wanting to do 100 dates but 80 sounds about right, which would give her 20-ish dates to go to other countries she doesn't usually go. The tour will definitely be the highlight of her era as usual, she better not fuck it up for international fans by being lazy again.

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

Makes sense, to be honest I don't know much about the technicalities of touring and scheduling so. It's nice to learn how it works though ari9 

Hopefully they agree on more dates this time. I understand not wanting to do 100 dates but 80 sounds about right, which would give her 20-ish dates to go to other countries she doesn't usually go. The tour will definitely be the highlight of her era as usual, she better not fuck it up for international fans by being lazy again.

She could easily break madonnas record if she doesnt be lazy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.