Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ajp

Paris Notre-Dame Cathedral Fire Now Out

Just now, Luca said:

Maybe a huge reach, but what about candles? I refuse to believe this happened by mistake and also refuse to believe a person did this, how evil can one be?

I wouldn't know. However, given that candles likely burn per day, I doubt this one instance would've just caught the whole place to engulf. We will have to wait for the investigation.

11 minutes ago, Luca said:

Can you believe this church went through wars and storms only for it to be destroyed by a fucking FIRE?

Unbelievable. I'm honestly so enraged by this. How the fuck could this happen?!!

I’m sure of the fact that I’m not alone in feeling this way - as any sort of destruction of ancient historical architecture is extremely devastating - but there’s something about fire destruction that always sends my stomach into knots. The wreckage, the burnt infrastructure of what used to be such massive landmarks for society. And not even with just huge landmarks, but I know of a house in my city that burned and I’ve passed it a few times and what’s left of it is simply bone chilling and hard to look at. What fires leave behind is just always so eerie when compared to what it once was, especially when coupled with the historic significance of a location like this.

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I’m sure of the fact that I’m not alone in feeling this way - as any sort of destruction of ancient historical architecture is extremely devastating - but there’s something about fire destruction that always sends my stomach into knots. The wreckage, the burnt infrastructure of what used to be such massive landmarks for society. And not even with just huge landmarks, but I know of a house in my city that burned and I’ve passed it a few times and what’s left of it is simply bone chilling and hard to look at. What’s left is always so eerie when compared to what it once was.

A literal scar is what it is now, and not a pretty one either. 

To think that this historical building, home to decades of history and art, has stood the test of time and is all being destroyed by a fire. This is just devastating and heartbreaking to watch.

Just now, Quill said:

To think that this historical building, home to decades of history and art, has stood the test of time and is all being destroyed by a fire. This is just devastating and heartbreaking to watch.

What's worse it seeing it getting destroyed and not being able to do anything about it, how bad those people in Paris must feel. :( 

1 minute ago, Luca said:

What's worse it seeing it getting destroyed and not being able to do anything about it, how bad those people in Paris must feel. :( 

I can't evening begin to imagine how the people of Paris are feeling right now. :(

3 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Am I the only one who literally feels like crying? What an incredible loss for humanity.

No, not that I would cry, but I'd understand that. I have been having these chills ever since I heard the news. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.