Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Luca

Britney Spears may retire from music

Britney is planning to quit showbiz for good just weeks after checking into rehab, reports claim.

Britney was forced to cancel her Las Vegas residency and has been struggling to cope since dad Jamie Spears suffered a ruptured colon.

He's since undergone two surgeries, but sources say the idea of living without the man who supported her following her 2007 breakdown has made her re-evaluate everything.

A source told Heat magazine: "While she's obviously struggling to come to terms with the idea of her father not being around some day, Britney has been weighing up what's really important in life.

"Her close friends truly believe she could quit showbiz for good, because without her dad there to push her – or to have an influence in what she does – she would be able to take control of her life again.”

x

I can’t see her giving showbiz up, but I can see her taking time off, like Celine did 20 years ago to start a family. I wish her all the best dealing with her father’s illness in the meantime. oprah7 

1 minute ago, Emperor Nick said:

I can't quite work out what they are trying to say... Is she wanting to quit because jamie is sick or is she wanting to quit if he dies and her court order ends... 

I feel as though this article was just horribly written. dead1

17 minutes ago, Emperor Nick said:

I can't quite work out what they are trying to say... Is she wanting to quit because jamie is sick or is she wanting to quit if he dies and her court order ends... 

Same. It's very equivocal.

That said, I do wonder if her quitting might be for the best, especially if it's what she wants. She'll always be a legend.

Britney has never been the same since she was hospitalized, put under conservatorship, and put on serious prescription drugs in 2007. She deserves to retire but I have a feeling Jamie and Larry will push for another comeback.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.