Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Aidan.

My Madonna Albums Ranking

Just now, Madonna said:

Erotica remains shit and that is my opinion. I don't understand why y'all are trying to convince me otherwise. It's shit and Holy Water did what erotica tried to do better in my eyes. Sorry not sorry. 

TtvGJdU.gif

Because your argument can't be that it has no melodies when in reality it has more melodies than the song you're jerking off to. Just say that you don't get it musically and move on, there's no need to shit on it because you're frustrated you didn't get your boring, cheeky clean Pop production that you're so used to being fed.

Just now, Jjang said:

Because your argument can't be that it has no melodies when in reality it has more melodies than the song you're jerking off to. Just say that you don't get it musically and move on, there's no need to shit on it because you're frustrated you didn't get your boring, cheeky clean Pop production that you're so used to being fed.

Where is the melody during the verses of:

Erotica

Where Life Begins

Waiting

Goodbye to Innocence

Secret Garden

???

They don't exist. It's just her TALKING and it's a total overkill when she already had two singles like that. She could have easily cut Waiting & Where Life Begins and keep Erotica as "intro" and Secret Garden as "outro". That would have improved the album especially in terms of length. It's too long for being too much of the same shit.

Also this >>>>>>>>>> Erotica

This >>>>>>>>>>>> Final Version of Words

They literally ruined the songs for the final versions cause she was being pretentious about the "rough" sound.

TtvGJdU.gif

4 minutes ago, Beyoncé said:

The Bedtime Stories appreciation makes my heart happykylie1

Bedtime Stories is an excellently produced album BUT the songs overall don't do much for me. Too mellow...too slow. Idk...I feel like this album just doesn't have many standouts and is slightly heavy on fillers. But the productions stands out as sublime. I will give it that.

7 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Where is the melody during the verses of:

Erotica

Where Life Begins

Waiting

Goodbye to Innocence

Secret Garden

???

They don't exist. It's just her TALKING and it's a total overkill when she already had two singles like that. She could have easily cut Waiting & Where Life Begins and keep Erotica as "intro" and Secret Garden as "outro". That would have improved the album especially in terms of length. It's too long for being too much of the same shit.

Also this >>>>>>>>>> Erotica

This >>>>>>>>>>>> Final Version of Words

They literally ruined the songs for the final versions cause she was being pretentious about the "rough" sound.

TtvGJdU.gif

But where's the melody in Holy Water? I can't at you passionately ignoring that when I've been noting it since page 1. hottie1 

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

But where's the melody in Holy Water? I can't at you passionately ignoring that when I've been noting it since page 1. hottie1 

Holy Water is not read out like the songs from Erotica are. Please stop lying. 

There's a melody in the chorus that is very similar to Erotica's very plain.... "Erotic, erotic put your hands all over my body". There's also melody in the prechorus. The song itself is more of a soundscape, I admit that but I just find it overall more intriguing than just a poem being read over some lame New Jack Swing beat (aside from the fact that I hate that genre). I like all the sonical aspects of Holy Water, I like how the lyrics interact with the beat...

Fun fact: I LOVE the chorus of Where Life Begins. That one is FIRE and I'm mad the rest of the song doesn't follow that and is so uneventful. The same goes for Waiting although I'm not a big fan of that song's chorus, beat or anything really. jj1 

I LOVE Secret Garden. I love the beat, the piano, the lyrics. That song is flawless because it doesn't get boring and keep a rather steady pace.

10 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Holy Water is not read out like the songs from Erotica are. Please stop lying. 

There's a melody in the chorus that is very similar to Erotica's very plain.... "Erotic, erotic put your hands all over my body". There's also melody in the prechorus. The song itself is more of a soundscape, I admit that but I just find it overall more intriguing than just a poem being read over some lame New Jack Swing beat (aside from the fact that I hate that genre). I like all the sonical aspects of Holy Water, I like how the lyrics interact with the beat...

Fun fact: I LOVE the chorus of Where Life Begins. That one is FIRE and I'm mad the rest of the song doesn't follow that and is so uneventful. The same goes for Waiting although I'm not a big fan of that song's chorus, beat or anything really. jj1 

I LOVE Secret Garden. I love the beat, the piano, the lyrics. That song is flawless because it doesn't get boring and keep a rather steady pace.

Well, in my opinion, had those spoken parts were replaced with "melodies" an integral and essential factor that makes the album so sensual and dark would have been lost, and a theme would be less evident... and the music would be less provocative. chi1 You're clearly set on your opinion and I'm done trying to enlighten it. I think her spoken voice sounds absolutely brilliant, and perfectly synced with the melting pot of subtle musical elements that are going on in the background. 

7 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Well, in my opinion, had those spoken parts were replaced with "melodies" an integral and essential factor that makes the album so sensual and dark would have been lost, and a theme would be less evident... and the music would be less provocative. chi1 You're clearly set on your opinion and I'm done trying to enlighten it. I think her spoken voice sounds absolutely brilliant, and perfectly synced with the melting pot of subtle musical elements that are going on in the background. 

That is your opinion and I respect that being your opinion. In my opinion it adds nothing intriguing to the song and that's why I never get back to them, really. I clearly have a different access to music than you are. I'm not a "vibe or mood" person in most cases. I don't listen to stuff like Solange and a lot of Frank Ocean their music is not particularly accessible. Call me basic, idc. I need strong melodious and rich production or interesting, yet accessible production that can compensate a lack of melody.

Do you get what I'm trying to say? 

58 minutes ago, Jjang said:

You're acting like one those people who complain about artists such as Björk or even FKA Twigs for "lacking hooks"

Screaming cause I’m pretty sure he’s said exactly that about Björk before rip3 tabula rasa ha!

12 minutes ago, Madonna said:

That is your opinion and I respect that being your opinion. In my opinion it adds nothing intriguing to the song and that's why I never get back to them, really. I clearly have a different access to music than you are. I'm not a "vibe or mood" person in most cases. I don't listen to stuff like Solange and a lot of Frank Ocean their music is not particularly accessible. Call me basic, idc. I need strong melodious and rich production or interesting, yet accessible production that can compensate a lack of melody.

Do you get what I'm trying to say? 

That's ok, we have different tastes. dead7 Just weird 'cause we agreed on a lot of different stuff in the past.

28 minutes ago, Jjang said:

That's ok, we have different tastes. dead7 Just weird 'cause we agreed on a lot of different stuff in the past.

It happens, sis. I still love you no matter what. To be fair though...I'm currently in a bit of a trolling mood because I'm still so disappointed with Medellín. jj1 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.