Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Aidan.

My Madonna Albums Ranking

5 hours ago, Madonna said:

It was designed that way and I hate it because it makes it sound DATED.

I disagree I don't think Holy Water sounds particularly reminiscent of a certain era in music just like most of Kanye's production. His music doesn't follow certain trends. Erotten sounds very typically early 90s but even more so than any of her other albums from that era. Bedtime Stories also sounds slightly dated but it's so well-produced and polished that it has aged quite well.

All her 80's albums sound dated. Like a Prayer too. gaga6

35 minutes ago, Jjang said:

that's why Rocket by Beyoncé is so under-appreciatedI

tea. brit15

37 minutes ago, Jjang said:

counting the embarrassing bitch get off my pole lines) and then samples Vogue for the sole and dumb reason that "they sound alike!! haha!" (she literally said

i mean, the last time she sampled Vogue was at the Erotica album. @Madonna Holy Water has many similarities with Erotica apparently. brit15

1 hour ago, Liam said:

only bad songs on Erotica are Did You Do It? and maybe Bye Bye Baby!!! PERIOD

fP5phHT.gif 

Not you coming for one of the most underrated singles of her career

fP5phHT.gif

tho i do wish the album version had the same arrangement as the girlie show wendy3

2 hours ago, Jjang said:

Once again, the 'unpolished' sound you're referring to was intentionally designed to sound like that, Madonna publicly stated that "She wanted Erotica to have a raw edge to it, as if it were recorded in an alley in Harlem, and not a light glossy production to permeate her sound." Just because you're clueless of that soundscape and its' textures doesn't dismiss the value of that production. It's like playing ignorant when you hear the auto tune in the Music album, that decision was led by her artistic license, not as a result of laziness or short comings. In my opinion it's her 2nd most well produced album after Ray of Light. And spare that little monster "omg it borrowed from a musical trend!! it's bad!!" logic, that's just embarrassing, just because the soundscape sounded contemporary back then doesn't make it any less progressive, thought forward and evoking on a production level. It was aesthetically on trend. Just like Ray of Light was with late 90's European Electronica music. 

What makes Erotica so special, and what you don't seem to get (seeing how you're one of those people who jerk off to accessible Pop music, but are too proud to accept that so they lure other people into thinking they're listening to something *unique*) is that the songs take their time to evolve and make their statements, you can't predict the pattern/structures if you just listen to the first 30 seconds, or even minute of them. That's extremely rare in Pop music and Pop fags who only like to chew on Pop nuggets sound bites hate those songs, that's why Rocket by Beyoncé is so under-appreciated ( @Urbanov I hope you agree, lol).

I mean, here you are trying to argue that the repetitive grandma song that just goes "don't it taste like holy water brit15??" forty fucking times (and that's not counting the embarrassing bitch get off my pole lines) and then samples Vogue for the sole and dumb reason that "they sound alike!! haha!" (she literally said that lol) and calls it a day - is somehow daring, experimental, and creative, but a concept album that is expertly curated (esp. in terms of sound, don't you dare telling me the merge of jazz-house, acid, trip hop - dance music was done before on a mainstream level) explores how sexual acts are related to dark thoughts, trauma and guilt is trash. 

And just for the record, as for Waiting:

Melody (1) - "Don't go breaking my heart, like you said you would... / life has taught me that love".

Melody (2) - "Finally I see a different man, only love can hurt like this can... / tell me who is going to take my place".

Melody (3) - "I know it from the start that you would desert me... / please don't hurt me" .

Melody (4) - "Waiting for you, just waiting... / don't break my heart".

And then you have that gorgeous piano breakdowns post - bridge + in the outro, and those spoken lyrics: 

"Well, I know from experience
That if you have to ask for something more than once or twice
It wasn't yours in the first place
And that's hard to accept when you love someone
And you're led to believe in their moment of need
That they want what you want but they don't

It was so easy in the beginning
When you didn't feel like running from your feelings like you are now
What happened?
What do I remind you of?
Your past, your dreams
Or some part of yourself that you just can't love?
I wish I could believe you
Or at least have the courage to leave you"

SxBkY4S.gif

But some grandma going DOn'T iT tAsTE liKE HoLY WaTeR!! x40 thinking it's a smart innuendo is revolutionary, okay. ari1

Melody in the chorus and then the verses are all absolutely boring and tuneless. Sorry that isn't a proper song to me. Justify My Love was cute and so was Rescue Me. She should have left that concept after those two. 

In MY OPINION Erotten just doesn't have it. It's her third worst IN MY OPINION and you will not convince me otherwise. No matter how long your essays will be. It will always be in that positions for the reasons I've mentioned. Just because she intended for it to sound like a bunch of shitty demos doesn't mean I think it's sounds good. It sounds like dated-ass trash in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Melody in the chorus and then the verses are all absolutely boring and tuneless. Sorry that isn't a proper song to me. Justify My Love was cute and so was Rescue Me. She should have left that concept after those two. 

In MY OPINION Erotten just doesn't have it. It's her third worst IN MY OPINION and you will not convince me otherwise. No matter how long your essays will be. It will always be in that positions for the reasons I've mentioned. Just because she intended for it to sound like a bunch of shitty demos doesn't mean I think it's sounds good. It sounds like dated-ass trash in my opinion.

Nope, there are three more voal melodies that I mentioned, ignoring facts and speaking out of your ass is not a cute look.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame honored album & Slant Magazine’s best female Pop album of the 90’s remains unbothered.

Just now, Jjang said:

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame honored album & Slant Magazine’s best female Pop album of the 90’s remains unbothered.

Do you think I give a shit what the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame says? Like as if that's gonna change my opinion on her third worst album.

Just now, Madonna said:

Do you think I give a shit what the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame says? Like as if that's gonna change my opinion on her third worst album.

They won’t honor badly produced music. 

Anyway, there are 3 vocal melodies that you ignored, so don’t use that as an argument next time cause clearly it’s factually incorrect. I mean, you don’t get the merit of it. That’s fine. Just don’t spread bs. Both in praising that shit track and in discrediting this amazing album, bye.

Just now, Jjang said:

They won’t honor badly produced music. 

Anyway, there are 3 vocal melodies that you ignored, so don’t use that as an argument next time cause clearly it’s factually incorrect. I mean, you don’t get the merit of it. That’s fine. Just don’t spread bs. Both in praising that shit track and in discrediting this amazing album, bye.

I will do whatever the fuck I feel is right.

Erotica DOESN'T HAVE MELODIES throughout most of the VERSES of the songs. That is a fact. A sung chorus and pre-chorus don't make up for the lack of melody throughout the verses. That is what you have ignored.

The album sounds unfinished. You said it was intentional. Good, I say it's the reason it sounds dated and shit in my eyes and that isn't gonna change a Flop & Roll Hall of Shit induction.

The album is constantly being cited as "fearless". Yes, she was fearless for releasing such a piece of crap and thinking she wouldn't flop. Luckily she sid, so she wouldn't attempt do ever do shit like that again. The gimmick itself is responsible for this album's reputation and the newfound admiration among her fans (people wouldn't dare to call it her best a few years ago).

Bottom line is, Holy Water is amazing and in her top album cute, whereas the most of Erotten ranks at the bottom. ny9 I will continue to preach that gospel and you can fucking seethe. Rebel Heart was the best thing she's done since COADF and it's better than Erotten and Deathbed Stories, yes. Now suck that shit up and stop quoting me.

Ray of Light - Like a Prayer - COADF

are the only acceptable top 3. There is no room for Erotten and Deathbed Stories with these three in the top positions.

Yes, Rebel Heart is better than those two. That and American Life. moo11 Eat it, fags.

1 minute ago, Liam said:

u mean 2nd only to Ray of Light. True Blue can stay out of the top five bebe1 

1 minute ago, Lachlan said:

April Fools was weeks ago. bebe1 

I won’t apologize for my beliefs, specifically this ranking:

MDNA

Rebel Heart

Like a Virgin

Hard Candy

American Life

Bedtime Stories

Music

Madonna

Like a Prayer

Ray of Light

Confessions on a Dancefloor

Erotica

True Blue

undefined

9 minutes ago, SockBitch said:

Correct, 2nd only to True Blue bebe1 

Imagine placing True Poo as your #1 album. bebe1 That's almost as bad as placing Erotten and Deathbed Stories in the top 3.

Just now, Madonna said:

Ray of Light - Like a Prayer - COADF

are the only acceptable top 3. There is no room for Erotten and Deathbed Stories with these three in the top positions.

Yes, Rebel Heart is better than those two. That and American Life. moo11 Eat it, fags.

u should flush these opinions down the toilet in ur newly designed lavatory!

kiohKod.gif 

1. Ray of Light

2. Like a Prayer

3. Confessions on a Dance Floor

4. American Life

5. Music

6. Rebel Heart

7. True Blue

8. Madonna

9. Bedtime Stories

10. Hard Candy

11. Erotica