Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

rosekesha

Would Praying do better if it wasn't released in summer?

Would Praying do better on charts if it was released in fall or at the beggining of the year, since there are are no much ballads in summer? Thoughts?

I know it's weird but I associate Praying with the summer more than the winter time. Probably because it WAS released in the summer but the video is summery to me and it sounds like something you'd listen to on a dreary, rainy summer day and fit that perfectly. However yeah, I imagine it would've done better during the colder months lol

7 hours ago, trashbanjo said:

Was the GP really THAT unaware of Praying? Lol. I heard it on radio stations all the time. Sure it didn't get Ariana level plays.

Not really. It was Top 10 on Pop and HAC. It peaked low though (#22), but it had longevity (charted for 21 weeks).

7 hours ago, TomTom said:

Not really. It was Top 10 on Pop and HAC. It peaked low though (#22), but it had longevity (charted for 21 weeks).

Oh. I forgot that it not reaching #1 across the board means the GP was unaware of it. Sawrybrit9nicki5

31 minutes ago, trashbanjo said:

Oh. I forgot that it not reaching #1 across the board means the GP was unaware of it. Sawrybrit9nicki5

its okay tho. the album hit #1 whit1 

I feel like a song like that did as good as it could have, it did extraordinarily well for a ballad and really killed it on the radio and did super well for an artist that disappeared for a long long time. I think it was all around super successful. 

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I feel like a song like that did as good as it could have, it did extraordinarily well for a ballad and really killed it on the radio and did super well for an artist that disappeared for a long long time. I think it was all around super successful. 

A part of me wonders I she had used Woman or LTLG as the lead, how successful it woul have been.

But we like Playing as the lead. 

6 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

Really? fall5

Obviously. No one would have cared about a song like Woman or LTLG after all that time and it would have made her comeback seem a lot less strong and serious.

2 minutes ago, TomTom said:

Obviously. No one would have cared about a song like Woman or LTLG after all that time and it would have made her comeback seem a lot less strong and serious.

Makes 100% sense now that you put it in words fall5

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.