Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Ohio bans drag kids

“A Republican politician in Ohio has proposed a change to child exploitation laws after a drag performance of a nine-year-old boy circulated on the internet.

The video shows the child, who’s drag name is Miss Mae Hem, doing cartwheels, splits and a death drop. They are wearing a pink leotard. The child is collecting money from patrons in the four minute video.

However, this has prompted state representative Tim Schaffer to expand the definition of child endangerment laws. This would prevent businesses with liquor licenses from holding performances in which a ‘child simulates sexual activity’.

In a statement he blamed the video for showing a child performing ‘provocative sexually explicit dance routine’.

Incorporating drag into child endangerment means people violating the law punished with up to six months in jail and a $1000 (€889.16) fine.“

Good. 

Just now, Simón. said:

Kids sexualising themselves in front of adults shouldn’t be banned? Ok 

Ok Blair White educated me and I do see where you're coming from. I only thought of kids expressing themselves with hair and makeup which I support and not how they're doing it for money in nightclubs.

30 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

I literally told you I spoke too soon before reading into it more but go off sis hottie1 

lol3 

I think it should be banned everywhere. Taking your prepubescent sons to bars and other venues to dance in revealing drag costumes is exploitation, sexualization and (I can only imagine) will be bad for the kid in the long run. file1

I don't think this is a terrible thing.

If they want to be drag people that badly then they can wait till they're 16, then they have had plenty of time to think about it and make sure it's definitely what they want to do, and are mature enough, by that point, to make that decision! 

I mean i have no issue with kids dressing up fancy and wearing make-up etc. However it does become an issue when they're wearing revealing clothing, preforming at certain venues while doing certain dance moves etc. I also think mentally it's damaging for the kids. Quite frankly anyone who goes to these shows is perverted, and anyone who goes to one of these unaware should just leave. It's disgusting. 

this is good! there's no need for children to dress up sexually and make money off it. i find just normal drag fine as it's just like a costume, cosplay of some sorts. but actually dancing for adults and making money is just a no-go.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.