My thoughts on Hurts 2B Human

Honey 13,086

Just wanted a place to share my thoughts! hug1 

Okay so, P!NK is one of my all time favorite artists. Beautiful Trauma may be one of my favorite albums ever as well. But I have to admit, I wasn’t too hyped for H2BH. But I have to admit... it’s actually got a lot of gems.

The pre-singles are dust compared to the album tracks. It’s crazy that she chose the ones she did. They almost seem to not represent the overall feel of the album in my opinion (looking at you, Hustle). 

The music really comes off as a lament. Overall, I’d say it’s a sad album. The majority of the tracks are faithful to the album title, they all seem to wrestle with her struggles. 

This probably didn’t warrant a thread, but I didn’t wanna clog up the statuses either. 

If you don’t want to listen to the full album, check out these gems at least:

90 Days

Happy

Love Me Anyway

My Attic 

The Last Song of Your Life 

Circle Game

(None of these sound like any of the singles, mind you) 

Andrew’s first night rating: 8.5/10 

I agree that the album definitely has a lot more to offer than the singles. They're a bad representation. Happy is probably my favourite. I'm still letting the album grow on me, but I'm enjoying it at the moment. 

CHANEL #1 10,367

I have it downloaded but have yet to listen. The singles really disappointed me. It's nice to hear the album tracks aren't really in the same vein.

Honey 13,086
10 minutes ago, CHANEL #1 said:

I have it downloaded but have yet to listen. The singles really disappointed me. It's nice to hear the album tracks aren't really in the same vein.

I completely hear ya. If you don’t like the first singles, stay away from Hustle, Walk Me Home, Hurts 2B Human, Can We Pretend, and maybe (Hey Why) Miss You Sometime [though I really like that track]

P!nk is also one of my favourite all time artists. P!nk, Beyoncé and Adele are my holy trinity. But I think P!nk is THE favourite as I've grown up with her music since I was 11.

I do feel like she has peaked musically in my opinion, probably around Funhouse era. I'm Not Dead followed by Funhouse was amazing, and it has my all time favourite song on it, Glitter in the Air. Maybe it's just because that album and that song in particular was so poignant for me. However, despite not many people liking What About Us, it's actually my favourite ever lead single from her.

No album has disappointed me since though, they've all been great. Beautiful Trauma was a really strong album with one sound that ran all the way through it, it was quite consistent. I LOVED Whatever You Want, Secrets, What About Us and Barbies. The only let down for me was You Get My Love on the last album. I rarely skip P!nk songs, but I just deleted that one and ignore it. Her vocals might be strong but it's too screamy for me and there's just no melody to it. Wild Hearts is a more melodic ballad and that would have been a better closing song.

I'm struggling a little with Hurts 2B Human, but I'm not sure why. I think it was the choices of songs for release in the run up to the album. I totally get why Walk Me Home was the lead single. People disagree with it, but its strong, it packs a punch, and its radio friendly. But the others weren't great choices.

I'm struggling because there's not one sound on there that flows all the way through. It's a little bit more varied (which isn't a bad thing), and it's definitely more mellow than Beautiful Trauma and it has 'Barbies' kinda vibe all the way through, and it's 50% ballads, but then that does suit the title of the album.

I think the fact she's tapping into different genre's doesn't make it a mis-mashed mess, but it does make it more of a grower kinda album I think. Her voice will always be incredible though