Jump to content

What kind of cliche, basic trash is ME!

Recommended Posts

Emperor Nick    3,045

And i DARE you swifties to deny that this is not the stereotypical definition of radio, pop generic mess....

The worst thing is, this may very well become a chart hit which literally hurts my brain considering the ARTISTRY of some of the fotp faves getting ignored.

Not a satisfying win for any of you fans ny1 take it like i know you will but deep down you know the tea is hot ny1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ParentalAdvisory    7,341

Just because the Song fulfills the Standards of a typical Pop Song, doesnt  mean the song is bad 

 

i mean its catchy, its cute and perfect for spring/summer time 

Nothing wrong with that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earth Ripper    4,465

It's hard to believe either Taylor or Brendon had anything to do with that song writing-wise chi1 It's the definition of formulaic. And there's nothing wrong with that per se but... what can we say about it? moo1 It's not ambitious, it's not creative, it's forgettable and bland. Fine. No hate. But no praise either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emperor Nick    3,045
3 minutes ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

Just because the Song fulfills the Standards of a typical Pop Song, doesnt  mean the song is bad 

 

i mean its catchy, its cute and perfect for spring/summer time 

Nothing wrong with that 

If it had been released by any other pop girl they would be torn to shreds. 

Basic melody

Overused imagery

Generic lyrics

Can't fight the feeling is suddenly feeling superior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merryem    6,770
Just now, Earth Ripper said:

It's hard to believe either Taylor or Brendon had anything to do with that song writing-wise chi1 It's the definition of formulaic. And there's nothing wrong with that per se but... what can we say about it? moo1 It's not ambitious, it's not creative, it's forgettable and bland. Fine. No hate. But no praise either.

this exactly brit15 

the people comparing it to shake it off need to get a GRIP. shake it off was stupid pop, yes, but it was self aware stupid and was pretty meta to her in the moment. it also retained some of that signature campy taylor flare brit15 

ME! on the other hand sounds like it was penned soley for middle school summer camp playlists and top 40 radio. there's not a trace of taylor or P!ATD's charm or songwriting. lyric-wise, it's on par with so am I by ava max. could've been sung by her too. brit15 

gotta say i am really really disappointed with this comeback but as always, her albums usually signify better things than the lead. a pity because LWYMMD was such a bop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bright Moon    19,161

Its basic yet sweet and too the point and at this time with all these moody and depressed, pot-smoking fools that are swarming the top 10, this is honestly a fresh air of musical innocence really. And its not like Taylor couldnt be more deep, we know she can, but this sund works very well too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ParentalAdvisory    7,341
5 minutes ago, Emperor Nick said:

If it had been released by any other pop girl they would be torn to shreds. 

Basic melody

Overused imagery

Generic lyrics

Can't fight the feeling is suddenly feeling superior

i bopped hard to CSTF when i was drunk at his concert last year cry6 king  

 

i felt myself cry6 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Entea    28,787

The thought of this song getting overplayed everywhere, ugh, better stock up on paracetamol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madonna    37,981

Taylor getting torn to shreds? FOTP doing my job for once? brit15 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madonna    37,981

THIS IS WORSE THAN MAROON 5's AC POP/ROCK AND KATY'S CHILDISH VIDEOS MASHED TOGETHER! lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fab    12,452

i love it, and so will the gp cry1  stay deluded though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Venus XCX    8,958

Whoever likes this song is either lying to themselves or simply has no taste brit15 She's honestly serving PRISM Katy childish teas at age 30, except PRISM is good brit15 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madonna    37,981
4 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

Whoever likes this song is lying to themselves or has no taste brit15 She's honestly serving PRISM Katy childish teas at age 30, except PRISM is good brit15 

Well, after reputation Taylor can't allow herself to underperform/flop again so she has to do what she does best and that is GP-friendly, basic-ass break-up songs. brit15 

The intro with the snake turning into butterflies. lol3 A CRINGE and a half. I guess the old Taylor came back from the grave.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Urbanov    45,264

The only good thing about upcoming album is that it might have some gems cause all of her leads were pretty shit brit15 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madonna    37,981
Just now, Urbanov said:

The only good thing about upcoming album is that it might have some gems cause all of her leads were pretty shit brit15 

Let's not act like 1989 was groundbreaking either. brit15 

Carly Rae Jepsen could have recorded that album and no one would have noticed.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Venus XCX    8,958
1 minute ago, Madonna said:

Well, after reputation Taylor can't allow herself to underperform/flop again so she has to do wht she can do best and that is GP-friendly, basic-ass break-up songs. brit15 

The intro with the snake turning into butterflies. lol3 A CRINGE and a half. I guess the old Taylor came back from the grave.

A shame because Reputation is by far her most conceptual and interesting album lol3 At this point she should go back to a mix of country/pop if she wants to be seen as a respected songwriter again lol3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madonna    37,981
Just now, Venus XCX said:

A shame because Reputation is by far her most conceptual and interesting album lol3 At this point she should go back to a mix of country/pop if she wants to be seen as a respected songwriter again lol3 

And I actually agree with this despite the fact that I hate this girl. lol3 At least she was kinda brave and really changed it up for once. Obviously, she cares more about commercial success than anything else, so she went back to being basic. Funnily enough, reputation was also extremely trend-chasing but she forgot that her audience doesn't listen to that shit. 

How people don't see through her calculated ways is beyond me...even after Kim exposed her.  lol3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ParentalAdvisory    7,341
3 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

A shame because Reputation is by far her most conceptual and interesting album lol3 At this point she should go back to a mix of country/pop if she wants to be seen as a respected songwriter again lol3 

Rep is her best Album 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×