Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Venus XCX

Man beat up for spoiling Avengers: Endgame in cinemas

12786900-0-image-a-32_1556361570623.jpg

A man has reportedly been beaten up outside a cinema after loudly revealing the plot of the new Avengers film to queuing fans who hadn't yet seen it

According to Taiwanese media, the man was left bloodied outside a cinema in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, after watching Avengers: Endgame. 

A photo of the man has circulated online, according to AsiaOne, and shows him sitting down on a blood-spattered pavement.

x

qvMCWCk.gif 

12 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

I'm not into movies, but people are so EXTRA with this "spoiling" bullshit dead2 Like who cares, you're gonna find out anyway, stupid.... dead2

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum from you but yeah, some people are a little annoying about "spoilers" - I was talking to somebody the other day and I mentioned that Sean Astin was in the second season of Stanger Things the other day and they're like "Don't spoil it!", as if an actor being in it is a spoiler dead2. However, purposely yelling how the movie ends to a bunch of people in line to see it is definitely a dick move, not that beating the shit out of him is a proportionate retribution.

14 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum from you but yeah, some people are a little annoying about "spoilers" - I was talking to somebody the other day and I mentioned that Sean Astin was in the second season of Stanger Things the other day and they're like "Don't spoil it!", as if an actor being in it is a spoiler dead2. However, purposely yelling how the movie ends to a bunch of people in line to see it is definitely a dick move, not that beating the shit out of him is a proportionate retribution.

Yeah, he was being an asshole brit15 But, I hear people saying that in real life brit15

Isn't this the same as listening to leaked snippets tho, since that's an area I can relate to? brit15 But like, if I'm excited for the album I'm gonna listen to the leaks. brit15

1 minute ago, Freaky Prince said:

Yeah, he was being an asshole brit15 But, I hear people saying that in real life brit15

Isn't this the same as listening to leaked snippets tho, since that's an area I can relate to? brit15 But like, if I'm excited for the album I'm gonna listen to the leaks. brit15

Maybe, although many choose not to listen to snippets either, and there's something of a difference between a snippet that was purposely put out and one that was leaked - the former is arguably more analogous to watching a trailer, like a little piece they put out to get people talking.

Jesus... I kind of love him for doing something so universally appalling but then I also kind of love the people who just beat him up for ruining their night before it even started chi1 Anyway, don't underestimate the power of spoilers guys gaga1

I truly don't give a shit about this film franchise, I got into the Captain America films a little bit, but that's it.

I still wouldn't spoil it though, even if I cared about it -- what goes around comes around. 

As is demonstrated in the OP rip4

3 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

I'm not into movies, but people are so EXTRA with this "spoiling" bullshit dead2 Like who cares, you're gonna find out anyway, stupid.... dead2

A million times NO nicki1 

This mentality PISSES me off. As someone who took years of creative writing, a good plot twist is a culmination of great storytelling, character development, plot, etc. all coming together. There’s a reason why they’re “big moments.” It’s a mystery and keeps you on your seat. For some asshole to take that joy away from you just to be an ass? Sorry, but you deserve the shit beat out of you. There are fans who’ve followed for over a decade leading up to this moment and invested countless time and money into it and for some jerk to ruin all that in 2 seconds is BULLSHIT. Get the fuck out of here with the “you’ll find out anyway” mentality. ew1

3 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

If you're not into movies then why does your opinion even count? The suspense and anticipation is part of what makes them (and any kind of storytelling really...film, TV, literature, stage, and even the same music we discuss on this forum daily) so much fun for those of us who are.

10 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

If you still watch superhero movies you deserve to be beaten up anyway

They're not going away, so deal with it.

qvMCWCk.gif

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.