Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hermione

Chris Brown responds to CHVRCHES calling out Marshmello for working with him

On Thursday, CHVRCHES posted a statement about recent collaborator Marshmello working with abuser Chris Brown and predator Tyga on their new song "Light It Up."

[�IMG]

Today, Chris took to Instagram to fire back at the band:

[�IMG]

[�IMG]

P.S. I did not like his comment myself. It was like that in the screenshot I found. brit15

(A.) Why is CHVRCHES even commenting on this. bey9 It’s not like he’s a member of the group.... they just sound entitled and self-important. That they’re right is irrelevant because the effect of their message isn’t even to point out something true about Chris Brown—it’s just a self-aggrandizing fluff statement.

(B.) Chris Brown is actual shit and he can fucking rot. 

He still says peasant in 2019? lmfao1 

Why does this read like a 13 year olds Facebook status after she got mad at her friend lmfao1 Chris Brown is such a manchild, literally lock him back up! lmfao1 

34 minutes ago, Satori said:

(A.) Why is CHVRCHES even commenting on this. bey9 It’s not like he’s a member of the group.... they just sound entitled and self-important. That they’re right is irrelevant because the effect of their message isn’t even to point out something true about Chris Brown—it’s just a self-aggrandizing fluff statement.

They're commenting on it because their track with Marshmello is becoming a hit right now and they don't want to associate themselves with any kind of abusers. Lauren has often spoken out about this kind of thing in the past. It didn't need to be said, but I definitely think they're justified in saying it.

46 minutes ago, Satori said:

This is what I was trying to say, thank you 

1 hour ago, Satori said:

Rent-A-Rappers in a nutshell. They get one big collab and think they're the best.

chris brown is trash and also lmfao @ the ppl in this thread saying why are they commenting...because they fucking can and speaking out against abusers is never "self important" the fuck

1 hour ago, Merryem said:

chris brown is trash and also lmfao @ the ppl in this thread saying why are they commenting...because they fucking can and speaking out against abusers is never "self important" the fuck

Sis I understand that and am not saying they shouldn't speak out or that doing so by default makes them look "self-important." Their message reads that way though, at least on some level to me, because they are commenting on a former collaborator who is, in turn, collaborating with an abuser. I feel like an analogous move would be to drag Ariana for not publicly disassociating from Nicki because Nicki, in turn, has been involved with messy/abusive figures. To me, their post misses the point:  why are they disassociating from Marshmello and not from the real trash:  Tyga and Chris Brown. I'm not saying marshmello gets a free pass, because Nicki doesn't either for associating with people like that, only that their post reads like a criticism of him more than speaking against the people he's associated with. I feel like, as a result, it's less a criticism of abuse than of association with abuse, which reminds me of the ineffective approach SJW types sometimes have even if their points are valid.

2 hours ago, Americunt said:

They're commenting on it because their track with Marshmello is becoming a hit right now and they don't want to associate themselves with any kind of abusers. Lauren has often spoken out about this kind of thing in the past. It didn't need to be said, but I definitely think they're justified in saying it.

Gotcha. I knew Lauren has talked about this issue before but tbh I didn't even know they had a song with Marshmello. brit15

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.