Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

Your Marvel ranking?...

So now that they've finally culminated their extreme successful 22 film experiment, how do you rank all the films so far? I'm kind of obsessed with making lists and this seems as good an excuse as any....

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Avengers: Endgame

Avengers: Infinity War

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Guardians of the Galaxy

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Captain America: Civil War

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Thor: Ragnarok

Iron Man

Captain Marvel

Ant-Man

The Avengers

Black Panther

Thor: The Dark World

Captain America: The First Avenger

Doctor Strange

Thor

Iron Man 3

Avengers: Age of Ultron (this is where I stop liking them)

Iron Man 2

The Incredible Hulk

There's definitely some recency bias in my list, and a lot of them are near-ties. Some movies I like about the same, even though they're five places apart.

The Avengers

Guardians of the Galaxy

Black Panther

Captain Marvel

Iron Man

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2

Thor

Doctor Strange

Ant-Man

Iron Man 3

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Iron Man 2

The Incredible Hulk

Just now, Hermione said:

There's definitely some recency bias in my list, and a lot of them are near-ties. Some movies I like about the same, even though they're five places apart.

The Avengers

Guardians of the Galaxy

Black Panther

Captain Marvel

Iron Man

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2

Thor

Doctor Strange

Ant-Man

Iron Man 3

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Iron Man 2

The Incredible Hulk

Yeah, same for me, everything from Ant-Man and the Wasp to Thor: The Dark World is logged as a 7/10 for me, although some of those are high and low 7s rip4 

I guess we're relatively close on the lower ones. I like Thor: The Dark World more than most it seems; I thought it was an improvement over the first Thor, which wasn't bad but it did feel like they blew too much money on the early Asgard sequences and thus set the rest in a one horse town in New Mexico.

55 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yeah, same for me, everything from Ant-Man and the Wasp to Thor: The Dark World is logged as a 7/10 for me, although some of those are high and low 7s rip4 

I guess we're relatively close on the lower ones. I like Thor: The Dark World more than most it seems; I thought it was an improvement over the first Thor, which wasn't bad but it did feel like they blew too much money on the early Asgard sequences and thus set the rest in a one horse town in New Mexico.

I know it's not the "best," but the first Avengers is always going to have a special place in my heart. I was so young and naive when it came out, and even though parts of it have aged badly, it's always going to remind me of a simpler time before I had to worry about being a grownup. Most of the Phase One movies do really, but that one especially just because it was the first time we'd seen a crossover of that caliber. It was so exciting to witness something like that and I have so many nostalgic memories associated with it.

I love the first Guardians too, but I have some bad memories surrounding that one. My parents had been acting really weird around me all week before I saw it, and it turned out that they had found my Tumblr I never thought they would see and were discussing punishments for things I had reblogged and posted on there. As soon as I came back from the movie they told me that was my last day of freedom and I was grounded for the rest of the summer. I won't go into details, but it was so awkward and since then we've just silently agreed never to speak of it again the last five years. So thinking of that movie always brings me back to that feeling of embarrassment, shame, and anxiety. bebe1

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I know it's not the "best," but the first Avengers is always going to have a special place in my heart. I was so young and naive when it came out, and even though parts of it have aged badly, it's always going to remind me of a simpler time before I had to worry about being a grownup. Most of the Phase One movies do really, but that one especially just because it was the first time we'd seen a crossover of that caliber. It was so exciting to witness something like that and I have so many nostalgic memories associated with it.

I love the first Guardians too, but I have some bad memories surrounding that one. My parents had been acting really weird around me all week before I saw it, and it turned out that they had found my Tumblr I never thought they would see and were discussing punishments for things I had reblogged and posted on there. As soon as I came back from the movie they told me that was my last day of freedom and I was grounded for the rest of the summer. I won't go into details, but it was so awkward and since then we've just silently agreed never to speak of it again the last five years. So thinking of that movie always brings me back to that feeling of embarrassment, shame, and anxiety. bebe1

I like it too, but you can tell Whedon had almost entirely directed TV before it - other than a few sequences, it's staged in a very set like way up until the battle of New York, and with some other films to compare it to now it has one of the most simplistic plots, if not the absolute. But it's still an engaging movie with many funny moments, and yeah, it was cool to see it all blend together like that.

Oh, well I'm sorry to hear that rip4 To some degree I can relate to what you're saying, although with that specific movie I actually happened to be quite enjoying myself at the time fall8 

Iron Man

Endgame

Infinity War

The Avengers 

Age of Ultron

Guardians Of The Galaxy

Black Panther 

Iron Man 3

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Ant-Man

Thor

Captain Marvel

Guardians 2

Doctor Strange

Iron Man 2

The Incredible Hulk brit15

I'm probably one of the few people that would rank Iron Man 3 and Ultron that high. brit15 To me, The Incredible Hulk might as well not exist considering the complete revamp that they gave him. It's the only one that I can't bring myself to watch again. The first 8 movies in my list are all pretty close, some of them are interchangable.

1. Avengers: Infinity War
  2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 
  3. Avengers: Endgame
  4. Captain America: Civil War
  5. Iron Man
  6. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  7. Thor: Ragnarok 
  8. Black Panther 
  9. The Incredible Hulk
  10. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  11. Captain America: The First Avenger 
  12. The Avengers 
  13. Ant-Man
  14. Captain Marvel
  15. Doctor Strange
  16. Iron Man 3
  17. Guardians Of The Galaxy
  18. Thor
  19. Iron Man 2
  20. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  21. Guardians 2
  22. Thor: The Dark World

To be fair I gave up on The Dark World, skimmed Guardians Vol 2 before Endgame for Gamora and Nebula and seen half of Homecoming sorry1 

20 hours ago, PoisonCandy said:

Iron Man

Endgame

Infinity War

The Avengers 

Age of Ultron

Guardians Of The Galaxy

Black Panther 

Iron Man 3

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Ant-Man

Thor

Captain Marvel

Guardians 2

Doctor Strange

Iron Man 2

The Incredible Hulk brit15

I'm probably one of the few people that would rank Iron Man 3 and Ultron that high. brit15 To me, The Incredible Hulk might as well not exist considering the complete revamp that they gave him. It's the only one that I can't bring myself to watch again. The first 8 movies in my list are all pretty close, some of them are interchangable.

I mean, I like Iron Man 3 - particularly how it's unabashedly a Shane Black action movie, it just needed a little polishing. Ultron I was quite disappointed by, but I haven't seen it in almost four years now, not that I don't remember it pretty clearly.

For me, it's not that The Incredible Hulk feels like it has no place, I just don't like the movie. It was just too much of a reaction to Ang Lee's Hulk film. 

19 hours ago, Venus XCX said:
  1. Avengers: Infinity War
  2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 
  3. Avengers: Endgame
  4. Captain America: Civil War
  5. Iron Man
  6. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  7. Thor: Ragnarok 
  8. Black Panther 
  9. The Incredible Hulk
  10. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  11. Captain America: The First Avenger 
  12. The Avengers 
  13. Ant-Man
  14. Captain Marvel
  15. Doctor Strange
  16. Iron Man 3
  17. Guardians Of The Galaxy
  18. Thor
  19. Iron Man 2
  20. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  21. Guardians 2
  22. Thor: The Dark World

To be fair I gave up on The Dark World, skimmed Guardians Vol 2 before Endgame for Gamora and Nebula and seen half of Homecoming sorry1 

Hey, the only Incredible Hulk fan in this thread so far. Seems you and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of these, but what is it you like so much about that particular movie?

53 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Hey, the only Incredible Hulk fan in this thread so far. Seems you and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of these, but what is it you like so much about that particular movie?

I guess it's for nostalgia reasons, it was one of my favourite movies as a kid, the action scenes are great like at the university and the final battle with the Abomination, I liked Liv Tyler as Betty Ross and think Edward Norton was the best Bruce Banner. I mean Mark Ruffalo has played himself as Bruce since AoU, which is party to blame on the directors. It's also one of the shorter MCU movies which is to it's advantages. Not completely sure why people drag it other than because that version of the Hulk was never continued.

2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I mean, I like Iron Man 3 - particularly how it's unabashedly a Shane Black action movie, it just needed a little polishing. Ultron I was quite disappointed by, but I haven't seen it in almost four years now, not that I don't remember it pretty clearly.

For me, it's not that The Incredible Hulk feels like it has no place, I just don't like the movie. It was just too much of a reaction to Ang Lee's Hulk film. 

Iron Man 3 definitely isn't flawless, but I still loved it. Way better than the second one imo. The one thing I always see people bring up with Iron Man 3 is the twist with the Mandarin. I totally get why people were pissed and disappointed, but it didn't really phase me as much. I think maybe that's part of the reason why I find it more enjoyable than other people do.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.