Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hermione

Some exclusive James Charles tea...

21 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

I would go as far as to say James has a legal case of defamation of character against Tati. I think in a court of law, with all of the evidence laid out and all of the witnesses testifying, this would not play out in Tati's favor. A well established 37 year old woman defaming a 19 year olds reputation based on incomplete and twisted stories, which caused him to lose MILLIONS of subscribers and perhaps even business opportunities, simply does not look good on her part. And remember - this started over beauty vitamins and Coachella passes. Yes, he lied to her, but just like we agreed on - he's a shitty egotistical 19 year old. I think a court of law would expect an almost 40 year old person to have handled this alot more effectively and in a more mature manner than James. I don't think Tati actually intended on "cancelling" him, if this is the case then it clearly backfired. If Tati was genuinely concerned about her reputation, she could have easily waited and had lawyers on standby if he attempted to slander her reputation, which he also apparently didn't try to do. 

This whole situation just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I think this became WAY bigger than it should have been.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that. The evidence may not be as black and white as Tati put it, but it certainly isn't extremely in James' favor. Remember, there are still loads of other people's testimony and reports of his behavior. He's lost Tati, Jeffree/Nathan, Dolan Twins, Emma, Shane/Ryland, and probably many more friends over his behavior. I think there are plenty of people who share her opinion on the matter. And I'm kind of tired of this whole "she's 37, he's 19!!". I've said this before, but Tati's been a mentor to him for years and she's tried and tried and tried on multiple occasions to get him to grow and change, but he didn't. It also didn't just "start" over some beauty vitamins. That was the tipping point. Actually, it wasn't even the tipping point, it was James and others skewing the narrative against Tati on YT that was the tipping point. Just having some lawyers "on standby" wasn't going to do anything. She wanted to spread the truth of the matter, including the major issues with a major influencer who has a lot of power over people and YT itself. I'm not saying this was the end-all be-all correct way to do everything, but I don't blame her for making the video and saying what she had to say. And I certainly don't think her age has anything to do with it.

I know you're saying "in a court of law", but I think that's kind of useless conjecture tbh. I don't think James would take Tati to court. From what I can tell, he doesn't hate her for her video. He didn't try to retaliate against any of the claims. He didn't even really claim any of them were defamation or false. And, like I said, I don't think the evidence is stacked entirely in his favor, if not in her favor either.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.